• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted few JB suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

Head Weenie
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Canada
1. Hide and Seek time is three minutes, very long for most maps, I think the only map I can agree with it being there is famous but even then two minutes is enough, so I suggest we reduce it to two minutes I think it’s satisfactory enough where people can’t complain they didn’t get enough time and blues aren’t waiting forever to seek.

2. I don’t know if it was recently added because it was originally broken or suggested but the demoman charge is really OP on LRs that make it melee only, making the blue team barely lose their disadvantage they were intended to get. So if possible I’d suggest shields should be restricted from any day that’s melee only as it should really be melee only

3. wtf happened to jailbreak night? One of the best maps. Unless there’s a good reason why it’s out of rotation I’m suggesting to bring it back

Pootiscow

TF2 community historian
★ Donor ★
Apr 24, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
1. Hide and Seek time is three minutes, very long for most maps, I think the only map I can agree with it being there is famous but even then two minutes is enough, so I suggest we reduce it to two minutes I think it’s satisfactory enough where people can’t complain they didn’t get enough time and blues aren’t waiting forever to seek.
100% agree, 90-120 sec is more than enough to hide for me.
2. I don’t know if it was recently added because it was originally broken or suggested but the demoman charge is really OP on LRs that make it melee only, making the blue team barely lose their disadvantage they were intended to get. So if possible I’d suggest shields should be restricted from any day that’s melee only as it should really be melee only
Barely losing their advantage seems like a massive understatement(for melee only round), 2x the players who are also able to get ammo is way more of an advantage than demos who can charge. If the reds all want to rebel, they should be able to win every time already.
For purge, it is fairly OP for blue demos to have charge, and every time everyone tries to get a spot on blue so they are able to charge. Personally, I don't feel strongly either way for changing charge on purge.
3. wtf happened to jailbreak night? One of the best maps. Unless there’s a good reason why it’s out of rotation I’m suggesting to bring it back
100% agree, replace the normal minecraft map with the night version in the rotating map servers, idk why the normal one is even an option when you could join almost any other jailbreak server to play that map 24/7.

Reactions: Olaves

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
London :D

Between 90-120 seconds sounds perfect IMO. I agree. 3 minutes is WAYYYY too long.

TheMinecraftPoke

The Lucky One
Honorary Member ★
May 5, 2019
Great suggestion. Hide and Seek should be reduced to 90 seconds because 3 minutes is too long.
While we’re at it, can we add disguising for REDs back? That shit was the most fun I’ve had on jailbreak forever
I never knew that disguising was allowed on red but I think this will be op because reds could sneak about disguised as a blue.

Ray

Head Weenie
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Canada
Unfortunately minecraft night causes issues related to crashing I believe, it you have questions you can ask xypher but it looks like we aren’t getting it back unless an update to the map might fix the issue not sure

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017

Alright, in retrospect yeah there has been a lot of complaints about it. So, I don't think it'd hurt that much to lower it a minute (except for larger maps such as Chretein), but I honestly still see it as fine. The rounds last thirteen minutes overall, so BLUs still have ten minutes to seek and REDs still have plenty of time to choose a good hiding spot. The only issue I really see with the time being three minutes is that it's annoying for the BLUs waiting when they feel they don't need to. Not that that's an invalid complaint, I get the question of if the hiding time is needed, I'm just bringing up the point that it doesn't really harm the game at all, unlike the opposite (too short of a hiding time) would.

On one hand, Demoman shields just aren't melees, so they should be restricted like they are on Pokemon. On the other hand, I agree with @Pootiscow on that BLUs will just get steamrolled more than they usually do on melee only rounds if the shields were removed. So here are my thoughts:

+1 for removing on Purge. The aspect of BLUs needing some defense capabilities isn't an issue here, so there's no argument I can see for keeping the shields enabled.

Leaning towards +1 for removing on melee-only rounds. While yes, it wouldn't be just barely a disadvantage, I think the whole point of the LR anyway is nerfing the BLUs to hell, so I don't think it matters much to remove what really shouldn't be enabled in the first place. Also, just from personal experience, I haven't seen much melee-only rounds saved by demoknighting.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Bring new JB maps something high demand for a year now but is ignored all the time

Reactions: Prxme
Status
Not open for further replies.