• We are giving away VIP+ and a bunch of games! Check out the Giveaways section.

Declined First Officer Marjoribank's Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requirements:
  • No VAC/Game ban(s) on record: [ ✔ ]
  • Clean [+]SteamREP: [ ✔ ]
  • No active bans on the community: [ ✔ ]
  • Member in our Steam group: [ ✔ ]
  • At least 16+ years old: [ ✔ ]
  • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 600+ hours: [ ✔ ]
  • No limited/F2P Steam account: [ ✔ ]
  • Forum account created at least 2 weeks prior to the application: [ X ] (I realise this is an important requirement even if it isn't mandatory, however I'm not that far off and by the time judgement on this application has been made, I may have surpassed this time)
  • Sufficient English skills. [ ✔ ] *
  • Server connection time: 48+ hours [ ✔ ]*
  • Owning and actively using a discord account: [ ✔ ]*
  • No private Steam profile: [ ✔ ] *
  • Sufficient forum activity (At least 15+ posts!): [ ✔ ]*

Personal Information:

SteamID64
: 76561198071220205 (https://steamcommunity.com/id/charlesdreyfus/)
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
How good is your English?: 10, sure I use slang but that ain't too bad, is it?
Will you be able to help donate monthly?: My money goes towards my rent and hobbies, so probably no. If I do have a spare quid or two, then maybe.

Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:
Normally, I would be able to be on from around 3:30pm to 10:30pm (GMT) during the week, bearing in mind I have some assignments each week and this may differ every now and again. Weekends are not good days for me, as I'm either working, or I'm doing airsoft.

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:
I have had had multiple positions on multiple servers (Mostly Gmod but they use the ulx system):

• Gmod: WW2 Deputy Server Manager (8 Months), Star Wars RP Super Admin (6 Months), DarkRP VipAdmin (Over a year) TTT Senior Admin (4-5 Months).
  • TF2: skial.com moderator (but this was way back in like 2014 and I cant remember how long I had it for.)
3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:
Hopefully the community would be as welcoming as it has ever been. I'm sure if I was made Admin, we'd be able to get along well and work together effectively. I have yet to meet many admins, and I hope by becoming Admin I would be able to bond better with all of you, heck that's what the internet's for. I'd also like to think me becoming an admin would be able to alleviate the massive amounts of work it is to deal with rule breakers and minges that just keep coming in hordes to jailbreak servers.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
As an active player, I would be able to stop rule breakers when they commit offences (especially on jailbreak, it never ends), and hopefully the presence of an admin would be enough to stop these rule breakers without having to resort to punishments. I would also in this capacity be able to bring a friendly and welcoming attitude as an admin (which I'm sure this server has already done with its staff), however I have seen many servers where admins either abused or were extremely biased in their judgement, and I hope to show the members of this community that we are not like them.

As I normally only play one of the Jailbreak servers, I'd be able to provide complete coverage over this server from when I am online (not trying to take a remark about admins, but I do rarely see them online when I'm on, which is understandable as some of you may use different timezones), so therefore I would be able to administrate during this period, where I have come across multiple rule breakers who get out of punishment.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
  • Wonderland | Jailbreak 7.0: (88.198.44.117:27022) I play from around 5pm to around 10ish.
  • Wonderland UK | Jailbreak - Custom: (185.38.149.225:27019, but I rarely play this one)
6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
None, but from the looks of it, it doesn't seem too hard to learn. However, I am used to other ways of administrating i.e Ulx.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
I've attempted (albeit futile) to prevent freekillers, spammers and other rule breakers by reporting them. But other than that, there's not much else I can do except give them a stern shouting at, and we all know that it does nothing except make me look like a right knob head. I've talked to a few members of the community and made friends with them, and I feel like I can do more. So although I may not have contacts with the big cheeses of the server, I hope I will be able to once becoming admin and be able to support the community much more effectively.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
My time with other servers has given me experience in administrating that could be useful to all of us, most importantly being able to not be a brash and overzealous admin. Being 18, I know by now the difference between right and wrong, and therefore you can expect me to be a mature admin who is willing to work to help the server and keep order in these servers. I have learnt through my experience the ins and outs of how to work best not only with the community, but with your fellow admins as well; I believe myself to be good at working in a team and can use my knowledge to aid others, and take in advice and help from other members of the community.

9. Anything else you want to tell us?:
From reading some of the denied applications I have seen that you guys keep chatlogs, which is great. Although, I cannot remember for the life of me what I have said prior to making this application (I think I might have made minor quips about somethings but nothing that serious), so if you need to speak to me about anything, I'm all ears. I would also be able to be a little bit more active on Mondays and Tuesdays, as I do not have college, however this will change once I leave college and my part time job.

Eight

★ VIP ★
As Skial is another very popular TF2 community, is there anyway you could provide proof of being staff there (such as a current staff there who could vouch for you)?

As Skial is another very popular TF2 community, is there anyway you could provide proof of being staff there (such as a current staff there who could vouch for you)?
I'm rather sure I had a screenshot somewhere with me and other admins on teamspeak. I can recall an admin I was around a lot called Mathias but as I said, it was a long time ago and I have switched PC, however I'll look into it and get back to you if I find it.

Xypher

Owner
Owner ★★★
seems to be a bug with data, you passed the server connection time requirement

Walnuts

Head NutCracker Commander ★Very Important Nut★
Admin ★
-1 to Neutral

Your hours in-game is the main reason for my vote, but we are in need of more staff members, I am willing to reconsider my vote later if I am persuaded that dispite the time you have been playing tf2 you can provide quality work.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 09.41.15.png
^ These hours are the combined amount of hours that you have been playing a class.
Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 10.24.19.png
^ one of the first things you say on wonderland.tf
Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 10.26.56.png
^ disguising a racial slur
EDIT: It seems that this may be a player's name.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 10.27.37.png
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:
Normally, I would be able to be on from around 3:30pm to 10:30pm (GMT) during the week, bearing in mind I have some assignments each week and this may differ every now and again. Weekends are not good days for me, as I'm either working, or I'm doing airsoft.
You say here that you will be on for 7 hours during the weekdays and none during the weekends. This is fine because weekdays take up around 71% of the week.
Though you also say these times may vary due to different assignments, seeing that your time is only 7 hours going any further down is way to low for me.

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:
I have had had multiple positions on multiple servers (Mostly Gmod but they use the ulx system):

• Gmod: WW2 Deputy Server Manager (8 Months), Star Wars RP Super Admin (6 Months), DarkRP VipAdmin (Over a year) TTT Senior Admin (4-5 Months).
  • TF2: skial.com moderator (but this was way back in like 2014 and I cant remember how long I had it for.)
This would be good if you really did these things, i'm not too sure on the legitimacy of you being a skial.com moderator. If you are able to provide proof of this it would help your side.
The main reason for my doubt is your hours, as of now you have 342.21 hours. These hours are different from the hours that you see on your steam page, these hours are the combined time that you have been playing a class. If this was so long that you don't remember how long ago you have been there, it would not be irrational to think that you would have a very low count in hours, maybe down to 100. If that was so, its hard to think that they would allow someone with that many hours to moderate.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:
Hopefully the community would be as welcoming as it has ever been. I'm sure if I was made Admin, we'd be able to get along well and work together effectively. I have yet to meet many admins, and I hope by becoming Admin I would be able to bond better with all of you, heck that's what the internet's for. I'd also like to think me becoming an admin would be able to alleviate the massive amounts of work it is to deal with rule breakers and minges that just keep coming in hordes to jailbreak servers.
If you become apart of staff I hope that you keep this motive.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
As an active player, I would be able to stop rule breakers when they commit offences (especially on jailbreak, it never ends), and hopefully the presence of an admin would be enough to stop these rule breakers without having to resort to punishments. I would also in this capacity be able to bring a friendly and welcoming attitude as an admin (which I'm sure this server has already done with its staff), however I have seen many servers where admins either abused or were extremely biased in their judgement, and I hope to show the members of this community that we are not like them.

As I normally only play one of the Jailbreak servers, I'd be able to provide complete coverage over this server from when I am online (not trying to take a remark about admins, but I do rarely see them online when I'm on, which is understandable as some of you may use different timezones), so therefore I would be able to administrate during this period, where I have come across multiple rule breakers who get out of punishment.
Many of the problems that arise about admins being bais are because of their perspective. They are unable to see the whole picture due to the fact that they were never given all of the information. Drawing conclusions out of fragments.
You say you will provide complete coverage on one server, we have many reports from users everyday, there are not enough admins to stay on one server. You will need to hop from server to server, sometimes even not going on your favourite server in a long time.
As mentioned in the next question
Wonderland UK | Jailbreak - Custom: (185.38.149.225:27019)
This was my favourite server, This was the server that I always went too, but due to the vast amount of reports we get I have not been there in some time.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
  • Wonderland | Jailbreak 7.0: (88.198.44.117:27022) I play from around 5pm to around 10ish.
  • Wonderland UK | Jailbreak - Custom: (185.38.149.225:27019, but I rarely play this one)
This is not a bad thing starting off with two servers, that is the amount that I started with, but when you are only limited to so many, your arrival to other servers will be brand new. This process is not hard or time-consuming, but it is there.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
None, but from the looks of it, it doesn't seem too hard to learn. However, I am used to other ways of administrating i.e Ulx.
SourceMod is very easy to learn, you should have no problems transferring from Ulx to SourceMod.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
I've attempted (albeit futile) to prevent freekillers, spammers and other rule breakers by reporting them. But other than that, there's not much else I can do except give them a stern shouting at, and we all know that it does nothing except make me look like a right knob head. I've talked to a few members of the community and made friends with them, and I feel like I can do more. So although I may not have contacts with the big cheeses of the server, I hope I will be able to once becoming admin and be able to support the community much more effectively.
Giving rule breakers "a stern shouting at" is not something we encourage, we would much rather have you record it and post it in the forums, so they can receive a more effective punishment.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
My time with other servers has given me experience in administrating that could be useful to all of us, most importantly being able to not be a brash and overzealous admin. Being 18, I know by now the difference between right and wrong, and therefore you can expect me to be a mature admin who is willing to work to help the server and keep order in these servers. I have learnt through my experience the ins and outs of how to work best not only with the community, but with your fellow admins as well; I believe myself to be good at working in a team and can use my knowledge to aid others, and take in advice and help from other members of the community.
Your past administration is still on the ropes, your age does not determine if you understood something to be right or wrong, but it does help.

9. Anything else you want to tell us?:
From reading some of the denied applications I have seen that you guys keep chatlogs, which is great. Although, I cannot remember for the life of me what I have said prior to making this application (I think I might have made minor quips about somethings but nothing that serious), so if you need to speak to me about anything, I'm all ears. I would also be able to be a little bit more active on Mondays and Tuesdays, as I do not have college, however this will change once I leave college and my part time job.
As far as your logs go, one of the first things you decide to say is a racial slur. There is also an account of you trying to hide what you have said giving a different version of a racial slur.
EDIT: This was mentioned in the edit above.

Last edited:

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Super-Admin ★
@Walnuts I'm positive that we've had someone call themselves "nigward" in the past so it's probably a player name. That doesn't excuse the other usage of a racial slur or disrespect though.

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Since the use of the racial slur was almost an entire year ago, I can look pasted it. Neutral leaning to a small +1

Edit: I read the dates wrong and since the racial slur was from November 1st, I am changing my vote to -1

Last edited:
The language I used is inexcusable and I have no idea why I even said it. Please deny this app and I'll reapply after sometime.

Madi

Head-Admin
Head-Admin ★★
Application declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.