Declined flowers' 1st Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

delphinaris

• No VAC/Game ban(s) on record - ✓ None
  • Clean SteamREP - ✓ Neutral (https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198003459393)
  • No active bans on the community. - ✓ None present
  • At least 13+ years old (15-18 and over preferred)- ✓ Yes
    • What is your birthdate? - Jan 5, 2006
  • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 500+ hours.- ✓ Yes
    • How many hours? - At the application time - ✓ 1355 hours
  • No limited/F2P Steam account. - ✓ Level 43
  • Have a server connection time of more than: 48+ hours. - ✓ Yes - 15 years old
  • No private Steam profile. - ✓ Profile open
  • You must have sufficient discord/forum activity. (Forum account for at least one week, along with 5+ posts.) - ✓ Yes (6 forum posts)
  • If you are missing any requirements, please explain why: I am not missing any requirements
Personal Info:
  1. Your Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/delphinaris/

2. Your Discord Handle: flowers#9417

3. Where are you from? (Timezone/Country): GMT+3 (Moscow Standard Time), Russia

4. Do you have a working microphone?: ✓ Yes and I use it frequently.

5. When are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?: Between 12:40 and 23:00 every day except Saturday and Sunday - then I mostly am available all day.

6. Which Wonderland.tf server(s) do you usually play on and what time?: trade_plaza2 or whatever other server my friends go to. Play time varies inbetween 12:40 and 23:00 each day except for Saturday and Sunday - then I am mostly available to join all day. But for now it really depends on whether my friends want to play or not.

7. Have you ever held an administrator/moderator position for another community?: ✓ Yes, I have held two.
    • If so, what position did you hold, what were your duties, and for how long?: I held an administrator role on two Counter-Strike: Source Jailbreak servers - on one for half a year, on another for 2 years. My duties were to take care of the player reports and (obviously) observe the game process to make sure the players follow the rules and don't make pointless catfights, and last but not least - keep an eye out for cheaters. Had a fair share of them.
    • Do you have experience using SourceMod?: ✓ Yes, I have an intermediate experience level with SourceMod.
  8. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server/Forum/Discord Moderator will affect the community?: I want to be a valuable person in the community or at least among the staff and I am ready to make effort towards it. Since Wonderland is huge, it's hard to say that I will make a great impact on the community, but I will try my best to play my part in improving with a bigger efficiency than a regular player. I believe that my acceptance as a moderator will improve the community to be a better place.

9. What have you done to improve WonderLand so far, and what do you plan to do further as staff?: So far I was making reports to staff about cheaters, toxic players and prohibited playstyles, which had proven to be quite efficient. Of course, there were cases where an admin couldn't respond, be it a discord report or a !calladmin report, and this is another reason I want to be staff. I am looking forward to becoming staff to be able to keep the Wonderland peaceful better than I already am, to make a bigger effort.

10. Why should we accept you into the team?: I will not entitle myself to names on my own to not sound spoiled or egocentric, so instead I am going to refer to a friend from staff. They said that, judging by my reports, all of which have a valid reasoning and a place to be, I'd make a good staff member; that I'm being smarter and wiser than a portion of other people. Besides this, referring to the answer to question 9, I'd be really happy to be able to help Wonderland servers at a bigger magnitude than I am doing right now.

11. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?: Oh well.

Howdy, my name is Kai Astro, I mostly go by the alias of "flowers". I'm an unorthodox russian boy, meaning I don't undergo the average "angry csgo player" stereotype. I try my very best to be kind to others because this is how I've been taught to be. Of course, it sometimes happens that I fail to keep my chill - we all have our limits and I am no exception to it, heh. Apologies for this, I am still improving.

I know that thorough investigation on my past activity will be performed, and I acknowledge the fact that I have some stains. My best explanation for this is that it's fairly timed and that I am improving my temper to take things easier, to be more lighthearted.

They say that the first time is never successful, and if this saying will also take place in this application, then I am looking forward to improving in whatever it is I am not good enough at and achieving whatever I lack. The path to greatness is walked one step at a time!

Kyo

メンバー
Moderator ★
Hello flowers, after reading some answers on applications, you have a fine written on it. Now I want to ask some questions before I give my verdict.
If so, what position did you hold, what were your duties, and for how long?: I held an administrator role on two Counter-Strike: Source Jailbreak servers - on one for half a year, on another for 2 years. My duties were to take care of the player reports and (obviously) observe the game process to make sure the players follow the rules and don't make pointless catfights, and last but not least - keep an eye out for cheaters. Had a fair share of them.
Do you remember what community you have held as an administrator?

Would you mind explain this?
1613835293824.png
It's not a big deal as you only said that 7 times, but I want to know why you used it.

Last edited:

delphinaris

Hello flowers, after reading some answers on applications, you have a fine written on it. Now I want to ask some questions before I give my verdict.
Do you remember what community you have held as an administrator?

Mind explain this?
View attachment 11409
It's not a big deal as you only said that 7 times, but I want to know why you used it.
A1: The communities were russian, one of them is disassembled already and the second one is In-Teri.

A2: It is a stupid copypasta that one of my friends made, I have it on a bind. One of these seven times I accidentially sent it because my killbind key is so close to these binds, other times sent as a joke. (now unbound)

lolnutt

The lolussmaximus a rare breed of.....
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Hello, thank you for taking the time to apply. I would like an explination behind these logs.
i belive this was a spelling mistake but could i get a bit of back story about this pleaseflowerschatlogs2.png
flowerschatlogs.PNG
flowerschatlogs1.PNG
this should be all for now

delphinaris

Hello, thank you for taking the time to apply. I would like an explination behind these logs.
i belive this was a spelling mistake but could i get a bit of back story about this pleaseView attachment 11410
this should be all for now
A1: I honestly don't even remember this, can I get a bit wider of a chat log? I just don't remember typing this.
A2: It's a joke about W and this is a bind that I have. Sometimes send it out of boredom
A3: This was mainly replying to sky's (steam name eversince) messages of similar character but in a less positive tone

lolnutt

Admin ★
★ VIP ★
1613838013990.png
A1: I honestly don't even remember this, can I get a bit wider of a chat log? I just don't remember typing this.
was sent on the 25th December so a while ago.

delphinaris

Apologies for this, but I can't get myself to remember why or when exactly I sent it. Maybe it was something affiliated with other people's messages, like a sort of a reply, but I literally don't remember writing this.
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE: It was probably a misspelling of "king" - me referring to a player named GLKxng. Still, I don't quite remember, but this is the most likely case.

Last edited:

lolnutt

Admin ★
★ VIP ★
okay after your responces to both mine and @Kyo questions, i am Neutral leaning towards +1. My main concern is that most of the reports that we as staff take are related to jailbreak. How familiar with the jailbreak rules and if you aren't, are you willing to put some time in to learn them?

delphinaris

okay after your responces to both mine and @Kyo questions, i am Neutral leaning towards +1. My main concern is that most of the reports that we as staff take are related to jailbreak. How familiar with the jailbreak rules and if you aren't, are you willing to put some time in to learn them?
Well since I have 2.5 years of experience on CSS Jailbreak servers, I doubt it will be too hard for me to remember all the Wonderland JB rules. I won't lie though, so far I didn't have any experinece with actually playing on WLN JB. I am willing to put in effort towards learning them.

kek.exe

Commander in stupid
Admin ★
+1 Changed to -1

Last edited:

Kyo

メンバー
Moderator ★
After reading some response from @lolnutt
I have decided to support you. You don't have any punishments on history which that's good. For chat logs, It's not a big deal (refer to lolnutt's question about 1st image) as people might mistaken or not finish typing. For servers, I don't really think learning jailbreak is Important as we had accepted an applicant who doesn't play jailbreak but willing to learn. And again, I'm willing to support you, as long as nothing bad happens and avoided those chat spam binds.

Good luck!

+1
(Any edit messages will be made in this color)
Due to the logs that is provided by @Muffin, I have decided to changed my vote.

Neutral
leaning to -1

Last edited:

=WL= Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Since I don't personally know you, I'll be basing my vote solely on your application and what other staff have said. +1

Edit: due to new information I'm changing my vote to -1

Last edited:

Muffin

Admin ★
To start things off, I'd like to go on your logs. Your logs contain a number of NSFW chat and toxicity.

First are the logs that concern me the most is toxicity. You seem to be unable to handle these situations calmly without resulting in unnecessary arguments.
1613880031147.png1613880017269.png1613879961103.png1613879923873.png1613880070309.png

Secondly is the NSFW chats you tend to send which in your case is also someone toxic, here are some examples but not all.
1613879847950.png1613879887937.png

Lastly is the log of you binding a quote from someone which inherently isn't that bad but you tend to do this somewhat often and I personally see it as immature.
1613879812916.png

All in all, your logs can be better and I do think that your app was finely written just that the points I listed above could be improved.

Last edited:

Cassy™️

Brainrot
Moderator ★
★ VIP ★
While multiple others have shown their support towards you. I will have to disagree with them. Your logs have shown a volatile nature. They are something I do not expect from an applicant. I do believe you are a promising candidate from what I've seen. However this application isn't it for me. I would like to see you work on @Muffin's notes and tone down the explicit language on the servers. My vote is -1.

Last edited:

delphinaris

Thanks to everyone for taking your time to review my applicaiton. I knew that my past activity and recent chat logs would be my main problem here. Before I wasn't really considering Wonderland to be a community that I will stay on, so I wasn't really caring of what I was saying. I've stepped away from being toxic, because hell I don't like being like that. I am working towards being a better person, which does prove to be hard at times. I will take time to improve my way of chatting, e.g. stopping with the bind spam and NSFW. Again, thanks everyone.

kek.exe

Commander in stupid
Admin ★
Now I have something that I would like to comment on and it doesn't have to do with you in general.
I don't really like to see an applicant try and play jailbreak and bring themselves out of their comfort zones I would rather they moderate a server that they enjoy and like. You don't have to push yourself to play jailbreak I would rather prefer someone who would moderate a server that they are comfortable with. While it is true that we do get a lot of reports I do not want an applicant to go out of their way to play jailbreak especially if they don't like it just so that they staff in the future. What I am not saying is that you shouldn't play jailbreak but what I'm trying to say here is that you don't have to bend backward to become a JB Staff. I would encourage people to go visit our jb servers but don't force yourself to play it just because you want to become staff. Just work on the points in this application and I think you will do fine.

Here's a summary of my point: Don't try and force yourself to learn a game mode because you want to become staff. We care about people and don't want any burnouts

If you want to learn jailbreak go ahead nothing stopping you, I just don't want applicants to force themselves to learn it in order to become staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.