Declined FluxyLynx's CS Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight

Restless
Super-Admin ★
Joined
Jul 15, 2017
Messages
1,958
Likes
415
Points
118
#21
Forgot to finish a response for my second point, so here:

I'm saying this because you seem to be specifically blaming Legacy for doing bad actions that caused him a ban, whilst it seems to be it was more of a collective group ban, not individual bans for individual behavior.
 

Sanxis

Symmetra rework will fail
Admin ★
Joined
Aug 14, 2017
Messages
246
Likes
43
Points
63
#22
I think you might need to 'wear glasses'*

The quote 'Honestly the more you write the more I think you arent suited for these kind of positions.' from you makes it seem as you defend them. Also I wasn't trying to report either of them, I was proving an earlier point. I would have reported them for that earlier but PB and WLN had been involved in drama before when the old staff were there.

Please give one situation where I was 'toxic' on WLN at any point time, at least one.

Whatever happened in PB is long gone, the community doesn't exist as well as it's people who have split up. I don't understand why you bring it up all of the time, PBF was a mess and it ended - others can confirm.

You are using ONE piece of old proof against me because you can't find any recent one to back up your statement and the truth is you won't find anything new against me because like I said millions of times, I am trying to HELP wln and not to corrupt it.
It is indeed you who should wear them. Read the posts again , I said what Demon posted was proved you of being toxic! These “old” evidences as you say still shows the truth. You just tried to make Eight and Xan look bad. You've claimed Demon was a liar. And I still remember the drama you have caused on your last application. You havent been improved at all.
 
Last edited:

FluxyLynx

★ VIP ★
Joined
Jul 20, 2017
Messages
25
Likes
2
Points
13
#23
Could you elaborate on how it is false?


As you were directly involved in the PB/DH split and I wasn't, I won't speak saying this is completely correct, but it seems like all of the higher-ups at DH were banned from PB anyway, not for any specific reason to each person just collectively they were running DH and you guys disliked them & their policies, perhaps you can elaborate though. I'm saying this in response though beca


It's probably because you've had a history of having streaks of time of you being good & well that lead into bad situations, drama, etc. in my eyes. To elaborate on what I mean, take PB for instance: You'd be in a good standing with the community for a while many times, doing your job at whatever rank you were at, then something would happen. I can't blame anyone and even myself to an extent for being hesitant of you now just because you've maintained good behavior here for a while (least excluding your previous application, I think what happened on that is more debatable if it reflects well on you and I think you'd agree given you had it deleted).

However I can't deny PB was a shitshow anyway, as R4 said most of the staff were horrible, so perhaps that had an impact on everything that happened, however as I said on your last application you're in control of your own actions, so I think that the stuff you did at PB is, least in part reflective of you.


I do admit that I have trolled on PBFortress in the past which I do not support doing nor do I find acceptable anymore, however if I were to be honest I don't see how this is entirely applicable to this application. It seems more like you're posting this as a jab at us back and to provoke a response, however that may just be me. Nonetheless it isn't really to my liking nor do I think it gives the best impression on you to use this as a "comeback" to the criticism you've been served for causing drama.

If you're trying to make the point our behavior has improved and so we should consider yours has to, well referring back to what I said before your behavior has seemingly improved many times and then you've gone and got into drama/caused arguments, etc., and I'd also consider this notorious behavior over a longer period time than what I've done, therefore more signifying it's a regular characteristic of you rather than a one-off thing. So, I can't as easily accept you've improved as others. That isn't to say I am not open to it, and I am not considering the possibility you have, but I am not fully confident with it.

Anyway, my other reasoning is that I don't see a need for more CS staff. If there's not enough activity for you to meet the server playtime requirement, then there is not enough activity on the servers for more admins to be needed. Given this and the what I've previously mentioned, I'm going with a -1
>> "As you were directly involved in the PB/DH split and I wasn't, I won't speak saying this is completely correct, but it seems like all of the higher-ups at DH were banned from PB anyway, not for any specific reason to each person just collectively they were running DH and you guys disliked them & their policies, perhaps you can elaborate though. I'm saying this in response though beca"

The split has happened due to something that has went over discord between PB and DH. I wasn't present at that meeting, I was informed of it by PB himself the day after. They were trying to advertise DH on the PB forums after myself and PB told them not to so those whoever advertised and trolled including LEGACY got banned. I was then promoted to Director by PB and Sierra (new owner) for staying loyal to the community and helping them out and also the fact that I knew the ins and outs. From there, they came onto our forums and servers to troll etc.. obviously they made up some back story to make us seem as the bad people for banning them without justified reasoning..

>> "However I can't deny PB was a shitshow anyway, as R4 said most of the staff were horrible, so perhaps that had an impact on everything that happened, however as I said on your last application you're in control of your own actions, so I think that the stuff you did at PB is, least in part reflective of you."

I don't know why you guys portray the last application as drama, I was simply trying to defend myself and respond to peoples concerns. I did not want to make it look like I was being 'toxic' even though I had no intentions to and I don't believe I was at the time.. You guys take my stuff way to seriously but this is genuinely how I type.. I care about WLN like I have cared about PB back in the day as well because I saw the potential

>> "Anyway, my other reasoning is that I don't see a need for more CS staff. If there's not enough activity for you to meet the server playtime requirement, then there is not enough activity on the servers for more admins to be needed. Given this and the what I've previously mentioned, I'm going with a -1"

You need at least a few CS:GO staff members because the servers aren't going to populate themselves. You need at least someone who is willing to put in the effort to at least get things moving. I mostly play on the FFA server to warmup before I play faceit with friends and I love the server. I have made suggestions as to how it can be improved as well. For instance, xypher had the mp_timelimit cvar set at 2 mins when it should have been at 60 minutes in order for it to be a proper ffa server. Once randoms see few players on the server they would be curious as to what's going on there and they will want to check it out. Eventually, they become regulars and then more and more people join.
 

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Joined
Sep 7, 2017
Messages
277
Likes
81
Points
63
#24
I do not know you nor have I ever been a part of PB so I am a completely neutral party looking at this. Here goes nothing:

First of all, you don't meet the required hours and CS is not a big priority right now. Secondly, claiming that you're "defending" yourself by trying to slander current staff members shows your level of immaturity, pettiness and willingness to throw anyone under the bus to get staff powers. Was what they did wrong? Absolutely but this is not the time nor the place to bring this up. The fact that you posted them on your application in response to their comments hints to me that you kept them to yourself solely for the purpose of attempting to blackmail them into changing their votes or to create tension between staff. I have heard about all of the drama surrounding you but again, I wasn't a part of PB and I don't know who you are so I can't weigh in on it being right, wrong, or indifferent. At the end of the day, the way that you are replying to negative criticism (which to me seems well founded based on your responses) shows to me that you are in no way mature or trustworthy enough to be a part of our staff team.

NO
 

FluxyLynx

★ VIP ★
Joined
Jul 20, 2017
Messages
25
Likes
2
Points
13
#25
I do not know you nor have I ever been a part of PB so I am a completely neutral party looking at this. Here goes nothing:

First of all, you don't meet the required hours and CS is not a big priority right now. Secondly, claiming that you're "defending" yourself by trying to slander current staff members shows your level of immaturity, pettiness and willingness to throw anyone under the bus to get staff powers. Was what they did wrong? Absolutely but this is not the time nor the place to bring this up. The fact that you posted them on your application in response to their comments hints to me that you kept them to yourself solely for the purpose of attempting to blackmail them into changing their votes or to create tension between staff. I have heard about all of the drama surrounding you but again, I wasn't a part of PB and I don't know who you are so I can't weigh in on it being right, wrong, or indifferent. At the end of the day, the way that you are replying to negative criticism (which to me seems well founded based on your responses) shows to me that you are in no way mature or trustworthy enough to be a part of our staff team.

NO
I've acquired the old recordings from the old reports on the old PB forums which can be found here: http://pbfortress.com/forum2/index.php
 

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
Joined
Sep 7, 2017
Messages
277
Likes
81
Points
63
#26
But the point I am making is you didn't bring them up to @Madi at any point which means you either didn't really care which would make them irrelevant or you wanted them for personal use such as it appears here. Either way, this is not the time nor the place to bring them up.
 

Mom

Dumb Ass
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
328
Likes
94
Points
63
#27
An extension on my rating of 'no' from earlier; I don't find the way you've handled yourself in this application reply section to be the sort of standard I would personally want to be around. The way this has fallen apart has likely lead me to believe a future application woudl result in me giving the same response unless there were significant changes.
 

FluxyLynx

★ VIP ★
Joined
Jul 20, 2017
Messages
25
Likes
2
Points
13
#28
But the point I am making is you didn't bring them up to @Madi at any point which means you either didn't really care which would make them irrelevant or you wanted them for personal use such as it appears here. Either way, this is not the time nor the place to bring them up.
Also I wasn't trying to report either of them, I was proving an earlier point. I would have reported them for that earlier but PB and WLN had been involved in drama before when the old staff were there.
 

Eight

Restless
Super-Admin ★
Joined
Jul 15, 2017
Messages
1,958
Likes
415
Points
118
#29
>> "However I can't deny PB was a shitshow anyway, as R4 said most of the staff were horrible, so perhaps that had an impact on everything that happened, however as I said on your last application you're in control of your own actions, so I think that the stuff you did at PB is, least in part reflective of you."

I don't know why you guys portray the last application as drama, I was simply trying to defend myself and respond to peoples concerns. I did not want to make it look like I was being 'toxic' even though I had no intentions to and I don't believe I was at the time.. You guys take my stuff way to seriously but this is genuinely how I type.. I care about WLN like I have cared about PB back in the day as well because I saw the potential
Well in that specific statement I was just saying that you are the only person responsible for your actions as with anyone, therefore I believe that you are to blame, least in part, for any actions at PB, even if it was a place filled with drama in the first place. As for "how you type," I think the staff's issue with it is it comes off as rather aggressive, and given your past behavior/history, it doesn't help your case at all. I think you could go about defending yourself & portraying yourself as better suited in this regard by changing this aggressive tone that seemingly is in a lot of these responses of yours on the application, least in my POV.

>> "Anyway, my other reasoning is that I don't see a need for more CS staff. If there's not enough activity for you to meet the server playtime requirement, then there is not enough activity on the servers for more admins to be needed. Given this and the what I've previously mentioned, I'm going with a -1"

You need at least a few CS:GO staff members because the servers aren't going to populate themselves. You need at least someone who is willing to put in the effort to at least get things moving. I mostly play on the FFA server to warmup before I play faceit with friends and I love the server. I have made suggestions as to how it can be improved as well. For instance, xypher had the mp_timelimit cvar set at 2 mins when it should have been at 60 minutes in order for it to be a proper ffa server. Once randoms see few players on the server they would be curious as to what's going on there and they will want to check it out. Eventually, they become regulars and then more and more people join.
Well we do already have various staff that preside over CS:GO. You can still help out the server by regularly playing on it + recommending friends, I don't see how you need staff powers to help out the servers in that way nor an actual need for more CS staff given who we have now.
 

Mattaroni

Unaware He Will Place 65th
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
Joined
Jul 15, 2017
Messages
112
Likes
53
Points
38
#30
Your history speaks for itself, and I really do want to believe that you're going to change, but your replies in this thread still have an underlying, familiar theme.
Disregarding everyone's replies on this thread (to make for an unbiased viewpoint from the application and your persona alone) and your extensive history for the moment, and despite the fact that it's not my place to determine what staff we do or do not need on our team, I don't believe that we need CS:GO staff right now.

I'm gonna stick with an extremely weak neutral, only because I believe in a better person in a lot of people, and you aren't any different. I'd rather not let drama between other communities influence my views on an application, but this seems to be a very special case for you, since it's on a bigger scale than usual. Do I think you have the potential to be a good staff member? Absolutely, but with this comes more factors than just "having power". You can be the nicest person in the world, and still have no idea how to use your powers correctly or without being abusive. In your case, it may be reversed; you have not come off as the best individual that we could possibly have in the community, but that doesn't mean you don't know what you're doing.

Good luck
 

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
Admin ★
Joined
Dec 31, 2017
Messages
134
Likes
31
Points
38
#31
I'm going to go with a -1 for two main reasons
1. This is a point that has been brought up with many other staff members, to which I agree with. CS:GO Staff isn't necessarily needed right now. However, this isn't the biggest issue.
2. The way you handled your app. I thought the actual application was well written and had effort put into it. However, after coming under questioning, I felt as if you stopped trying to become a staff member and you started to become extremely defensive. I don't necessarily believe that becoming defensive is a bad thing, however, after being shown examples of past poor behavior, (Which I am willing to let slide) you showed videos and examples of current staff showing poor behavior. This is the attitude that worries me. I am worried that your behavior and interactions with other staff members and players will be rather negative. I also have not met you on the discord (and servers, but since I don't play CS:GO, that is to be expected) so I am unaware of how you actually behavior. Therefore, this is the only impression that has been given to me. I certainly don't condone the actions of the other staff members, but putting that in an application rather than talking to @Madi about it is what really pushed me to a no vote on this app.

I'd also like to add a few side notes.
1. I have no knowledge of PBF and the staff situation that occured there. That being said, I have nothing against the former PB staff nor the server itself
2. As Eight previously stated, you do not need to become a staff member to help out. Inviting friends and others benefits the servers, not to mention that you have already added suggestions and donated.
*3.This one is pretty important, as it is clarification. As you have stated, this is not you reporting the staff members, but trying to prove a point. I understand this, however, it does not change the fact that you included these videos and screenshots into your application. As raspootis said, this is not the time nor place.

And if you were able to help clarify a few things for me, I have a few questions. These are not meant to disrespect you in anyway, just to help me understand a few more things.

Also I wasn't trying to report either of them, I was proving an earlier point. I would have reported them for that earlier but PB and WLN had been involved in drama before when the old staff were there.
1. What exactly was the point you were trying to prove?

I've acquired the old recordings from the old reports on the old PB forums which can be found here: http://pbfortress.com/forum2/index.php
2. When was the date of the videos that were taken? It also appears that I am unable to open the link above.
 

Madi

Head-Admin
Head-Admin ★★
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
565
Likes
83
Points
63
#32
Application declined.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top