Pending Frank's Staff Application 3

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Frank, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Frank

Frank Member ★

Requirements:
    No VAC ban(s) on record | Info [ ✔ ]
    Clean [+]SteamREP | Info [ ✔ ]
    No registered bans on the community. (Depends on severity) | Info [ ✔ ]
    Member in our steam group | Info [ ✔ ]
    At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [ ✔ ]
    Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours [ ✔ ]
    Server connection time: 36+ hours [ ✔ ]
    Team player with great communication skills (English) [ ✔ ]
    No limited steam account. | Info [ ✔ ]
    Forum Activity (at least +10 forum posts)

* = indispensable requirement

Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy): 20 (31/07/97)
    Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Frank_The_Dank/
    Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
    How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): 9
    Will you be able to help donate monthly?: Yes

Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

My time zone is in CST so the listed days will have times in which I'll be available

Monday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm / 9:00 pm to 2:00 am
    Tuesday: 8:00 am to 11:00 pm
    Wednesday: Available all day.
    Thursday: 8:00 am to 11:00 pm
    Friday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm / 9:00 pm to 2:00 am
    Saturday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm / 9:00 pm to 2:00 am
    Sunday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm / 9:00 pm to 2:00 am

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:

I used to be a staff member on PBFortress for around 4 years. I was an Admin for somewhere around 2 years, and after a lot of hard work, was promoted to Manager, and I kept that position for 2 more years, before the community fell apart, and I resigned, due to lack of playerbase and server availability.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:

I believe my acceptance as a staff member will have an extremely positive effect, since I tend to always be on the lookout for anyone requesting help, as back in PBFortress we used to have a command to call staff to servers, and any time there was a request for an admin, I would show up and deal with the situations (if any)

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:

I would improve the community and servers by being extremely active, being friendly towards players, and making sure everyone is having fun at all times when they play or show up on our servers. I would also invite friends over to the servers so they can also have a great time on Wonderland.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:

I usually play on LA Jailbreak late at night when I get off work, Otherwise i’m on NY Jailbreak or any of the other servers during the day. I can however work around on any of the Wonderland servers if any need help. More recently, however, I’ve been checking out the slender and trade servers. I usually play past 8 pm CST which is when I’m done working. I work on Fridays through Mondays but I’m usually online basically whenever I’m not working.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:

Yes, I’ve administrated using SourceMod for a pretty long time, I know all of the commands for it. SourceMod is one of the few things I completely mastered in my time when i was staff. It's a pretty neat plugin to deal with people and also to bring a little fun to the servers.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:

I help out newer players understand the basics of jailbreak when I'm playing. I send in and make reports against rule breakers. I also give out tips and tricks when playing warden on jailbreak. I also use the !calladmin function or go to discord to reach out for some help for the servers when it’s in panic.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:

I'm gonna be honest, I love playing Wonderland Jailbreak. I enjoy chilling and messing around with staff and players. But there's almost always at least one person that joins and starts causing trouble, and that really hurts the servers population, people get angry and leave to go play different games, and I see this happen very often. I understand that staff can't play all day everyday, and i'm here to fill in any gaps that the other staff might leave. I want to become a staff member to help the community, and make Wonderland the best it can be. I want more people to join, so our family can grow even bigger. I hadn't been working hard enough previously, but I believe i've learned from my other apps, and grown as a person. I think Wonderland should accept me into the team for my experience and activity on servers.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:

I’m a pretty chill guy who likes to have fun. I play league of legends and Dota 2 on the daily. I’m also a frequent Rust player who jumps on it on the daily when i’m not playing Team fortress 2.

To be honest I believe that i’m a god of Jailbreak but it might just be me.

2. Shadow

Shadow Headset Freak Admin ★

Why didn't you wait one month until you could reapply?

upload_2018-6-8_12-24-4.png
    Your last declined application.

upload_2018-6-8_12-23-31.png
    This application.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Madi

Madi Head-Admin ★★

Because I allowed him to apply.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Sanxis

Sanxis Symmetra rework will fail Admin ★

Yet he didint even put the new requirements planned and discussed by us, implemented by you on his app and literally copy pasted his old one with some minor editings... This just proves that he only becomes active on the forums around the time when he is planning to apply or already applied. He isnt active on the forum , the app clearly shows his lazyness which even doesnt have a proper formatting , the answers are still short and not impressive. I dont need to continue.

5. Youtuberchris

Youtuberchris Admin ★

I fully and completely agree with Sanxis and I’m glad someone else thinks similar to this.

6. Frank

Frank Member ★

To be completely honest I didn't notice the change on the application when Madi posted it on the news discord two days. I didn't think there was anything really wrong with the previous app. I used it and added a bit more to some of the questions, I didn't know if that was really a problem since it wasn't mentioned. The formatting is a bit messed up since I copied it from a text document and I am active on forums, I check daily and read and browse around I try not to "spam posts" by commenting on things that aren't really relevant to things like I normally do. I also don't think the answers are short some are but they answer whats needed to be answered. I put work into my app they're all honest answers. Some people can go on and on about something but i'm not one of them sorry I added a bit on the other questions but some of them I don't see how to add more too.

7. Sanxis

Sanxis Symmetra rework will fail Admin ★

You claim to daily check the forum yet the Madi’s post was on the front page for 2 days . There is no way for someone to miss it unless that person isnt active on the forum. So I hardly believe you. Also I wouldnt consider 26 posts as active.

8. Frank

Frank Member ★

I check Forums daily, I even put something on the shoutbox on that day, If it was on the front page I didn't notice it, I normally look at the shoutbox then scroll and check the new posts tab on the right then go and check on rules to see if any of them are changed. My posts count is low because I don't typically try and "Spam posts" as what it was in normally other communities like posts "hi" or "I like this" or even forums games. I get most of posts from reports or suggestions if I see one that seems interesting.

9. Vriska

Vriska (vriska) Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

Neutral
    We've definitely given you a hard enough time about your past ability to find loopholes in rules/ your attitude in game and I have seen improvement. However I am inclined to agree with Sanxis, although I'm not particularly opposed to copy pasting applications with some editing, the lack of updated formatting and relatively short answers are not very promising. Best of luck.

Edit:
    After considering the app for a few days and playing in game with you a bit I would like to change my neutral to a +1. I don't think not noticing a change in the application is enough to make you ineligible for staff and as I already stated I don't mind copy paste apps as long as they aren't terrible. I think it is fair to give you a shot at staff.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018 at 10:31 PM
  10. Dovydas

Dovydas Admin ★

Personally I don't see why everyone made such a fuss about copying applications I mean nothing really is gonna change in 1 month appart from a few things, also theres no point in being active on the forums if the reports are on the servers themselves. I mean sure theres the unbans and reports but only sa can actually accept and deny them so even that serves no point (unless you ARE sa in that case yea you should me a bit active on the forums even then theres only about 1-2 reports unbans etc... per day). Ok he missed a few spaces of the template, SO WHAT? youre making it look like he missed something like half the application even then he still meets the requirements so who even cares? (I know some of you do but my point still stands). Bottom line is that I see no problem in copying applications and changing a few things since youre life isn't gonna change that dramatically in 1 month that you have to rewrite your application (not even 1 its like what? half a month?)not gonna change that drastically that he would need to redo the whole app again guys I think you need to chill a bit

+1
    from me. Try changing my mind

11. Xanerino

Xanerino Am I doing it right? Admin ★

I'm not opposed to giving you a chance

Yes

12. Mycin

Mycin survives off coffee and bagels Super-Admin ★

You've shown growth over your past applications, while your app is short I'm willing to give you a pass based on your in-game behavior. In the past, you were certainly more concerned with trolling players and trying to appear better than others. As of late, you'be become a staple of our LA JB server, as a player who is friendly to other, is happy to help out, and is polite and funny in his interactions.

Xan put it well, I'm willing to give you a chance. +1

13. Vriska

Vriska (vriska) Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice