• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Friendly Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

D o m

Oct 1, 2017
An old server group I used to play on had friendly mode, but they were forced to remove it after just about everyone who played discovered an exploit that would give a non-friendly player infinite uber, kritz, ect.
Bad idea.

D o m

Oct 1, 2017
Bad coding doesn't mean bad plugin idea, just as tf2 devs can't even code their sphageti game doesn't mean tf2 is bad.
You say this like coding is easy to do.
The exploit in the friendly plugin messes with how the plugin works, fixing this would require a rework.
EDIT: The exploit isn't even listed under known exploits/bugs and the plugin hasn't been touched since early 2016 so there's a little chance of this game breaking exploit being patched.

NightyMoon

Jul 23, 2018
You say this like coding is easy to do.
The exploit in the friendly plugin messes with how the plugin works, fixing this would require a rework.
EDIT: The exploit isn't even listed under known exploits/bugs and the plugin hasn't been touched since early 2016 so there's a little chance of this game breaking exploit being patched.

Didn't say coding is easy, but their game is sphageti coded and they are heavly understaffed.

As for the exploit and that the plugin was not touched since 2016, guess that's just another thing that broke over the years of updates, which means fixes are needed, consider this, if there was not enough demand for computer games, thy games would not be produced as the majority doesn't care about minority, now place self in the minority and feel being bashed for not being a normie having fun in different way, friendlies feel that way. Btw, we are not friendly but as someone in the minority club, we try to understand and defend other minorities rights. Unless thy response to this would be "there is no one who know how to do it" or "wonderland.tf is understaffed for such requests" we see no argument that would not be discriminating others way of having fun.

D o m

Oct 1, 2017
guess that's just another thing that broke over the years of updates,
Did you even read my post? This exploit comes from the plugin's own functionality.

now place self in the minority and feel being bashed for not being a normie having fun in different way, friendlies feel that way. Btw, we are not friendly but as someone in the minority club, we try to understand and defend other minorities rights.
I'm not going to stop you from defending the cause, but there are just some people who want to kill just to kill Whining about it isn't going to change since the core idea of team fortress is to kill.
"oh but just go play casual."
I'm one of these people who kills just to kill, I feel casual is too fast paced and you are constantly pushed to the objective. I just want to play in a more calm setting.[/QUOTE]

NightyMoon

Jul 23, 2018
Did you even read my post? This exploit comes from the plugin's own functionality.

I'm not going to stop you from defending the cause, but there are just some people who want to kill just to kill Whining about it isn't going to change since the core idea of team fortress is to kill.
"oh but just go play casual."
I'm one of these people who kills just to kill, I feel casual is too fast paced and you are constantly pushed to the objective. I just want to play in a more calm setting.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, did read, just didn't understand it the same way, so sayin the plugin by itself was always flawed and had that exploit built in ready to uncover?, well, if it was uncovered, that's easier to fix.

As for the killing aspect, we too play tf2 just to win but not breaking friendlies fun and when dancing on wonderland.tf zombie servers and being killed, will not insult or try to kick, will just change to demo and cut their head off as being confident in own skills. Speaking mostly for others as seeing many times some conga or kick passing by and being shred by survivors, we don't blame them, we just feel bad for the dancing ones.

=WL= Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 7, 2017
Right here
So you're saying you want to be friendly in a server that oneside can only win by killing other people? That's ineffect forcing the other team to not be able to complete the objective. Also, friendly mode has too many exploits. This all brings me back to 1 point that everyone makes: tf2 is a first person shooter and the point is to kill other players. Fragging friendlies is not against the rules for that very reason. -support

NightyMoon

Jul 23, 2018
Survivors would not have access to being friendly and as a zombie, turning friendly on would lock the user from switching it off untill match ends to prevent backstabs. We do not know the original full capabilities of friendly plugin but if it was made as described above + partial transparency and lack of hitbox it would be totaly harmless for the flow of the game, or atleast, for the zombie gamemode.

NightyMoon

Jul 23, 2018
Well, after writing in 4 lines worth of words then deleting it, think thou art right in terms if every zombie suddenly turned friendly, it would be pretty boring for survivors and unwinnable for zombies without survivors mistake/volunteer suicide (since they can't switch back). Still will feel bad for those who dance and get killed or get a headache that someone forced us to grab the caber by self but guess that's hard to beat this argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.