Declined Gagged for an innocent joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RulerOfTheFae

Forum Activist
Aug 26, 2017
Canada, Ontario
So I was playing on Minecraft_A7 and someone started and I quote "singing Uncle Dane's intro"

Rough replay of there conversation:
Vriska: Don't mic spam.
Person: I'm not mic spamming.
Vriska: You don't define what mic spamming is.
Person: Well, by that logic neither do you.
Me: Yeah, fuck you admins, you don't get to enforce the rules! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*Mycin has connected*
*Mycin gags me 1440 minutes (1 day)*
He ungags me so I assume it was vriska joking (as it doesn't say WHICH admin gagged)
*Mycins gags me for 2880 minutes (2 days)*
Was given no warning. Atleast the first time Mycin punished me for saying rude things it was reasonable.

Mycin

survives off coffee and bagels
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 27, 2017
Vermont
0iCfha5.png

Vriska and I happened to be in a discord call, when I came back from getting food she made me aware of your player disrespect, and that she had gagged you for a day (due to your numerous past comm punishments). I asked her to extend the ban to two days as you had been warned not more than 20 minutes before not to disrespect players, and you decided to disrespect staff, and argue with them. The fact that you believe it was a "joke" does not make it one, and does not make it disrespectful.

I'll leave the thread for another Super Admin to finish up.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I wasn't warned not to disrespect players though, and if I was, nobody specified they meant me.
For the entire hour before this if a staff said "Don't disrespect" that could mean just about anyone on the server so many people were insulting each other.
If we warn someone to not break a rule, even if we don't specifically address you or everyone, that warning does apply to you. You can't break the rules and expect us to warn you to stop each time you do it, given your previous offenses for disrespect you should be clearly aware to not break that rule at all. Given what you said however, while I may not go to the full lengths of saying that's disrespect, it's certainly objecting to staff and what not, and is unwelcome. Even if you meant it as a joke (which if it was, it was VERY poorly-timed), you should've known better.

R4

Forum Extremist
Jul 11, 2017
While It does seem like it might be a joke, that doesn't excuse violating the rules.
As others have noted you don't need to be warned for every individual violation of the rules constantly, your warnings don't reset after an hour.

Appeal Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.