Gags and Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently me and a few friends were on a orange server playing around. We were arguing about control points and stuff until an admin came on. We were doing fine for a while until two of my friends talked into the microphone. Then, the said admin warned them about mic-spamming. Everyone was confused on why they warned them about mic-spamming since they spoke clear English into the mic. No high pitched sounds, no ear rape, no speaker-busting music, just some words. They then started arguing about if it was mic-spam. I joined in since it was clear it wasn't mic-spam. Next, 1 of my friends got muted and 1 of them got banned. I also got gagged for 30 minutes. Another person who was complaining about the mutes and gags also got muted. People then asked why you aren't allowed to argue to the admin, and they said, "Oh, that's what the forums are for." So here I am. It's not really an appeal, just a complaint about the gagging and muting system.

tl;dr I didn't think my friends and I should of been muted due to mic-spam.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I was on the server before the arguing about control points as I had been called onto to deal with various users being overall toxic, including Red if that was one of your friends considering they were arguing with me too IIRC. Anyway, one of your friends had yelled a bit into their mic so I gave a warning to not micspam and then you all started arguing with me about how it "wasn't micspam." I explained that here and yet you guys proceeded to argue with me about it. I gave clear warnings to not argue with staff and when that was ignored so I served out punishments. I'm here to enforce the rules, not to argue about if they should be in place or give some long explanation justifying them, and it's your place as a player to listen to them or else you will be acted upon accordingly. And yes, I'm glad you're coming to the forums, after I had to gag you for constantly arguing with me and kick you for changing your name to continue and bypass my gag.

Status
Not open for further replies.