Resolved Genuine question: Why can your comms be blocked for revealing admins, when the "!admins" command exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredalert

Jun 16, 2021
Additionally, why is it such a big deal that an admin is revealed? Shouldn't people know you're staff already, so that they don't break any rules in the first place? I get you're there to catch rulebreakers, but wouldn't putting your foot down and revealing yourself as an admin upfront be more effective? The fact that it's breaking the rules to point out an admin (who, by the way, already revealed themselves over voice chat,) is rather ridiculous. Administration is supposed to be powerful, not mysterious.

Not very good cover when a command can reveal you're online, just saying.

PBandJ

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2020
Tennessee, USA
The reason is because usually when a staff member is on a server, they were called there by a report, so they're trying to catch the person reported without them knowing they were reported. An example being if a hacker was reported, then someone revealed an admin, the hacker might switch off their aimbot or leave the server, leaving us with no evidence to ban them for and allowing them to resume their cheating once the staff member leaves.

revealing that we're staff only makes them comply with the rules until we eventually leave, which is when things will quickly go south again.
Post automatically merged:

And to answer the question from your thread title, we have the ability to hide ourself from !admins, and also rename ourselves. Revealing us while we're renamed and hidden from the command should and will get you gagged/muted, because it should be obvious that we dont want to be noticed.

Last edited:

water tank

i love music
Admin ★
Oct 20, 2021
Romania
The reason is because usually when a staff member is on a server, they were called there by a report, so they're trying to catch the person reported without them knowing they were reported. An example being if a hacker was reported, then someone revealed an admin, the hacker might switch off their aimbot or leave the server, leaving us with no evidence to ban them for and allowing them to resume their cheating once the staff member leaves.

revealing that we're staff only makes them comply with the rules until we eventually leave, which is when things will quickly go south again.
Post automatically merged:

And to answer the question from your thread title, we have the ability to hide ourself from !admins, and also rename ourselves. Revealing us while we're renamed and hidden from the command should and will get you gagged/muted, because it should be obvious that we dont want to be noticed.
oh well that explains why i once got gagged for revealing a staff member which was just playing the game
though I just mentioned the fact that they sound like that specific staff member, is that considered revealing a staff still?

Status
Not open for further replies.