Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Rampage

Forum Activist
Jul 25, 2017
United States
Im going to take the SAT's in like two days and just reading the pre-test questions make me want to just buioabuio['bniop
w-2qn
2eNO
wd[npawf the keyboard
So anyone got any advice or words of encouragement before I lose the little sanity I got left?

by the way this is what just one of the many questions looks like. . .

A new homeowner would like to purchase rectangular marble tiles to cover an unfinished living room floor that is 20 feet by 24 feet. The cost of each tile is dependent upon the size of the tile, and the price points for the two available sizes of marble tile are $16 for the 12 inches by 18 inches tile and $28 for the 24 inches by 30 inches tile. If the homeowner wants to use both sizes of tile and has a budget of $2,800 for the living room floor, what is the greatest number of the larger-sized tile that she can purchase without going over budget and without trimming any of the tiles?

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 31, 2017
New York, United States of America
Umm, I haven't taken the SAT and probably won't for a few months. But, here's some advice
1. Sleep. Get plenty of rest before your test. Not just the before, but a few days before.
2. Breakfast. Eat a breakfast with lots of protein
3. Relax. Relax the day before the test. Stressing out is the one thing you should not do as it will make you nervous
4. Coffee. Do not. Because everything that you do or learn with the caffeine will only come to you with caffeine.
All these tips were from one of my teachers before I took an AP exam, so hopefully, it will relate to you.

Mr. Rampage

Forum Activist
Jul 25, 2017
United States
Umm, I haven't taken the SAT and probably won't for a few months. But, here's some advice
1. Sleep. Get plenty of rest before your test. Not just the before, but a few days before.
2. Breakfast. Eat a breakfast with lots of protein
3. Relax. Relax the day before the test. Stressing out is the one thing you should not do as it will make you nervous
4. Coffee. Do not. Because everything that you do or learn with the caffeine will only come to you with caffeine.
All these tips were from one of my teachers before I took an AP exam, so hopefully, it will relate to you.
Well coffee shouldn't be a problem I only really drink tea. yay. either way much appreciated!

Mr. Rampage

Forum Activist
Jul 25, 2017
United States
UPDATE: well I successfully completed the SAT without killing myself, somehow. . . It was probably the hardest test I've ever taken thus far, and that I will ever take. It took me off guard in the first section because apparently I had to read 5 stories and answer questions about them in 1 hr and 5 minutes. I'm working my way through it and the lady says 15 minutes left when I have about 15 more questions and another story to go, holy shit that was bad. But not all bad I somehow speed ran through the questions and she told us to put the pencils down when I had one question left, so I just guessed on it. The rest of the sections were hell as suspected but at least I managed to get a better sense of time taking the other parts. I'm not going to sugar coat this. The SAT is fucking horrible, if you don't know what to expect it will fuck you in the ass harder than a slab of steak run over by a compacter. I can say without a hint of doubt in my mind that I have no idea what I got on this test, maybe I got a good score maybe I didn't. In the end as I've been told by many pray for the best but prepare for the worst. When the scores do finally come in it'll be a big factor in what college I go too. maybe I'll even share the score online. But regardless thanks for the advice Captain Weeb I did follow it and it does feel like it helped a little. All I can say to anyone else taking it is. Prepare a long time in advance. look at what kinds of questions are being asked and instead of saying "OH FUCK THAT" Try to understand it and it's solution. When you're at you're wits end with a question take a deep breath and move on each question is worth the same amount regardless of what it looks like. If you have too guess. I know it doesn't seem like a good idea but it's better then leaving it blank because with the new test you don't loose points for wrong answers. Good luck all who dare to take this god forsaken test. Just remember if you fail you can retake it as many times as you need too. They take the best score. Now if you'll excuse me im'ma go play some tf2 and get some rest.

Upload 2018 6 2 23 17 15

Status
Not open for further replies.