Declined Got banned for calling out an obvious scammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

topazlibrary

Jun 8, 2023
1.) Include your ban profile link, if applicable:

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
A very obvious scammer joined the server. He was told to stop advertising his scam over and over again, and the entire server was berating him. For some reason only I, the autistic one, got banned for calling him retarded, when everyone else was indeed using such language. The scammer was even using such a word, in fact he used it first. He expressed a lot of elitism, stating that "poor people should die".

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
I haven't done anything wrong. I used a word which I am capable of reclaiming in a way to describe the obvious efforts of a scammer. I was fully in my rights to call out this heinous individual's scam. You can ask anyone else there, I was entirely in my rights to say what I said. And "sowon", if you're reading this: I'd like to know why you're targetting myself and not the literal con artist.
Post automatically merged:

1.) Include your ban profile link, if applicable:

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
A very obvious scammer joined the server. He was told to stop advertising his scam over and over again, and the entire server was berating him. For some reason only I, the autistic one, got banned for calling him retarded, when everyone else was indeed using such language. The scammer was even using such a word, in fact he used it first. He expressed a lot of elitism, stating that "poor people should die".

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
I haven't done anything wrong. I used a word which I am capable of reclaiming in a way to describe the obvious efforts of a scammer. I was fully in my rights to call out this heinous individual's scam. You can ask anyone else there, I was entirely in my rights to say what I said. And "sowon", if you're reading this: I'd like to know why you're targetting myself and not the literal con artist.
Thought I'd also add, there was not a "constant" use of ableist language. First, I used the word maybe four times, as far as I recall. Secondly, I am neurodivergeant and therefore have the ability to reclaim such a word.

Last edited:

Niki

Actually a demon
Senior Admin ★★
Records Manager ★
★ Donor ★
Jun 26, 2019
Czech Republic
Hi, so about your ban. Instead of going and reporting the person, you just went and started harassing him and calling him the r-slur.
I also went through the other persons logs and he did get muted for what he said. However this still doesen't warrant this level of harassment.
Because of that I won't be unbanning you.

Appeal Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.