• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Guard limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyless (Seasonal?)

Dec 21, 2019
I have nothing better to do so here we go! I suggest on any wonderland related jailbreak servers we have a guard time limit requirement. I’ve seen way too many people joining blue without microphones and no knowledge of the rules. These players tend to be new around jailbreak servers and usually don’t listen to anyone; I want to change that by adding maybe a 2-4 hour online play time on the jailbreak server before going Blue. While this would reduce blues overall It would lead to more comprehensive blues that know and understand the rules. You could even add a quiz of
Post automatically merged:

It cut off for some reason so I’ll continue it. A quiz of situational and rules relating to being a guard randomized could be made to get past this requirement for those actual players that read the rules.

Reactions: Retr0 and Green.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
This has been suggested multiple times and has been declined each time. The best thing is for a rework of the balance system. An idea is something along the lines of if all BLUs die before a given timeframe like 8 minutes, then half of the BLUs are balanced randomly or something along those lines.

Reactions: Retr0 and Hypernova

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
I feel like if this was added in a new update in Jailbreak, I think it would cause a few problems. Just imagine you really want to try out blue team for the first time you playing Jailbreak and it won't let you. You are basically guard banned just because you are new without the system even knowing that you've read the rules or not. I just think its unfair to basically "guardban" the new players of Jailbreak because I feel like it would bring less people to the community. They'd probably be like "Oh, I can't go on blu team, might as well go on a different server." or "I read all the rules though, why can't I go on blu." How else are they supposed to learn the rules better and be better at guard team if we guard ban them for the first few hours of their playtime. They probably would try multiple times to join blu but think the server is broken or they did something wrong, so they don't even try to go on blu team anymore.

Joyless (Seasonal?)

Dec 21, 2019
This is where the simple quiz would be great help even though new players would be limited to the red team a simple quiz of some rules could instantly change it for those who want to try out blue team. Blue team is not as simple as some people think as even the most experienced blues have free killed even due to complex trick orders and miscommunication. A recruit for a new company would not be instantaneously given role of manager or a higher position and that’s how I see the difference between red and blue. It’s not the best way to welcome a new player but this would apply to frequent trolls who come on duplicate accounts with VPNs to ruin the game. Lowering the time limit given could make this work aswell lowering it to 20 minutes isn’t that much time to wait as 2 full rounds and this time limit would be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.