• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Guard lock on Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire_Flower42

Nov 12, 2018
some other JB servers have a "guard lock" plugin that locks you from joining blu without saying something in voice chat

im suggesting adding that to add some security to the guard role so we dont need as many admins to do Mic Checks

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
The plug-in that prevents users from joining BLU unless their microphone is used is very faulty from my experience, as it solely checks if you use a mic, not if it's actually quality/sufficient (i.e, if you press Push-to-talk for a second, it'll validate you joining BLU). I wouldn't trust it to prevent users with no mic or an insufficient one to join BLU, neither would it really fit for our servers given users with no mic can join BLU if the team is in need of filling.

However, an improved plug-in that prevents users from joining BLU without a sufficient mic if the team doesn't need additional users could be helpful. Although, that wouldn't solve existing guards blocking users with a mic, but perhaps priority could be given to users who've proven to have a mic over users without one when teams are auto balanced at round beginnings.

=WL= Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 7, 2017
Right here
We can add sm_voteteamban for 30 mins for vips only. And give vips the ability to let them ask the guard that they have a mic and tell them to get off. Then they can report it. This can help get the guards with out mics.

Jailbreak: Do not carry out mic checks.

VIPs already have vote team ban but that is called back seat moderating and is not tolerated unless every effort has been made to get an admin on the server. Also, having software that prevents you from being on BLU with no mic would not work in the cases where no one with a mic wants to go BLU so it has to be filled by players without a mic.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Another suggestion of plugin to add will be a plugin that remove players that are afk and put them in spectator mode. I have experienced many times where a blu was afk and was not auto balance which is annoying if you want to go blu and you have a mic.
Good idea, but they should be swapped to RED instead of Spectator, as being AFK is only an issue for users on BLU, not overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.