Declined Guardban Appeal

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
Guardban is connected to the steam profile linked in my forum profile.
I was guardbanned for 24 hours for 'mass freekill".

Context of the round relies in 3 orders that were given.

1) "Today is awesome day, defined as I must say awesome after every order, otherwise the order is invalid, awesome."
2) "Bombrush to my warden marker."
3) "Bombrush to my warden marker, awesome."

This is where I killed about 7 people. The basis for this was that warden said "every", and not "an/the".

I believe that the following two days have a major difference between then:
--"Today is awesome day, defined as I must say awesome after every order, otherwise the order is invalid, awesome."
--"Today is awesome day, defined as I must say awesome after an order, otherwise the order is invalid, awesome."

With the first day, the moment an order is given without awesome, any of the following given orders are invalid, since not every order prior had awesome. "The order" is referring to the given order, as it would be the only thing making sense in this context.
With the second day, it only applies to one order, so if the order given doensn't have awesome in it, the following orders aren't affected.

Basically wordplay.

This appeal is posted because I believe I was wrongfully guardbanned due to a lack of understanding of wordplay on both the admin's and warden's parts.

revelations

Senior Admin ★★
★ Donor ★
Reports & Appeals Manager ★
Jun 9, 2019
After reviewing the accident and your behavior in Helpdesk, I have determined that your guardban was correctly. The explanation you've given was already determined to be erroneous by PB&J. Additionally, you knew that a mod was on the server AND that your following actions would seem like freekill, and still chose to not explain your actions BEFORE killing 7 people. This leads me to believe that this wasn't just a misunderstanding of the rules.
Appeal Declined