Guideline- How to make a proper Unban/Ungag/Unmute Appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
So, even after reading the proper template given by the Owner, the person appealing for an unban always ends by messing up. So, here is a guide of how you would make a proper appeal.

Step 1- The original template.
The original Template is found >Here<:

All you have to do is copy-and paste on your thread post and you should modify it.

Step 2- Modification of the template. (not really important, but keep the format of your appeal proper and clean)

Here is an guide on how to gather information to fill up your form for:

unban, ungag, unmute, unsilence

1.) My ban profile link:
>How to get it. Click >Here<(Banlist)
Then, click on "ADVANCED SEARCH (CLICK)" and type your steam profile name in 'nickname' or steam profile ID in 'STEAM ID'
Copy the web link after your search, then paste it in this section.<

2.) Explanation of what happened / why have I been banned:
>Explained what really happened, if you have a good excuse.<

3.) Why we should you unban me:
>Explain why should the administrator unban you. Do you accept your mistake? Did the console/admin make a mistake?<

Step 3- Example
Consider the situation where you were playing on a map which has a secret area or power-up, someone reported you and a mod/admin bans you for general exploits, for 1 week.(an example).

Title: Ban appeal. (keep the title short and simple)

1.) Ban profile link:
htt ps://b ans.wonderland.tf/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=imamacgamer&advType=name (an example)

2.) Explanation of what happened:
I was playing on a surf server where a guy who was getting constantly killed by me called an admin. The admin, named *staff's_name* spectated me and sees that I was not dying when getting shot and had infinite health. He/She entered the game and tried to kill me, but he/she could not, then banned me for general cheating/exploit

3.) Why we should you unban me:
I did not exploit the game. The infinite health or God-mode is part of the map. (for example, surf maps) The admin did not even ask how did I get this health power-up. Here is the proof from a YouTube video/demo file. >Solid proofs, if required<

Bonus/IMPORTANT- Things to avoid in an unban appeal.
1- Do not use Emoticons/emojis. It makes your appeal look dumb.

2- Do not insult or get mad at the staff who banned you. Constant arguing, being sarcastic, using curse words or any toxic comment towards a staff will get your appeal declined.

3- Do not appeal for short bans. (Like 30 minutes or 1 hour)

4- Type in proper English. Constant grammatical errors will not penalize you if the appeal is understandable. If you do not know how to properly type in English, ask for help from a friend. Do not use Google Translate. (you can, but sometimes google mis-translates some words, changing the whole meaning)

5- FOLLOW the required template.

6- Keep it simple and short and add maximum details. Do not narrate your life here. like:
" :( I'm sad plz forgive me and unbanned me :( " (quoted from a random appeal)

7- BOLD style should be turned off (See the top left corner, just below the title area) Don't exaggerating on colors and do not make your appeal look like a clown.

8- Do not appeal an unban "for a friend" or "your lost brother" etc...

Madi

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2017
This is not something that is supposed to be done by a member. You're free to post whatever guide you wish but nothing that has to do with (forum) administration please. That is up to members of staff, and only staff.

Reactions: Eight
Status
Not open for further replies.