Have you ever been scammed?

Chronos

★ Donor ★
Sep 3, 2017
Germany
Yes. Reading the chat again made me notice how incredibly stupid I was.. This was actually the only time I didn't check the steamrep profile when trading.
The guy got banned, fortunately. But I didn't get the item back. I for some reason decided to sell every item I had after this and stop playing TF2, but I came back eventually. having absolutely no items (including weapons btw.) is frustrating though, i don't recommend it..

PacificShroud

Aug 2, 2018
Yes. Reading the chat again made me notice how incredibly stupid I was.. This was actually the only time I didn't check the steamrep profile when trading.
The guy got banned, fortunately. But I didn't get the item back. I for some reason decided to sell every item I had after this and stop playing TF2, but I came back eventually. having absolutely no items (including weapons btw.) is frustrating though, i don't recommend it..
Fuuuuny thing is I did the SAME thing hahaha, I have nothing lol

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
Fuuuuny thing is I did the SAME thing hahaha, I have nothing lol

Quotes for notifications

If both of you make a list of the weapons both of you are missing, (regular ones, not strange/killstreak ones) and pm the list, i'll give you both whatever you need

Walnuts

ʜᴇᴀᴅ ɴᴜᴛᴄʀᴀᴄᴋᴇʀ ★ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ɴᴜᴛ★
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Aug 4, 2018
No, but somebody tried to scam me.
I was younger at the time I just got my first unusual. It was a "unusual backbiter's billycock" with the effect Stormy Storm. At the time it was worth 12 key, I bought it for 16. Not only that but when i tried to sell it someone added me to do the friend scam. (I did not fall for it). only to sell it to another person for 10 keys.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I can't recall ever being scammed, worst I've probably been is sharked when I was a newbie to TF2 (just an inference though, not 100% sure). That isn't to say I'm not on the watch, I've had to block a lot of fishy accounts this past year, and I've seen various people lose their accounts. Just always be sure the website you're entering your log-in into is safe.

StarOfSouls

Wired
★ Donor ★
Aug 5, 2018
Did a duel for my unusual, lost, and when trading it, somehow it got phished and was lost even though I did a direct trade. Also, I have a lot of random people add me for trades and try to scam me or whatever.

Preacher Platinum

Legally, you suck.
★ Donor ★
Aug 2, 2019
God damn Filipino (I checked the IP I’m not a stereotyping racist) somehow deleted the trade request from an official Marketplace.tf bot and took my balloonibouncer taunt so now I have to !taunt 36 like a poor boy. Also my Miami Nights Bolted Birdcage and Strange Festive Sapper but my FUCKING TAUNT NOW I LOOK POOOOOR