Hey, How'd You Get Your Username(s)?

DUCKACCINO

Jun 17, 2018
Australia
Duckaccino origins:​
I started playing Gang Garrison 2 around 2015 and my name was the default "Player1" but I wanted to be unique. I chose "dunk" which after some time (and watching ONE Adam Sandler movie from 2012) led to "dunkaccino" which I used for a year until 2016 when I decided that "duckaccino" is less associated with that dumb movie. I've been using "duckaccino" ever since.
Fuck you mario

Luigi

Jun 30, 2018
Ireland
I really liked (and still do) luigi better than mario, when I was little I tried making my username Luigi but obviously it was taken already, so I just put my house number on the end of it "Luigi609"
However, the exact reason my steam name is TheLuigiBox, isn't very clear; I kind of just luigi-ified the box trot box and then slapped it on my profile.

Jineron

Jun 25, 2018
France
Jineron... oboi.

At first I did wear the name of "Xyneron" for a couple of years*. I was searching of a good name that began with an X, and then I somehow crafted it from my imagination. I was a bleeding tryhard, at every games, everything. I wanted to master everything that is possible on PC... In games, I was really great... But I didn't had fun. Fun was geeking in my old'ass basement with the damn wish to be the number 1 at everything.

But then, I had enough. The young beast wanted to retreat and became a lion who had the reponsability of a family and a house. So instead of still wearing that name and playing games like a mad man, I became Jineron, couple of months ago**. J is the first letter of my name, and the "Y" became an "i" just because it was more smooth to say.

I still kept "Xyneron" in my steam url profile, a souvenir from my past-self.

* When I say couple of years, I say almost 10 years.
** ~7 Months, more or less.

Kumpir

Lvl 13 Anime Hater
★ Donor ★
Aug 19, 2017
Turkey
So my steam account wasn't always mine. It was my brothers at one point. I was poor didn't have my own computer or a steam account and I loved playing Garry's mod, problem was my brother was the only one who had it, so we took turns. Eventually he made a new steam account and gave me his old one which at the time only had Garry's mod and Team fortress two (premium account :) His user name was Rampage and well as you can probably guess I stuck with it. same thing goes with the profile pic. it's all been the same for about 8 years. I'm bad with making names so I kept it. And that's my story.

My story is similar yours but a little bit different. I stuck with the name Kumpir even though it means baked potato.

Reactions: Wixxarion

Marko

Jul 3, 2018
Serbia
hi i'm aL and i like stuff

Anyways, here's a simple question, how'd you get your username(s)? To start off this thread, I'll start off with mine! (Also, yes, I love commas.)

Anyways, it all began with a simple download of TF2 and then I hoped it, I started off with that boring real life name user, as in Jose.Gonzalez.2020, and then I switched to 'Sniper' (Please, don't make fun of me.. :c) and at this time I was like very young, and my first server in TF2 was actually PBFortress on Jailbreak, and although I had no clue what I did and or what I was doing, I had fun! Then I swapped out to 'Mickey' and I was playing a crap ton of TF2 at this time, basically whenever I'd get back from school I'd legit play until midnight, and then after years, I swapped out to 'Dorky' and then continued to play PBFortress, but then after some years the downfall of PBFortress came, cause now it's like dead and then after the death, I started playing a crap ton of pubs, and after months, I saw this one guy that just had this simple name 'Alex', and by the way that is my middle-name, so I was like "Ya know... Why not try it?" But I wanted a twist with it as well, cause I ain't no basic boi, so I added an extra 'w' to it. Now, we're at the name 'Alwex' and I was extremely comfortable with that name and for most of my time I had that name for most of my time playing TF2, and then I found Wonderland, and then I felt like a name switch would be a bit more suitable... I guess.

So now I'm at the name Al, and people already know why I switched it but I'll say it again, so when I joined the server, I would always like type in chat, people got to see that the 'l' looked like a 'i', so basically I was called ai which was uh... Great I suppose, and then after ALL those name switches I'm at my current username... aL! (And boio I feel hella g u c c i) And now I still kind of change my username from time to time, such as 'Pokeman aL', 'Master Chef aL', and so on, mainly for the reason that I still play jailbreak and I get myself into the minigame.

So uh, that was the history of all my usernames...
okbai c:
I just combined 2 of my favorite things: Lofi music and the oof meme. and no, its not the name of the guy from an anime, fricc off

Attachments

• same.jpeg
    same.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0

Vladdleco

Forum Extremist
Jul 2, 2018
France (Baguette Land)
I got mine from another popular which is League of Legends.I had another name before this one and which was really ridiculous so I tried to make a new one.
My name is a mix of differents champions.
Vladimir+Fiddlesticks+Shaco(Does play LoL here ?)
They were my favorite champions when I first started the game.
A lots of people don't even know to pronounce my name I don't even know either sometimes, so Vlad is fine with me)

I got mine from a character from one story, which I'm writing with a friend of mine.
At first it was just Wixx, which I considered too short, so I've added the -arion on the end. It's kinda like names of dragons in Warcrafts, and it kinda goes with it, but no more spoiling. :wink:

Mattaroni

Unaware He Will Place 65th
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
New York, United States of America
I was really hungry one day and all I wanted to eat was this really good macaroni that my mother makes, and right when I was thinking "Man I could really go for some macaroni", someone yelled MATT across the lunchroom I was in, right in the middle of my thoughts lol

"I could really go for some ma-"
MATT
"caroni"

indietyp

Humanoid robot that tries to take over the world
Honorary Member ★
Jun 21, 2018
Germany
oh boi... well... all started in 8th grade and I was starting to get obsessed with indie games and music - my best friend at that time and me had these great visions of owning a youtube channel called indietypen - translated into English: indiedudes - but that never happened and I quite liked that name so I stuck with it as indietyp. Yeah it is German, but still always funny to hear others try to pronounce it.

Yes I am still a lover of the independent music and game genre and always will be.

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
used google search

thats really all

my previously known user here was "F33L" but I don't wanna go too in depth with it, only that it corresponded with my username before, and I wanted to act like an edgy cunt, not knowing it actually made me become one.

RulerOfTheFae

Forum Activist
Aug 26, 2017
Canada, Ontario
Oh boy.
I had a gay elf character in D&D named "Faery Kittyflower" Gay as it gets, just like me.
I played a game called trove and when I decided my starting class will be a Fae Trickster I knew I was going to start the whole fairy theme with my shit, so I named my account "FaeryKittyflower" after my character, but when I had to make a 2nd account cuz my 1st was fucked up, I couldnt use that name so I took "RulerOfTheFae"
I decided to change it as it's too long and the capital letters all in 1 word bugged me so I shortened it to be "Fae Ruler"
That's how I got my name, my wonderfully gay name.

DuckGod

Waddle Waddle
★ Donor ★
Aug 1, 2017
the Duckpond
When I created my steam acc, lots if people called me dodo, so I named it dodoman9, the 9 because dodoman was already taken.
Later I wanted a new name, so I was thinking, and I’m a Donald Duck fan ig, and I liked the caracter Scrooge Mcduck, so I added a little twist to it, Mc_Duck
And now I changed it to Waddles because idk