Read Me How to Make a Proper Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Patchy, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patchy

Patchy One hella evil bastard Honorary Member ★

How to Make a Proper Application

Hey there, future applicants! Want to improve your chances of getting accepted into the team or just need a guide on the do’s and don’ts of a moderator application? Well, take your time and read all of this because, trust me, this will help you in the long run. Let’s move on to the requirements.

[​IMG]

The first four are obvious and if you’re not a member in our steam group, it won’t take more than 20 seconds. Also, you should edit the section rather than just leaving how it is. So basically, when you’re done, your requirement section aka the top section of your application should look like this:
    Requirements:
    o No VAC ban(s) on record | Info ✔
    o Clean [+]SteamREP | Info ✔
    o No registered bans on the community. (Depends on severity) ✔
    o Member in our steam group | ✔
    o At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) ✘
    o Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours ✔
    o Server connection time: 36+ hours ✔ *
    o Team player with great communication skills (English) ✔ *
    o No limited steam account. | ✔
    o Forum Activity (at least +10 forum posts)

Now, the age requirement. You don’t have to be 16+ to apply but it does help to wait. However, if you can’t wait to apply and you’re around 13+, you would have to show a high level of maturity and put out a fleshed-out application. If your steam account is limited, you should make it public before applying or if you do get accepted, make it public ASAP. Now, the indispensable requirements. I’d imagine that people just look at these and go “meh, I don’t need to do those.” Well, you do. If you don’t do 2 or more of the indispensable requirements, you’re automatically declined, even if you do put out a decent app. It helps to become active around forums, too. You get a reputation boost and you get to meet and interact with the many personalities around here as well. You shouldn’t just meet the requirements just to be meeting them as well, rather, you should go above and beyond. 36 hours? How about 72 instead? 10+ forum posts? Why not 25 or 30 (keep in mind that forum games do not count as posts)? Really enjoy being around the community? Donate! These little things increase your chances of being accepted and it shows us that you care about the community.

Before I go onto the questions, I should bring up one more thing: chat logs. We do have such a thing, and if one of our staff members request it, they will be pulled up. If it’s shown that you’re disrespecting players, being toxic, spamming, etc., not only will you have to explain yourself, but your chances of being accepted diminish significantly. I see it all the time, a candidate applies with a decent app and he/she looks all good with positive votes until one of the staff members look at their chat logs and changes their mind and depending on the severity of those logs, they can expect to be declined or get a load of neutral votes. So keep that in mind.

[​IMG]
    This question is easy to answer, but some applicants don’t know how to answer the question and that becomes an issue right away. Here’s a good example of how to answer this:
    M-F: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST
    Saturday: 12:00 AM – 11:00 PM EST
    Sunday: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM EST
    And if you’re busy with sports or whatever, include that in your answer as well.

[​IMG]
    Without me giving out an example, the best thing to do here is to describe your positive impact on the community. For question 4, think of this, could you make our servers more enjoyable?

[​IMG]

For question 7, did you donate? Did you recruit people over to this community? Did you help us out with letting us know of things going in disarray in the servers? Things of that nature should be answered in the question. Question 8 is an important one and depending on how you answer it, it can either boost your chances of being accepted or cripple it. Basically, your answer should consist of what use you can be to the staff team. Question 9 is simple, just list some accomplishments about yourself.

Well, I hope this helped you out. If worse comes to worse and you get declined, don’t become discouraged or let it get your hopes up. Instead, look at our staff’s constructive criticism and evaluate where you went wrong in your application. Soon enough, you’ll become staff. This is all I have for you, and I wish you good luck with your application.

-Patchy

• Informative x 8
    • Like x 3
    • Useful x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Patchy

Patchy One hella evil bastard Honorary Member ★

Another thing to note: Do not use emojis in applications. It looks dumb and shows that you aren't taking the app seriously.

3. Ray

Ray Head Weenie Honorary Member ★ ★ VIP ★

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice