How to Soldier?

Gryffen

Dec 18, 2020
I know this is gonna sound pretty stupid, but I don't play Soldier for one very specific reason.

I don't know how to rocket jump. And I don't think I can learn. It's just something that I can't do, try as I might. Which suck, because it looks a lot of fun.

Should I keep trying, or should I jump focus on learning with Scout?
Post automatically merged:

I know this is gonna sound pretty stupid, but I don't play Soldier for one very specific reason.

I don't know how to rocket jump. And I don't think I can learn. It's just something that I can't do, try as I might. Which suck, because it looks a lot of fun.

Should I keep trying, or should I jump focus on learning with Scout?
Ignore the "tf2 jail" tag. I meant to make it just "tf2". My bad.

Reactions: Lord Vader

Vince

Northern
★ Donor ★
Mar 13, 2020
Denmark
Hello there, If I can give you some good advice, the tf2 community made servers for this problem a long time ago. Search for Jump. I don't really know why u have this problem, but I never suspected someone today, who doesn't know where to learn this. hit me with a reply. if you found out how. I might even consider helping you because I have a lot of free time. :)

Reactions: Lord Vader

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
Every soldier-player have different styles of soldier gameplay
Some prefer to casually chill on jump/surf servers and some like to play casually... you know, like normal soldiers.

According to the statistics, who cares. just sayin that soldier is the most played class in tf2 cuz it's one of the fastest class to master.
If you really wanna kickstart your soldier journey, just head to your favorite servers (any server except for JB, deathrun, etc...) and chose Soldier. Best servers to play on as soldier are: Hightower, Surf or Jump (Jump Academy) Servers .

There are tons of tutorials on youtube with lots of explanations and details.
I suggest that you hop on a server and access youtube via your in-game browser or from a phone or smthing and replicate anything they say in the videos.

:)