How would you guys change underpowered weapons in TF2?

Demon Paradox

Jan 20, 2019
Portugal
TF2 has it's share of underpowered weapons, some that come to mind are The Classic, The Dahlokohs Bar and The Sun on a Stick. What would be a a nice way to make some cool subclasses or gimmick weapons out of underpowered and underused ones already in the game?

Some underpowered weapons:
Buffalo steak Sandvich
Sharpened Volcano Fragment
Sun on a Stick
Dahlokohs Bar
Overdose
Eviction Notice
Pomson
Manmelter

I'd personally love to have Manmelter store airblasts instead of crits. It's normal leftclick without airblasts stored is the current projectile we have, but without the projectile speed and with worse damage than the scorch shot, like, a very bad flare gun. But when you extinguish a teammate you get 1 (maybe 2) airblasts. These airblasts work differently though, they can do normal airblast stuff BUT they have way higher knockback and can be used to rocketjump for no damage! It becomes a situational weapon that is a ton of fun if you are playing support pyro and want to go for a flank or a suicide medic drop! It still has the same down time between shots and airblasts so it wont airblast as fast as a flamethrower (therefore not making the phlog's downside of no airblasts obsolete. This would also make pyro jump maps lots of fun, It's like a detonator that sends you further and for no damage BUT is very situational as you need to extinguish people first, this also makes the thermal thruster still viable as some people just want to flank without caring about their team.

I'd also like to have the classic be able to shoot in midair to make surf servers that much fun.
Post automatically merged:

The Manmelter - Level 30 Indivisible Particle Smasher
Does not require ammo
  • -50% damage penatly
  • Alt-Fire: Extinguish teammates to gain a mega airblast
  • +30% airblast push force
  • Mega airblasts can be used to rocket jump
  • Cannot fire projectile with mega airblasts in the chamber
  • Extinguishing teammates restores 20 health
  • No random critical hits
  • This weapon will reload automatically when not active.
Thats my idea for the manmelter and thats a way to propose your new rebalances. I took the text for the tf2 wiki.

Last edited:

Bung

Forum Activist
Jul 15, 2018
I think making the Eviction Notice do 30 damage instead of 26 damage would be a great buff. Currently IMO the Eviction Notice isn't that bad in a gamemodes like jailbreak but it isn't viable in casual. A small damage buff would make it viable at least.
Or maybe instead of that a health on kill attribute which would help greatly. About 35 health on kill would work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Demon Paradox

Demon Paradox

Jan 20, 2019
Portugal
By increasing the salary of valve developers then they will care and not be lazy .
wait they are underpaid? is that why the tf2 team is radio silent for years?
Post automatically merged:

I think making the Eviction Notice do 30 damage instead of 26 damage would be a great buff. Currently IMO the Eviction Notice isn't that bad in a gamemodes like jailbreak but it isn't viable in casual. A small damage buff would make it viable at least.
Or maybe instead of that a health on kill attribute which would help greatly. About 35 health on kill would work.
yeah i mean you are losing health for doing it so getting some hp back would be great. that would make the warriors spirit less viable than it already is thought :/

Malfunction

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 1, 2018
Buffalo Steak Sandvich:
+Remove the 20% damage debuff.

Sharpened Volcano Fragment:
+Applies a stronger afterburn effect. (Afterburn caused by the S.V.F. either does more damage than usual or lasts even longer than usual. Perhaps there could be a visual difference, like the fire around the burning players being darker or having larger flames.)

Sun-on-a-stick:
+Alt-fire launches a fireball that does no direct damage but applies Afterburn for a couple of seconds. The fireball can also crit players if they are already on fire. This would keep the weapon's "Playing with a Pyro ally" idea, but give the weapon some use outside of those occasions. It's projectile effects are overall weaker than the Wrap Assassin, but you don't have reduced melee damage. Choose between a stronger projectile or a stronger melee.

I think the Dahlokohs Bar is fine the way it is. The +50 HP has saved my ass many times.

Overdose:
+Lower the damage reduction. Maybe having it equipped would make Mediguns build uber slightly faster than usual, I don't know.

Eviction Notice:
+Remove the maximum health drain and reduce the passive speed boost.

Pomson 6000:
+Projectiles move faster, and the clip size would be extended to 6.

Manmelter:
+Extingishing allies adds 3 "Beam" shots. Each beam shot is a hitscan laser (Similar to the C.A.P.P.E.R.) that acts similar to the Manmelter's standard projectile (Same amount of damage, and it still sets people on fire). Both standard shots and beam lasers can mini-crit burning targets.

Last edited:

Mygiwara

Oct 6, 2020
Here's how I would fix badly underutilized weapons:
Sandman - BRING BACK LONG RANGE STUN
Pain Train - Increase Swing Speed, But remove Random Crits
Third Degree - Increase Swing Speed, but remove Random Crits
Scottish Resistance - Increase Arm Time but also remove Random Crits
Huo-Long Heater - STOP CONSUMING AMMO WHEN NOT FIRING
Pomson 6000: MAKE IT HITSCAN, and also I took this from someone else: 6 SHOTS
Blutsauger - It's actually good, shut up
Shahanshah - I guess remove the damage penalty and RANDOM CRITS