Accepted I accidentally caused an red teammate to be freekilled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay Lobster

Sep 21, 2020
1.) Include your ban profile link:
I am not banned from wonderland.tf servers but I am guard ban on wonderland.tf servers.
Steam Username: Clay Crab
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:215653370
Steam Community:

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
Hello, I was banned for causing 1 red teammate to be freekilled because I didn't specify which finished line on minefield. My guard ban is very long, it's like 4,320 minutes by MintBrando. Plus it states that my next ban will be permanent but I don't want my next ban to be permanent.

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
You should unban me because I don't want to be ban for such a long time or be ban forever for any future accidents. Plus I wasn't aware you can be banned forever for previous incidents when I was playing on jailbreaks servers for the first time. And I don't remember a rule that states you need to specify which finish line, I thought I know all the rules by now even though I didn't finish reading jailbreak rules.

I remember these incidents I posted on the forums and I don't want it to count as a list of guard bans in my guard ban history., https://wonderland.tf/threads/i-was...-permanent-and-i-want-it-to-be-removed.16017/ and https://wonderland.tf/threads/guard-banned-again-for-120-minutes-by-slot.16043/

Post automatically merged:

I thought I know all the rules by now because I watched other wardens of how they played as warden.

And another reason why you should unban me because I always correct wardens if I notice they do something wrong. For example, I remember many weeks ago that a warden said "First to finish deathrun will get lr." and I said "You can't do that, you could get guard banned for that." and he said "ok" and fixed of what he said.

Typo: I meant to put "in the beginning" instead of "for the first time" in Tell us why we should unban you section.

Another typo, fixed sentence on tell us why we should unban you section: I wasn't aware you can be guard banned forever for previous incidents.

instead of "Plus I wasn't aware you can be banned forever for previous incidents when I was playing on jailbreaks servers for the first time."

and instead of | Typo: I meant to put "in the beginning" instead of "for the first time" in Tell us why we should unban you section. Sorry for many errors.

Last edited:

Clay Lobster

Sep 21, 2020
I've have been waiting 6 days for this to be appealed.

Plus I don't freekill on purpose, it's always done by accident. For example, I accidentally freekilled some red teammates many weeks ago because since the warden's mic was so low, I got confused by his orders or days.

When you accept my appeal, I am not going to be warden until I finished reading the jailbreak rules.

:)

Last edited:

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I've have been waiting 6 days for this to be appealed.

Plus I don't freekill on purpose, it's always done by accident. For example, I accidentally freekilled some red teammates many weeks ago because since the warden's mic was so low, I got confused by his orders or days.

When you accept my appeal, I am not going to be warden until I finished reading the jailbreak rules.

:)
I do not see a compelling reason to unban you. After talking to @MintBrando , the staff member who teambanned you, he told me that you freekilled on multiple occasions (such as the Minefield situation which I assume the player freekilled was named "f0xx") and that you were refusing to define days. Given these offenses and your many previous teambans, and the fact that you haven't even read the Jailbreak rules, I don't see any good argument for unbanning you.

Clay Lobster

Sep 21, 2020
First of all, this whole forum was about me causing f0xx to be freekilled by accident in the first place. I remember he said "You didn't define which finish line" but since he was running away and speaking too fast, I thought he was rebelling and I didn't react to his response in time. So I told the blues to kill f0xx and he was killed by a player.

You said that Mintbrando claims that I was refusing to define days, well that isn't true because I always define days or orders when someone tells me too. For example, when someone says define afk afm, I say "afk afm is define as away from keyboard and mouse" since I remember that's what the jailbreak rules states. However, since I always pay attention to the screen when I am warden, I may not read the chat menu in which people tell me to define the day in the chat menu because I was busy and didn't realize. I don't freekill or mass freehit anymore since I learned my lesson from it. Also, I did state that I watched other wardens of how to be a better warden it's like watching a YouTube video of how decorate Halloween decorations instead of reading the description that has rules in it since the rules were already defined in the video. Plus, I did say that I wasn't aware that you can get guardbanned for many minutes because of the previous guardbans.

Correction:
You did an error on your message Eight. You said "and the fact that you haven't even read the Jailbreak rules" well I did the read the jailbreak rules but only the July 11, 2017 version. You should've have said "and the fact that you haven't even finish reading the Jailbreak rules" instead of "and the fact that you haven't even read the Jailbreak rules". Make sure your sentences are correct.

I meant "should have" not "should've have". I did an error on my sentence.

Here are a list of guard bans I remember that were by accident:

I airblasted the red team as a guard pyro since I wasn't aware that there was rule that airblasting is considered freehit and I never had an thought about reading the jailbreak rules at the time.

This forum I posted, https://wonderland.tf/threads/guard-banned-again-for-120-minutes-by-slot.16043/

This forum I posted even though it was appealed, https://wonderland.tf/threads/i-was...-permanent-and-i-want-it-to-be-removed.16017/

Me having no mic since I wasn't aware that there was a rule that I needed an mic to play as a guard. That's because that's when I started playing wonderland.tf jailbreak in the beginning. And of course, I didn't know there were rules I had to read because I started playing it like for the first time.

And that's all I remembered.

I will be happy to response to your question admins

I meant questions not question.

Last edited:

MintBrando

Some jailbreak guy
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2019
somewhere
well that isn't true because I always define days or orders when someone tells me too. For example, when someone says define afk afm, I say "afk afm is define as away from keyboard and mouse"
Well, this statement is false because while I was in the server with you. You were refusing to define a day. Granted I don't remember what the day was. People on red were telling you to define it over their mic, and you denied so twice, so I had to tell you that you needed to define the day.

Clay Lobster

Sep 21, 2020
Well, I don't remember this incident. But I probably refuse to define the day because I already define the day so many times that I have to say that this is my final repeat while defining the day and when someone tells me to define it, I always reject it. Also MintBrando, I didn't know you were admin at the time and I also don't know your voice to this day so of course I would accidentally ignore you when I was warden.

Also, do you guys have any video recording of me as warden refusing to define the day?

Note that I am not angry, I am calmly explaining what happened.

MintBrando

Some jailbreak guy
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2019
somewhere
I didn't know you were admin at the time and I also don't know your voice to this day so of course I would accidentally ignore you when I was warden.
I've talked to you on your calls that you have had. There isn't any excuse for you to miss that I am part of the staff team. Also mentioning that we had a pretty big conversation before you got off when I gave you the ban.
And do you did not define in the day, nor has used in the rounds I was watching you in. This was your first time using the day and you refused to define it, even in your repeat.

Clay Lobster

Sep 21, 2020
I remember the order but it wasn't day. I say all reds go to your own straight line in minefield to walk. But people were asking me a repeat, so then I said that just to ignore the order since it was confusing everybody. Also my guard ban has no mention of it saying that I refuse to define the day.
Note Letter
Plus I feel that your memory is getting confused with other player that was refusing to define the day MintBrando because during the conversation we had, you never mentioned anything about me refusing to define the order.

I accept my guard ban for the freekill I caused by accident since I did not finish reading the jailbreak rules, but I won't accept that your claims is that I was refusing to define the order in minefield hence it caused my guard ban to be longer but I wasn't refusing to define the order as I explained it in the first paragraph. I told the reds to ignore the order instead since it was confusing.

MintBrando

Some jailbreak guy
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2019
somewhere
I remember the order but it wasn't day. I say all reds go to your own straight line in minefield to walk. But people were asking me a repeat, so then I said that just to ignore the order since it was confusing everybody.
We are dealing with two different orders, not one single order.
during the conversation we had, you never mentioned anything about me refusing to define the order.
I didn't need to mention it because I had it resolved, and you should have already known about it.
but I won't accept that your claims is that I was refusing to define the order in minefield
Again we are dealing with two different orders, not the same order. I am talking about the order you have given before minefield.

The order you gave for going to minefield was not a day, It was a different order you gave when you got the reds out of their cells.
(My only assumption on the day would be "Marker Day")

You refusing to define days did not effect your ban in any way. Your ban was purely placed because of the freekills you have done.

Clay Lobster

Sep 21, 2020
Well, I'm sorry for the previous freekills I did by accident. Those previous freekills were caused due to

One: A misleading order I gave since I thought it was official order. https://wonderland.tf/threads/guard-banned-again-for-120-minutes-by-slot.16043/

Two: A joke correct answer which caused the reds to be killed but they took it as a MFK including the admin although it was later appealed. https://wonderland.tf/threads/i-was...-permanent-and-i-want-it-to-be-removed.16017/

Three: I did MFH as a pyro by airblasting the red team on purpose but note that I was never aware about airblasting is consider freehit hence got guard banned for 30 minutes. I was sort of beginner player at the time (Meaning that if I heard this rule before, I would have not done it.)

Things I remember that were done on purpose:

One: I mass freehit the red team as a heavy since I thought that if you slay yourself for that, you won't get guard banned.

Two: I mass freehit the reds in the medic building as a pyro with the rainblower since I thought that it wasn't a big of deal because they were already in medic. This caused me to be guard banned for 320 minutes and I never mass freehit ever since.

Three: I do always holiday punch the lr in the back to laugh and then lethal taunt in the air because I want to fool the lr to think that I was going to lethal taunt them to death but I wasn't going to do that. However, the guard banned situation we are in right now makes me not to do this anymore.

And that's it, let me know you need help or questions.

Clay Lobster

Sep 21, 2020
Oh yeah forgot to mention, you claiming that I was refusing to define the order or day, I don't remember doing that. Me as warden, I don't refuse to define the order or day. I refuse when I said too many repeats and after that, I say this is my final repeat, give the repeat, and no more repeats after that.

MintBrando

Some jailbreak guy
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2019
somewhere
Oh yeah forgot to mention, you claiming that I was refusing to define the order or day, I don't remember doing that.
But I probably refuse to define the day because I already define the day so many times.

Why did you not bring up that point at the beginning of the discussion?
I feel like you are trying to play the card of, "I don't remember it." Even though its very apparent that you do/did.

I accept my guard ban for the freekill....
Now, You have accepted your guard ban. The not defining days had no affect in your ban at all, I have said this multiple times.

Clay Lobster

Sep 21, 2020
Oh yeah forgot to mention, you claiming that I was refusing to define the order or day, I don't remember doing that. Me as warden, I don't refuse to define the order or day. I refuse when I said too many repeats and after that, I say this is my final repeat, give the repeat, and no more repeats after that.
Sorry Mintbrando, but I meant to sent that message to Eight because Eight was talking to me about that before.
I do not see a compelling reason to unban you. After talking to @MintBrando , the staff member who teambanned you, he told me that you freekilled on multiple occasions (such as the Minefield situation which I assume the player freekilled was named "f0xx") and that you were refusing to define days. Given these offenses and your many previous teambans, and the fact that you haven't even read the Jailbreak rules, I don't see any good argument for unbanning you.

Also, what I am trying to say is that why do my previous accidental guard bans and purpose guard bans (Even though I don't do it on purpose anymore) count over a 1 freekilled. I don't want to be guard banned over 4,320 minutes (Now 4,318 minutes). Also, those previous purpose guard bans are old. The latest purpose I remember was the 320 minute guard ban version.

Also, the reason why I wrote the list of guard bans that I did by accident because I don't want it to count as a list of guard bans in record. I learned my mistakes from those and I never meant it to be a purpose thing.

I don't want those 3 mistakes to count as a list of guard bans in record because this what caused my guard ban to be 4,320 minutes long.

Last edited:

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Correction:
You did an error on your message Eight. You said "and the fact that you haven't even read the Jailbreak rules" well I did the read the jailbreak rules but only the July 11, 2017 version. You should've have said "and the fact that you haven't even finish reading the Jailbreak rules" instead of "and the fact that you haven't even read the Jailbreak rules". Make sure your sentences are correct.
My bad, I'll correct myself: instead of not reading the rules at all, you read a very old and outdated version of the rules, one that is not applicable to today's Jailbreak rules in many ways.

If a player repeatedly breaks the rules and gets punished for it, their punishment times will steadily increase. That is why your teamban is longer than usual. I also don't think it matters at this point that some of your rule-breaking was accidental. You have still broken the rules multiple times, and so it makes it much more risky for you to be unbanned (again).

With all of what I have said above, I was really leaning towards declining this appeal. However, I noticed that you haven't sat through a full 1440-min. teamban yet. (You have received a 1440-min. teamban in the past, but it was quickly lifted.) As 1440-min. punishments typically precede 4320-min. ones, and I don't think this was meant to be an exception, your teamban has been lowered to 1438 minutes, to account for proper punishment scaling and the time you have already served. I believe that this is the most you deserve as of now. Read over the Jailbreak rules while you are teambanned, and gain a better understanding of how to play as a Guard & as a Warden.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.