Declined I got banned for sarcasm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagy

Mar 15, 2018
United Kingdom
http://steamcommunity.com/id/e-d-g-y/ (I thought you meant steam profile but idk.
I got banned because i said on jokeday (jailbreak) "Someone do a racist joke". I argued my innocent case but admin "eight" was having none of it. He said if i argued about getted muted and gagged (muted for being dead and trying to ask why he gagged me there, which to be fair i did speak as dead) i would be punished.
I think i should be unbanned because... welp... idk. Ik 30mins isnt a long time but i have to also play for another 30mins to communicate at all... I dont understand why eight was being so serious, he explained that "encouraging others to break rules is a loophole", but tbh theres no hard feelings. He seemed like he was having a rough day. I just wanna play my favoute group of servers (also i dont want to be perma banned for appealing on forums and loose mah 400k creds <-- thats another joke eight ;))
Sincerly,
Swagy

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
You were repeatedly breaking other rules (i.e dead talking and talking over warden) and then you encouraged users to break the "Racism" rule by telling a racist joke (which for the record did get broken later in the game), so I decided to gag you for doing that. You then kept arguing with me in PM about how it wasn't rule-breaking despite me explaining repeatedly why I placed the punishment and how it was, and then me warning you to not argue with staff. However, you ignored this, and continued, so I banned you. Encouraging others to rule break isn't allowed (I'd think that to be sort of common sense), and, as I had said to you in-game before, staff may enforce rules not directly stated in the Rules as stated here:
Staff have final say in the interpretation of any rule
Staff reserve the right to add or amend rules at any time to close loopholes
or to keep the server a friendly and fair place.
Furthermore, if you meant that to be sarcasm, then it was unclear. Text in general can be a bad place to convey sarcasm since there isn't that tone of voice there.

Anyway, your ban is only 30 minutes, you can wait it out. Don't break the rules, nor encourage others too. Furthermore:
Do not argue with an admin, if you have a complaint
Post it on the forums or contact the admin or a higher ranked admin privately.

Appeal denied.

*EDIT* - Your ban has already expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.