Accepted I got perma banned for being in a group I forgot about a long time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuoteStrife

Oct 16, 2018
https://steamcommunity.com/id/quotestrife/

So a while ago I was on Spirit's surf servers, while I was there this guy (I think his username was JimJam the FlimFlam I have no idea) who told everyone to join the server to join the group "Pan Gang" or else.

Obviously, he was just joking around (I mean this for when I met him, not the raid thing) and just wanted people to fight him with a pan. So I obliged and joined the group and also equipped the pan and continued doing what I usually did (He wasn't trying to raid that server, he just wanted to whack dudes with a pan, and even if he did the admin was there).

Fast forward to now and I suddenly get banned from wonderland.tf, when I tried to figure out why by going on bans.wonderland.tf, it told me I was part of a raid and that was why I was banned. I was not even aware about this raid and when I went on the group page, there was 1 announcement about a raid.
Annotation 2019 07 21 225131

If you want proof that I barely interacted with this group, I never even opened the group chat for pan gang, or joined their discord.
Annotation 2019 07 21 225451

I never opened the group chat until today (I opened it today to see what raid the ban reason was talking about).
Annotation 2019 07 21 225840
This is all the discord servers I am currently in, unfortunately, as far as I know, there is know a way to show what servers you were a part of (If there is a way, please let me know and I can show you my server join list ASAP). I know this last part of the evidence isn't as watertight as I would like it to be, but you are just going to have to take my word for it.

Anyways, I would like my ban to be removed since I wasn't part of the raid, I think it's unfair that I am guilty by association and got subsequently permanently banned.

If you would like evidence, contact me via my discord Quote Strife#7698 (it isn't just the last part, its the full name along with the # and the 4 numbers), however, I may not be always available since I rarely use discord.
I have discord startup disabled so I usually only see msgs disabled.

I also have reported the steam group and left it as well.

Edit: added my steam account link

Many Thanks,
QuoteStrife

Last edited:

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
You seem to have a troublesome history with bans and such. Duplicate accounts, racism, etc. Does this not sound like someone who would take place in a raid like this? Or even have knowledge of it?

I mean, you must admit, that comes off as suspicious, no?

QuoteStrife

Oct 16, 2018
You seem to have a troublesome history with bans and such. Duplicate accounts, racism, etc. Does this not sound like someone who would take place in a raid like this? Or even have knowledge of it?

If you look into previous appeals most of those were not directly my fault. The duplicate accounts belonged to my brother, and I had to deal with getting a 6 month ban due to a bunch of really unlucky events causing the sourcemods system extending that ban.

I already talked to another staff member here and Mifil unbanned me then, understanding that I had no malice and my bans were not due to something I purposely did with ill intention.

If you would like the dm's where Mifil dm'd me about the previous report, please check here

My other ban also has an explanation

(I really don't remember this to well, but I shall explain it to the best that I can)

The "false report" happened I was muted and gagged by the admin (forgot name, but it seems he is no longer staff according to bans.wonderland.tf) and I had no way of talking. After a while, I decided to use /calladmin since I couldn't talk to him. He immediately bans me for doing so and I had a long gc with him and another staff member (maybe 8, I honestly don't remember)

Either way, my appeal then was denied and I just waited thru the ban.

Also, my ban list does not have any list of racism, so unless you can show me that I have used racist terms (I do mess up sometimes and say something offense), I don't feel like its necessary for me to disprove something I have no history of doing (If you do have evidence of this, please show it to me and I can try to refute it or apologize about it.

My brother does have proof he did say racist things in-game (as far as I remember it's been a long time since that happened), however, I am not my brother and as such he is not a part of this situation directly. If you would like proof that he is, in fact, real, and not some dup account that I use, contact me via the discord I provided earlier and I can enter into a call with my brother and me.

Also, I checked many of the bans and it seems I am not the only one who is appealing, and it seems you asked that same question about it being suspicious that none of knew, but even though I do not know the others personally, I might have the answer you seek.

Short answer: Laziness
Long answer: The online world isn't the same as real life. In real life you know your friends pretty well, but online, most have 100's of friends and don't even know most of them beyond a single time they interacted (I know this is true to most because 1. I do this exact thing 2. The stereotype of having 5000 facebook friends, with none of them being anyone you know personally is based on this concept.)

The same logic applies to groups, most people don't check steam groups because unless you created the group, or are really invested into the group, you won't care about what the group is doing.

If you would like more information, please contact me via steam or discord.

Many Thanks,
Quote Strife

edit: i said repeals instead of appeals
Post automatically merged:

Also I checked the imgur and I apparently messed up the screenshots and forgot to take one of Mifil asking which account to unban (mine, my brothers, or both)

Here it is
Post automatically merged:

btw the strange farming acc was not some sort of aimbot, he just made an alt account on my old latitiude laptop and made it join a server while he killed it.

Last edited:

QuoteStrife

Oct 16, 2018
Edit: I want to clarify what I meant by other people appealing and you asking a question.

The "other people" that were appealing are not people that I know, I just wanted to know if I was doing the appeal correct (been a long time since I had done one) and saw that many ex-PanForLife group members also didn't know about the raid and wanted to be unbanned.

And what I meant by the question you asked the others as well as me was the
Does this not sound like someone who would take place in a raid like this? Or even have knowledge of it?

While you didn't say this thing verbatim to the other ex-panforlife members you said something of a similar stlye.

Sorry for any confusion

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Alright. I've decided to go ahead and unban you. Please make it your mission to stay away from this kind of shit. If this happens again, I can't imagine you'll be given another chance.

Appeal Accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.