Resolved I want to get alot of things cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

R4

Forum Extremist
Jul 11, 2017
But...That's their views on the matter. You cant devalue someone else's views because you think their just supporting someone they probably don't even know or do know. Unless you're talking about me and I really couldn't careless what this matter is about.

I'm asking they provide rationale to support what they are saying instead of just stating it's the truth and we should do it, which get's us nowhere. Stating that you want this without provided a single reason why does have no value.
The JB rules are based on reason not popular opinion.

R4

Forum Extremist
Jul 11, 2017
Whenever a warden tells the inmates to go to the blue line without detours or delays, there is a good reason as to why at least 90% of those inmates choose to go to the one closest to their cells. Despite no detours or delays not directly meaning as fast as possible, 90% of those players chose to go to the first blue line because they all interpret no detours or delays to mean as quickly as possible. If your goals are to make the rules common knowledge, than I think changing the definition of no detours or delays to mean as quickly as possible would easily contribute to that goal as this is something that constantly happens. I think this whole problem of reds going on other blu lines would be fixed easily. It would cause those players to not go where they're going, and reinforce the thoughts that the inmates at the first blue line have about no detours or delays.
People read different things from the same statement when it is unclear, you cannot make reds guess what the warden means, it's both unfair and encourages warden to give unclear orders. C
There is no issue to fix here, wardens need to give clear specific and fair orders that's the whole point, if they don't and reds choose to be smart with the rules then that's the wardens issue. It's not a problem for the server.

R4

Forum Extremist
Jul 11, 2017
It isn't because you dissagree with certain arguements that those arguements aren't valid. There are people whom are agreeing with given reasons so maybe you can open up to the fact not everyone has the same thought about certain rules and thus you should allow people to discuss about it instead of shutting them down in such a rude way claiming "it's not an actual point or reason". I told you before that your view doesn't mean is wrong but at the same time it doesn't mean others their view are wrong either. It can be interpreted differently, hence why this thread was made.

Admins should not be forced either to be active when on a server. If something comes inbetween for them to go afk for a certain time, regardless it being a minute to take a leak or half an hour because getting called away from the PC thinking it'll be less than a minute but you get ordered to go the store now or something (I'm assuming not all admins live at their own place yet). And as said before, it's perfect to notice who is doing a good job with given power (as Warden or donator) and who should not be allowed to have any power. Because it's harder to get evidence on a situation if it has passed and the context is missing in pictures.
Please don't strawman me, I did not state or indicate anything you said in the below paragraph.
What I did say is that people should try provide actual points in support of their arguments, people chiming in saying they agree with something is meaningless and not worth discussion.

So instead of saying "I really think killing reds at any time should be allowed", people should say something like "We should allow killing reds because they are terrible people and it's fair". See the difference?

Please actually read my posts before accusing me of not taking others views into account, since you are literally not taking my view into account when you just misread my posts and accuse me of doing so.

Once again, admins should not AFK on the servers. A quick leak is okay and the ocassional longer stretch is fine but regularly AFKing for hours on the server as some admins used to do and I assume still do is unacceptable.
Doing so prevents users from calling other admins using the !admin commands among other issues.

Once again, players act much better when they think they are being watched by staff. Back when I was a superadmin, I regularly spied on candidates for the admin position. Nearly all of them acted worse when they thought they weren't being watched.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
I understand the intent behind this thread being made, and it's in the right place and everything, but there's always gonna be someone picking something about the rules, myself included, because something isn't said the right way, isn't recorded in a way that's easily understood by everyone, or for some other entirely unimportant reason; the rules are as they are because everything there makes enough sense that there's very little that needs changing, if anything at all, until it gets updated again with an addendum or change to a current rule.

i just made a 5 line sentence lmao

ephemeral ♡

Popular Member
Aug 7, 2018
but like, why?
I'm asking they provide rationale to support what they are saying instead of just stating it's the truth and we should do it, which get's us nowhere. Stating that you want this without provided a single reason why does have no value.
Which,I'm not disagreeing with. I'm saying this statement "Try making actual points and giving reasons for why things should be changed instead" Comes off as rude to me.

R4

Forum Extremist
Jul 11, 2017
Which,I'm not disagreeing with. I'm saying this statement "Try making actual points and giving reasons for why things should be changed instead" Comes off as rude to me.
Well tough frankly, the statement is valid and clearly conveys what I am trying to say.
If you find it rude then power to you I guess, it doesn't really concern me.

Status
Not open for further replies.