• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Ideas for organizing Suggestions subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
So as you can see there are six pages of suggestions in this subforum and I'd like for that to change, for the sake of organization and so that ideas can be sorted through. Here are some ideas:

New rule: If a suggestion doesn't gain support within the first 1-2 months of it's posting, then it shall be considered denied and therefore closed.

This will take care of the suggestions posted that gain little support and fall into obscurity (some examples being https://wonderland.tf/threads/thinking.1835/, https://wonderland.tf/threads/change-the-x1000-orange-server-maps.2644/, and https://wonderland.tf/threads/can-this-map-add-new-zm-map-in-zm-server.2786/). If a suggestion doesn't gain significant support within such a large timespan of 30-60 days, then it is probably not a suggestion that will be approved. Just looking at some accepted suggestions, they are able to gain lots of traction and be accepted within a timeframe such as this.

Add thread prefixes "Pending," "To-Do," "Accepted (Implemented?)," and "Denied."

This was something on the old IPS forums that I really enjoyed, as it was really organized and worked well to catalog all the threads in the Suggestions subforum. We could even create "sub-sub" forums of "Accepted" (for "To-Do" and "Implemented" suggestions) and "Denied" (for...well..."Denied" suggestions), as while you are able to search threads by forum prefixes, I never felt like this was a commonly known fact, especially for newbies to the forums who may be having trouble grasping how to use the website in the first place.

Feel free to contribute organization suggestions of your own.

Last edited:

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
London :D
Add thread prefixes "Pending," "To-Do," "Accepted (Implemented?)," and "Denied."

This will definitely be useful to organise the forums, although "Pending" may get confused with admin applications. Due to that reason, I would like to suggest a prefix of "Suggestion" instead, just like reports have their own prefix of "Report".

New rule: If a suggestion doesn't gain support within the first 1-2 months of it's posting, then it shall be considered denied and therefore closed.

I agree with this but I think the staff members need to spend more time on the forums reading and replying to these suggestions. I did a quick skim-through of the 6 pages and a worrying amount of threads have less than 4 or 5 replies on them. Many have 0! It's part of a staff member's job as a forum administrator to look at these sorts of posts and reply to them. If more of these threads got replies, they would have received some attention and not be left at the bottom of the pile and forgotten. This way, ridiculous suggestions could have been denied much more quickly and popular suggestions would have been accepted more swiftly, resulting with no necessity of this rule suggestion.

In the suggestions tab, there is only an archived sub-forum. I want to suggest an "Accepted" and "Denied" sub-forum. This way people who are planning on suggesting something can check the denied sub-forum to make sure it hasn't already been proposed.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Bump.

I agree with this but I think the staff members need to spend more time on the forums reading and replying to these suggestions. I did a quick skim-through of the 6 pages and a worrying amount of threads have less than 4 or 5 replies on them. Many have 0! It's part of a staff member's job as a forum administrator to look at these sorts of posts and reply to them. If more of these threads got replies, they would have received some attention and not be left at the bottom of the pile and forgotten. This way, ridiculous suggestions could have been denied much more quickly and popular suggestions would have been accepted more swiftly, resulting with no necessity of this rule suggestion.
This has been noted, as you've probably seen I (and others) have been sorting through many suggestions recently.

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
i feel like these are all good idea's

i have an idea to have a thread detailing what has been suggested and if they are already accepted/implemented or denied to hell so some people won't unknowingly suggest something that was implemented or denied

the only issue with this idea is that it would always have to be edited and it would be annoying to edit a thread of suggestions every time
a suggestion is pending, implemented, or denied (i suppose replies could detail what has been added or denied)

of course it would be pinned, and only staff can reply to it

but anyways its my idea, its probably not interesting but i think it would help out

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
i feel like these are all good idea's

i have an idea to have a thread detailing what has been suggested and if they are already accepted/implemented or denied to hell so some people won't unknowingly suggest something that was implemented or denied

the only issue with this idea is that it would always have to be edited and it would be annoying to edit a thread of suggestions every time
a suggestion is pending, implemented, or denied (i suppose replies could detail what has been added or denied)

of course it would be pinned, and only staff can reply to it

but anyways its my idea, its probably not interesting but i think it would help out
what was my point one month ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.