If you had power over TF2's updates, what would you change?

Do you like my weapon balance ideas?

• Total voters

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
This isn't a buff or nerf, but I'd certainly have more support given to community servers. For example, an option in quickplay where you can queue for community servers running certain maps you want to go to. I'd also add the options to queue for non-official maps that are running a stock gamemode along with being able to queue for community-made gamemodes such as VSH, Deathrun, etc. Perhaps, even being able to queue for specific community-made gamemodes (only the popular ones, and then maybe a Misc. category).

I'd also possibly add a penalty for continously leaving Casual games midway, like after leaving maybe 3-5 games in a certain period of time, you would get a short block on playing casual that'd be 30 min - 1 hour, and longer and longer as a user met the qualifications for more and more bans. This would discourage users from leaving a game just becaues their team was losing, as unfortunately this is a common trend in casual and one that can ruin games.

There's more I could think of but I don't feel like writing a lot. :p

This isn't a buff or nerf, but I'd certainly have more support given to community servers. For example, an option in quickplay where you can queue for community servers running certain maps you want to go to. I'd also add the options to queue for non-official maps that are running a stock gamemode along with being able to queue for community-made gamemodes such as VSH, Deathrun, etc. Perhaps, even being able to queue for specific community-made gamemodes (only the popular ones, and then maybe a Misc. category).

I'd also possibly add a penalty for continously leaving Casual games midway, like after leaving maybe 3-5 games in a certain period of time, you would get a short block on playing casual that'd be 30 min - 1 hour, and longer and longer as a user met the qualifications for more and more bans. This would discourage users from leaving a game just becaues their team was losing, as unfortunately this is a common trend in casual and one that can ruin games.

There's more I could think of but I don't feel like writing a lot. :p

The Casual penalty is something I really hope actually gets added. I cannot count the times I enter a casual server and it's 8 players against 4 because people keep quitting.

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
- Revert the Baby Face's Blaster to its original stats (no boost lost on damage and instead see about fixing the Scout outrunning his hitbox).
- Fix the Back Scatter to: either do crits rather than mini-crits or redesign the weapon as a whole.
- Buff the Sun-On-A-Stick to block more fire damage while active, making it viable.
- Buff the Battalion's Backup to block backstabs when buff is active.
- Nerf the afterburn damage of weapons back to 3 instead of 4 (since the buff Valve did has made flare guns and W+M1 Pyros pretty OP).
- Revert the Panic Attack to its original stats (shots stored like Beggar's Bazooka).
- Revert the Cleaner's Carbine to its original stats (mini-crits on kill rather than charge).
- Buff the Ambassador so that all crits still deal 102 damage but the range restriction still exists.

- A new MVM tour for certain.
- Restricting players leaving in casual can be awkward with different game modes. Take CTF not having a timer for example, they can go on for hours.
- And of course new weapons.

Mr. Rampage

Forum Activist
Jul 25, 2017
United States
I would probably add more pdf skins for the engineer, (cause there's only one) and modify them so that the console would look different to go along with the skin something like this.
28UWU.jpg

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Another idea I got (from SuperGuard's mention of adding another MvM tour):

Add another Wave 666-esque tour (I.e different MvM map, but a challenging and long round where you get 5000 money at the start like Wave 666). I think many people would be interested to do this, since a lot of people like the existing Wave 666. Perhaps even have it so you could gain item rewards and a badge for completing this.

Cooking Hot Topics

Popular Member
Feb 4, 2018
Pink guy to Joji
What I would personally do with it :
1.) Lower the time for damage build of crit from 20 seconds to 10 seconds. (To reduce the chance from being op)
2.) A MVM update of somekind, I would need to think about this more. Besides more australium and Golden weapons, also to increase the chance of a Golden Frying Pan drop
3.) Put more set bonuses
4.) Weapon balances

Here they are.

Baby Face's blaster
^ The weapon sucks shit, so I would change it like this
[+] Max boost now makes Scout move 520 Hammer units regardless.
[+]Remove Boost loss on double jump
[+] Clip size penalty removed
[+] More damage must be taken to reduce your boost to 0% (From 25 damage to 100 damage)
[+] Afterburn immunity
[+] Fire rate increase by 25%
[-] Reduced base damage by 15 % (89 base damage from 105)
[-] 25% damage vulnerability on wearer
[-] 30% move speed penalty without boost

Panic attack
^ Isn't enough of a meme, must change
[=] Readded autofire all clips
[=] Starts with 0 clips again
[+] Changed deploy bonus to 66% faster.
[+] Holster time changed to 45% faster
[+] 20% faster fire rate
[+] Faster reload rate by 40%
[+] 50% more bullets per-shot
[-] 40% clip size pentalty (From 6 clips to 4)
[-] Damage penalty by 20% (Reducing the ability to spam it from the distance
[-] Weapon spread increased by a 35% (same as above)

Short Circuit
^ It's still pretty poor against the wrangler, so this balance choice is to make it a better choice. To give it a run for it's money.
[+] Pierces thru resistance effects, like the wrangler's.
[+] Primary fire has increased range and homes into nearby targets, can hit up-to 4 targets at a time, and priorty is sorted by the most health.
[+] Energy ball now does 40 damage per tick
[+] Energy ball now travels furthur
[+] Alt-fire now takes 35 metal to fire
[+] Primary fire now has increased damage and takes 1 metal to fire (Does 20 per hit, the more targets damage gets split in between them, 5 damage when 4 targets are hit, 10 when 3, 15 when 2, and 20 when 1.
[-] Less metal from ammo boxes and dispensers, to reduce ball spam.
[-] Ball does crits when reflected at your team.

Hot hand
^ The thot hand needs some changes, it sucks. So we need this meme to revive from the 2 micro-seconds of spotlight it got.
[+] Increased damage when hit with both slaps (Base Melee damage is 65, when hit with both slaps, it does 80)
[+] Increased melee attack range by 37% (Eyelander range)
[+] When crits land it does 1 powerful slap.
[+] Gain a bigger speed boost on hit (Speed increased by 30%)
[-] Crit damage is decreased, due to the absence of the second slap.
[-] First slap has a 15% damage penalty
[-] 15% movement speed penalty when active

Soda Popper
^ This weapons sucks, but yet it's good. I think it needs more going for it, it has literally 0 knockback, making your enemy able to double jump without a single flinch in the air.
[=] Weapon is reverted back to Scattergun stats for the time being.
[+] Added hype meter
[+] Hype meter needs 300 damage to fully charge
[+] Hype meter increases crit chance by 20% and increases air control and speed, along with 3 additional double jumps while active.
[+] 60% faster reload rate
[+] 50% faster firing speed
[+] 10% more knockback pershot, each shot increases knockback by 5%, rewarding the accurate.
[-] 66% less clip size
[-] 15% Damage penalty
[-] 10% more bullet spread

Custom weapon stats for a Heavy sandvich I have come up with
^ This doesn't exist on any weapon and most likely won't be used, but still. It would be pretty funny to see
On eat : You gain a mini-uber that makes you 99% more resistant to all attacks and increases fire-rate, max ammo, and movement speed by 40%, you also take 40% more damage from crits. You take 5000% more damage from headshots, and get 15% more healing from healing sources (Medics, healthpacks, dispensers, and etc) This lasts for 12 seconds
When the effects wear off :
You have 100% less movement speed (You cannot move) for 3 seconds
Your minigun fires 80% slower for 5 seconds
You take full crits
And you cannot be healed by any Medic sources for the time being.
When in the middle of eating this sandvich you get instantly killed by all attacks.

In the end, this sandvich is OP, but if the opposite team has support and variety (Kirtz Medics, Spies, and Snipers.)
It gets a run for it's money, but if the team can support this heavy they are unbeatable, also made to get rid of spawncamp, tho it would be a problem if 12 heavies all had this and just went out at 2fort and shoot everything, but the downsides even kind of balance this. A bit overdone tho.

What would you do with a TF2 update?

Siphon

Idk anymore
Jul 21, 2017
United States of America
Me Personally think the Short Circuit is fine, However The Left click is a sight for sore eyes, I think they do need to change just that of the weapon then I can consider it a decent weapon.

My idea is the left click shouldn't be an electric stream, but would be the right click it had before but it doesn't remove projectiles, it does not detect invisible spys, and does more damage (10-15%)

MvM deserves a massive update, because I feel its another version of capture the flag with one set point which they have to touch to win and it also used a version of the matchmaking UI we had previous to the jungle inferno update. It also never got an update that was major recently.

One more thing, I like the Panic attack the way it is now, even though its a regular shotgun that does basically the same thing as the stock, It's weapon switch speed however is useful for Pyro and Engineer if you get attacked so suddenly, I didn't like the load clip feature but that's just personal preference.

Smiley

May 19, 2018
Poland
Well... I would change (repair or add):
- hitboxes (I never met a person not annoyed by facestabs.)
- competetive (I would add: 12v12)
- MvM (new maps, improving gameplay and better prize for beating a map)
- casual (I wouldn't change joing and anything like that but I would add rewards for winning and rewars for leveling up.)

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
change the thermal thruster to make the player unable to do some objectives (similar to the jumper items)

(edit: it just pisses me off when people use it for CTF, its an unfair advantage!)

Last edited: