• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Rampage

Forum Activist
Jul 25, 2017
United States
Now here's a question. Should I try my hand at making a real life Rancho Relaxo (One you can sit in and folds up into a tool box)? I'm currently training to be either a mechanical or electrical engineer so its not too far outside the realm of what I could do. Problem is It'll probably take a while. . . Some parts need tweaking as they don't fold properly but it'll look like the rancho relaxo for the most part. Keep in mind however, its very difficult and I'm pretty busy at school so it is possible I may not be able to do it. . . :(
250px Taunt Rancho RelaxoMaxresdefault

Aldash

Forum Extremist
Aug 12, 2017
Scotland
The area couldn't fit inside that box. If you are wanting to make just a model getting the metal that is thick enough can be very expensive. Also, the bar in the middle means if your center of gravity shifts a little you are fucked.

I mean if you can, fuck it go for it i am just saying shit that i think wont work :D

Mr. Rampage

Forum Activist
Jul 25, 2017
United States
The area couldn't fit inside that box. If you are wanting to make just a model getting the metal that is thick enough can be very expensive. Also, the bar in the middle means if your center of gravity shifts a little you are fucked.

I mean if you can, fuck it go for it i am just saying shit that i think wont work :D

I see what you mean, although there are some pretty darn big toolboxes almost a foot wide that I've seen here and there. Not saying this is all possible, just that in order to do something like this i'm gonna have to cut corners. And I'll most likely not use metal for it, I'd most likely use a strong, light weight wood painted to look like metal. thanks for the feed back though!

Status
Not open for further replies.