Is boston basher OP?

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
Think of the shiv sniper has, but instead of a damage penalty (scouts melee damage is weak anyway) you hit yourself on miss, including bleeding damage.

It's good for building uber (on that rare instance you get a medic on your casual server, can get good damage if you're the ubered patient)
Maybe if you don't have a killbind you can use that
I tried jumping with it but no luck

Just use kirby's soul AKA the atomizer

Reactions: Nir

Tonic

Reconnected
★ Donor ★
Nov 9, 2019
The Edge of the World
Well, bleed damage won't stack. Meaning every time you hit, the counter just resets. I mean if you can land all hits consistently and space out hits to let the bleed damage take course, it can be pretty good. If not though don't bother with the Basher.

FrogDispenser

Apr 14, 2020
OP implies that in any situation, this weapon will always be better than what the other person has. People say weapons like The Ambassador or Direct hit are OP and "a crutch" but the whole gimmick of the weapon is that it has a high bar for entry to use correctly. The Ambassador requires you to aim, the direct hit requires you to get...direct hits, and the basher requires you to place your melee hits wisely, you can't just swing it around all willy nilly like other scout melees, and the weapon rewards you for this in the form of bleed damage. Boston Basher is not OP, find ways to move the scout away from you and you will have less trouble with this weapon.

Reactions: BonkMaykr
D

Deleted member 8006

N o

If you miss, you pretty much die. Even at a high skill level, the hitbox might screw up and you somehow missed a perfect hit, which gets you killed.

However, if you hit, you do a lot of damage to the enemy.

It's a high risk/high reward weapon, so I think it's pretty balanced.