Status
Not open for further replies.

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
Y'all know what time it is dawg. It's April, almost May, and ya know it's almost Summer Break for the kiddos. Summer Break means more new players and such.

The bad part about this time of season is, that it's application season. We going to see new people, but y'all know were going to see some more applications rolling through.

Since this is off-topic, I'm going to make a survival guide-ish or dumb post about the stereotypes you see (No examples will be given, for, I'm 2lazy for that.)

1. The, "I don't have enough forum posts, but I promise that I can be active on forums more" kinda guy.
These mates are RUTHLESS. They got out of their way just to make a forum account for an application, but they rushed to the point where they didn't realize that they needed more posts, and they realize this mid-way into typing their application. And since these caffeine-rigged minds can't tell what to do, instead of just, not writing it and saving a draft for later, instead these mates decide to still make an application, only to find themselves, as they knew it, getting denied. Most likely made their forum account and application within the same day.

2. The, "I'm famous and people know me" kinda guy.
We all know these people. About 50% of them get accepted into staff. And, why only 50% of this rare breed get accepted is because they aren't famous in a, good light. They, at first, seem like a good person, but then later their reputation starts to cripple from a good, to a bad one. In this instance, they keep their fame, but they don't keep their glory. Usually these people get their applications "neutral" and then they don't get accepted until they make a forum post later whenever possible again, only to find them in the same 50/50 case they were in, when they made their original post.

3. The, "I was active (sometimes former staff) and I swear I can be active again" kinda guy.
These people, are almost as ruthless as #1, but, at least these people have brains in their head. These mates strive to go for what they could've gone for in the past, but they know wouldn't of happened. (Unless, former staff, in which case explained later.) These mates will stop at nothing to still make an application, even though they well know THEMSELVES that they will NOT be active and they promise to. Now, for the former staff portion, these mates will also maybe try to pick back their spot at staff, but they've been inactive ever since they retired/got kicked off staff. They search for their former glory, but only find disappointment.

4. The, "I'm good at English, and rated mine 8/10-10/10 because it's my 'native language' guys" kinda guy.
If you read applications, you know these savages are out there. They stalk like a normal, average human, but whenever they feel like they're ready to drop all their sauce at once, they hit up an applications that SHOULD be without red-lined errors, to someting like - dis guys becaue i know the langueage and i dont need to try and impress- kinda people. These guys always have very improper English when making an application, with no proper spelling, punctuation, OR even proper grammar at all. THEY DON'T EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THE RED LINES THAT APPEAR WHEN EDITING THEIR APPLICATION. It's barely takes any effort and if you really wanna try to be impressive, maybe you should try and take a moment to at least look at a red line under your damn words, or hell, even read something out loud.

5. The, "Generic rushed application" kinda guy.
I put this last on my list cause, we all know these kinda people, and these kinda people can apply to those listed above too. It's as says. They make a rushed application with barely any response to questions in the outline. These kinda people feel like applications are a "spray and pray" kinda thing. They just answer and wait for a response that they know will prob be a hit or miss. They don't take effort to realize that they can answer as much as they can, and a large app only helps you, unless, of course it's too long. Sometimes, these kinda people might wanna say something like "I don't know if ---- should be in my application" but they mention it anyway, as if they need someone to check on them to be able to know what to do. If it's an application, you do what you gotta do, and you put what you need to. If it fits into what they're asking, then common sense tells you that you should've probably said it anyway.

This is just a large, complex survival guide of a few of the species that roam around during this application hunting season. Make sure you guys are on the lookout for these people that would probably get their application declined.

Disclaimer, in no way is this an insult to those who are bold enough to make applications, and in no way is this an insult to some people who have fallen for these stereotypes in such a hunting season. I am still in full respect of those in staff that have gotten accepted, and I am in full respect for those that have gotten declined, yet, still take attempts to join staff.

Keep your wits about you.

Reactions: purple

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
yeah accurate, i hate to say im one of these people right now
Ray said the same thing, the disclaimer means for those who usually get their apps declined n stuff

why did such a troll post like this actually become a discussion-able thing, literally I put this in off-topic for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.