Resolved Jailbreak Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bung

Forum Activist
Jul 15, 2018
Good to know. I've been freekilled plenty of times for doing so.
Post automatically merged:

While your here is it last guard kills all for a freeday?
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
London :D
Can I please have an explanation as to why attempting to break into armoury is not KOS?

That's like saying attempting to break into a bank is completely legal as long as you don't take any money...

On a freeday, blues are already outnumbered by reds and a blue is not even allowed to protect the entrance to armoury? Once that vent is broken, it's game over for the blues...

Neliel

Laureline
★ Donor ★
Nov 26, 2018
the ISS
Can I please have an explanation as to why attempting to break into armoury is not KOS?

That's like saying attempting to break into a bank is completely legal as long as you don't take any money...

On a freeday, blues are already outnumbered by reds and a blue is not even allowed to protect the entrance to armoury? Once that vent is broken, it's game over for the blues...
You kinda said it yourself. It's more like opening the banks door then breaking in. "entrance to armoury"

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
You kinda said it yourself. It's more like opening the banks door then breaking in. "entrance to armoury"

Honestly, not really. The analogy was meant to talk about the vault itself. It's illegal for a customer to break open the bank vault, right? The armoury is basically that. Anyways, disregard the analogy.

Just like door blocking on the armoury is KOS because you are leaving armoury open for other reds (and also it counts as being inside armoury), opening the vent should also be KOS since again, you are leaving the armoury open for reds to storm in. It just makes it unnecessarily hard for blues to control the round otherwise.

Neliel

Laureline
★ Donor ★
Nov 26, 2018
the ISS
You have a good point that it's harder for blus to control who enters or not. But the whole point of jb is reds rebelling. Take that fun away and everyone will want to go blu. I try to see breaking in the same way as opening, after all it's not KOS if reds brake glass... But if it's the breaking part that bothers you, shouldn't tardis not be KOS then?

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
It's any form of intentionally attempting to break into armoury which should be KOS. That is why entering Tardis is KOS because once you've entered, you have access to armoury bit hitting one button. In the same way, you have access to armoury by hitting the vent. In the same way you have access to armoury by door blocking it.

Furthermore, I don't believe that by changing the rule to make hitting the vent on top of armoury KOS, the game will be any less fun for reds. It will not stop some of them from even breaking it. If anything it will make it even more fun as rebellers now have to come up with ingenious and sneaky ways to get ammo. Breaking the vent on top of armoury is easy and the round just gets boring and repetitive once every red has gone in to get ammo. I'm saying this from experience as in my old community, hitting the vent was KOS and reds started to find sneaky ways to break the vent or find other ways to get ammo. Which just made the game a little more fun IMO.

Reactions: TheMinecraftPoke
Status
Not open for further replies.