Jailbreak Reccomendations

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by pew pew, Jun 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. pew pew

pew pew Member ★

Hello. Ever since i've started playing Jailbreak on Wonderland, i've noticed a few things that I think should be changed to improve experience.

!fire Command
    I've noticed that the !fire command to fire warden, majority of the time, will require more votes than there are players in the server. I think changing the ammount of votes required to fire warden, should be atleast the majority of people on the server (85% maybe?).

Newcomers
    Newcomers to jailbreak don't know lots of rules. Them looking at rules, will only happen if someone tells them to. These people break rules that they don't know exist, and people get angry at them (ex. mass freekill, freekill when they're baiting ect.). If there is a way to include a time limit, like the hours you've played on the server that would exclude you from being a Guard, (An example would be, if you don't have more than 5+ hours on the server, you can't go on BLU) that'll be a pretty nice feature

2. Khaz

Khaz Member ★

5 hours seems a bit excessive, I think it would drive away people more than increase the quality of players, take down to 1.5 - 2 hours and I'd be on board with that.

3. pew pew

pew pew Member ★

I guess that'll be fine. 5 hours was an example, but now that you say it, it does seem a bit too much

4. bappo

bappo Member ★

To your first point; The !fire command will be abused if required players voting is set too low, i agree that the !fire command is ideally for wardens who dont know what they're doing, but in reality people abuse it far too often for it to be a good thing.

On your second point; It's basically impossible to verify a player to be an ideal guard/warden, on one hand they could be new to the servers but have played a ton of jailbreak in the past on other servers, this would mean that setting that "timer" too high would be annoying to deal with and could "scare" them away. On the other hand, new players to the mode who have no idea what they're doing either, dont care about/dont know the current set of rules could easily make a mistake if that bar is set too low.

So you cant set it too high, but not too low either, that creates a major problem. If you were to SUCCESSFULLY implement such a thing you really have to hit the elusive g-spot within timers. All-in-all i suggest just not implementing such a thing. The gamemode has been out since early days of CS:S, so 99% of the time people just dont give a shit about the rules. To close this off, i've played jailbreak for roughly 1000 out of my ~1800 TF2 hours, thats not including CS:S and CS:GO hours as well, during this time i've administrated jailbreak servers as well, for a combined period of roughly ~3-4 years. I've gathered that restricting the players behind a "time-lock" just results in a horrible experience and no player-base/regulars, instead i'd just suggest taking jailbreak as it is, a shitshow of a gamemode with 13 year olds screaming into the mic about anything and people who join just to freekill and "have fun".

5. pew pew

pew pew Member ★

I get what you're saying, again, these are only my reccomendations. If they were gong to be added, most likely they would get changed heavily. I agree with all you're saying, though, helping gameplay a bit needs to happen sometime soon right? I don't expect the developers to add these in, but I just gave a reccomendation, to see what other people think (Probably should've put that in my post). If you disagree, it's fine and I look foward to what you have to say, it helps me see how people think on this community, getting a better understanding of what it's like.

6. Xypher

Xypher Owner Owner ★★★

the !fire command will be fixed in the next update
    as for the newcomer thing, that would probably drop the jb population

7. <2F F> Captain Maxxy

<2F F> Captain Maxxy Chess Master ★ VIP ★

How about at least giving players who connect a message telling them to not go blu unless they have mic and accepts to be warden and that if they're unsure about the rules check out forum?

also i agree with Xypher, newcomer thing will just be bad. Sometimes people only come to play for a little bit so they might not say long each session and sometimes people want to just be guard a few rounds and then leave.

so say you really want to be warden for half an hour and you join wln.tf jailbreak only to find out you need 1 hour to go guard. you'll probably leave that server and find another one, ya?

8. pew pew

pew pew Member ★

Right, though I doubt any of my reccomendations would get added. I agree with what you're saying, the Newcomer thing is bad, but maybe they can atleast add something to counter mass freekillers? It does get annoying from time to time

9. <2F F> Captain Maxxy

Yeah don't take it the wrong way, those are good suggestions but they just doesn't seem to work. : )

yeah something to counter mass freekilling should be added but its hard to make something to stop that from happening
    while protecting those who kill a lot of people who actually did rebel or misheard orders.

10. Khaz

Khaz Member ★

The problem is a majority won't pay attention to it and will just do what they want anyway, just like they do now with the rules

11. <2F F> Captain Maxxy

While that is true there must be someone who just doesn't check forum rules and it would probably help a few people out.

and it would really give people no excuse to being guard without mic if mic check and so on.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice