Jailbreak rulings discussion thread

R4

Honorary Member ★
As I see it, the backroom of armory is considered an extension of armory because it's almost directly connected to the armory (after touching the wall it is truly connected). Restricting the backroom makes sense to me, and I have no intention of questioning that validity; however, I am curious as to what the reasoning is for restricting it, to see how that reasoning applies towards other aspects in the game. I don't particularly understand why the vents couldn't also be restricted, as in my mind, all entrances to the armory should be restricted equally. If you aren't allowed to be in the back room of armory, and you aren't allowed to keep the main armory door open, why should a red be allowed to permanently open the vents to armory?
Wow actually missed this post, regardless.

You are conflating two different things here, the backroom is literally part of the armoury merely another subroom of it.
That's entirely different to something like the vents which is an entrace, so making vents makes no sense.
In fact, it'd make far more sense to just not ban the backroom than ban vents.

They are opening vents, vents are not part of the armoury. Even if you are talking about parts of the armoury, there's literally no fair justification for banning them as disucssed above.
Breaking a breakable does not automatically mean they will rebel, we only punish on what they actually do not intent.

LUV

ɢᴏyᴀʀᴅ ɢᴏᴅ
★ VIP ★
  • Similarly you cannot tell them to crouch the whole day therefore meaning they can't chat and order them to not speak on mic.

I suggest that this ruling be removed due to it creating lots of confusion on whether or not crouch day can be done.

The ruling right above the one regarding crouch day states that REDs can’t be stripped of any form of communication.
Players still are capable of using regular text chat even when the warden muted inmates/all players or has ordered players to be off mic. All wardens I’ve witnessed doing crouch day allow players to uncrouch or stop in place whenever they feel the need to use chat.

Regarding the crouching for the whole round, the only time I’ve seen wardens forcing inmates to crouch for the entirety of a round was when a custom last request stated it.

I’ve encountered various players through my many hours of playing spreading false information about crouch day not being able to be done since players can’t use any form of chat. When I was new to the jailbreak gamemode, I even fell for the same misconception and thought for a short while that crouch day wasn’t allowed.

EDIT: ordering players to be off mic.

Last edited:

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
Admin ★
  • Similarly you cannot tell them to crouch the whole day therefore meaning they can't chat and order them to not speak on mic.

I suggest that this ruling be removed due to it creating lots of confusion on whether or not crouch day can be done.

The ruling right above the one regarding crouch day states that REDs can’t be stripped of any form of communication.
Players still are capable of using regular text chat even when the warden muted inmates/all players or has ordered players to be off mic. All wardens I’ve witnessed doing crouch day allow players to uncrouch or stop in place whenever they feel the need to use chat.

Regarding the crouching for the whole round, the only time I’ve seen wardens forcing inmates to crouch for the entirety of a round was when a custom last request stated it.

I’ve encountered various players through my many hours of playing spreading false information about crouch day not being able to be done since players can’t use any form of chat. When I was new to the jailbreak gamemode, I even fell for the same misconception and thought for a short while that crouch day wasn’t allowed.

EDIT: ordering players to be off mic.
I completely agree with this. It can be incredibly misleading to newer players that have come from other servers that crouch day is restricted, even though it is not. However, not many people are aware of the +duck in console which would allow for constant chat communications. I've always done it so that if you need to stand in order to communicate, It was allowed.

*Edit* Also nice necro :blobnomcookie:

Eight

★ VIP ★
The ruling provides good clarification that you can not give orders that would prohibit chat and mic usage simultaneously. There's nothing wrong with the language of the ruling either, the "and" specifies that you can not meet both of those clauses (crouch day and no mic usage) as warden, therefore disallowing that and any orders similiar to that.

Furthermore, we can't force users to change settings via console commands. Not only do many not know how to, but if you open the door for using +duck, you open the door for validity on orders that force users to use more complex and intricate console commands, which could easily lead to issues as console is the center for many game configs for users.

LUV

ɢᴏyᴀʀᴅ ɢᴏᴅ
★ VIP ★
The reason I necrobumped this thread was that a player was clarifying if crouch day was illegal recently in the Wonderland discord. Several staff members had to correct him, but that’s not why I’m making this post. One staff member was ill informed and thought crouch day couldn’t be done when inmates are muted or are told to get off mic.

B09AEDA0-7D32-4916-9719-AE38DBDD9353.jpeg 4AEEF73F-83DA-49BA-9C3C-6D0E903BC66C.png

As to why I didn’t include that inmates can simply do +duck in console to make it easier for themselves is that I was told that wardens can’t make REDs use console or plugin commands. I was also told that crouch day is to be handled as if REDs are holding down crouch themselves.

C92070E8-1742-4FB9-B74B-75B470025DFA.png

Even a staff member misinterpreted the ruling and thought crouch day couldn’t be done since it restricted communication, further proving my point that the ruling creates lots of confusion.

Last edited:

R4

Honorary Member ★
The ruling is clear as day, staff constantly get questions about dozens of different rules and players are constantly misinterpreting them.
That is not an excuse to remove rules if we did that we'd have none but the most basic rules left.

That Crouch day ruling was introduced by myself because contrary to what you are claiming, People did make reds do crouch day all day on a regular basis so much so it became a problem. Hence the ruling was introduced, now if there is some better way to word it then I'm sure the wording is open to change but there are very good reasons to not remove it.

Eight

★ VIP ★
Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, Walnuts was correct. If reds are disallowed from using mic and then told to do crouch day, that's a clear violation of the rule as reds can't use chat (crouch day) and can't use mic (muted/ordered not to).