• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined jailbreak: trolldier viability

?

• yessir

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • no (pls tell why D:)

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
soldier (market garden):
buff market gardener to do more than 200 damage with rocket jump crits.
reasoning: rocket jumper soldier is a really fun class. it's mobile, etc, but it's very weak.
by buffing the market gardener, it will have the potential to one-shot kill the most picked class; demoman. (demomen in red usually wear the boots primary, adding +25 to their health pool. total of 200.)
soldier with a market gardener is a high-risk and difficult class. Right now, one hit from the market gardener only does 195 damage, leaving demomen with only 5 health left.
it will rlly compensate for the skill needed to perform the market garden hit. i hope u will consider it.

and no.. it's not overpowered.

Last edited:

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
just get good lol
i'm not bad at trolldier. i can hit some shots here and there, and i am getting better. it's just rlly frustrating to land a shot and the dude is literally 5 health left.
your opinion shouldn't really matter at all if you're just going to talk shit and not hand over any logic whatsoever.
shame on you : (

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Tbh, even if it was buffed, the disadvantage you put yourself at by relying just on the market gardener wouldn't ever really justify buffing it. I think it can stay how it is.

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
i mean like its fun and all but more classes are viable that with a "melle that crits with skill"

it's all about opening more class selections. just by making the trolldier viable, it'll make the server a much more diverse and fun place.
it doesn't matter how many classes are better.
engineer, buffed in the latest log, still doesn't shine as much as heavy, etc. so what is your point?
the key here is opening more class selections.

Tbh, even if it was buffed, the disadvantage you put yourself at by relying just on the market gardener wouldn't ever really justify buffing it. I think it can stay how it is.

we can all agree that the trolldier isn't an S-tier class, but nor is it in the F-tier.
The trolldier, especially in jailbreak, shines more than you think.

the class has the most mobility of all 9, and is probably the most difficult class on jailbreak.
The class is always roaming. Really great for finding rebellers and navigating through the map.
It has an extremely high skill ceiling. You have the potential to win every duel, if you really are good.
But right now, it's impossible. The only way to fix that is by buffing the market gardener, in which will 100% compensate for that.

My point here is that the trolldier isn't a totally useless class as you think. it still benefits the blu team.
The better you are at rocket jumping, the more market gardener becomes efficient.
Pls look at it that way. It's simply rewarding those who do well, to actually do well.

plus.. it doesn't hurt to buff it right? it's not like a game-changer or anything

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
i agree with admins votes and somebody else's votes it should stay how it is
as in my mind Trolldiers are very annoying to me somehow i always get killed by them so much
it's so easy to counter trolldiers though. movement while air-strafing is very limited, so you can easily dodge them.
there are literally more cons than pros of trolldiers. there is a playlist even for this statement. watch the series.

and i did try to counter back the logic from the other people's votes. please go read the response and reconsider.
why should it stay how it is? -- what else is there that i have to say so i can convince you?

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
where did you pull this from? a skill test on 9yr olds?
this statement is false
Post automatically merged:
I didn't mean that statement of "every duel". i should have not written that. it's my fault.
please just ignore that i ever said that

However, i have dedicated alot of time to rocket jumping. I've went against alot of people. there are really difficult match-ups, such as heavies, etc, in which i would just avoid, but there is always that chance of winning under the right circumstances. It's not impossible at all.

Please don't tunnel-vision on the fact that i ever said that. What else do i have to say so i can convince you? throw them away ~

laptivv

sanity
★ Donor ★
Jan 1, 2020
England
Doesn't require to be overpowered in my opinion, no buffs needed just won't be fun, -1.

Furthermore, my vote will stay like this, just saying since yourself question like practically everyone or return to what others vote.

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
this suggestion stinks
because u bad at trolldier : - |
Post automatically merged:

Doesn't require to be overpowered in my opinion, no buffs needed just won't be fun, -1.

Furthermore, my vote will stay like this, just saying since yourself question like practically everyone or return to what others vote.
can u elaborate

Status
Not open for further replies.