• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Jailfort and its many problematic flaws

Status
Not open for further replies.

benz

MISSING IN ACTION.
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2018
California
Ever since Jailfort was added to servers with map rotation, lots of issues have arisen. The main problem is the TF Kart bridge. Its purpose is to kill whoever is on the bridge whenever it's being raised up so that it doesn't glitch out. However, many players have taken advantage of its "fix" to kill those who dare cross to the other side. Whoever gets into the tower first pretty much has the upper hand and is unstoppable. Those in the tower cannot be killed when inside the tower, they can create a barrier with the raised bridge and prevent people from being able to cross, and they are capable of killing those who step foot on the bridge. Those on the other side do have the ability to
lower the bridge with the emergency override button, but it doesn't do much to whoever is in the tower.

Everyone who has played the obstacle course on Jailfort has come across this one "bug" at one point of playing it. After completing the first obstacle, that being the sweeper, there is a strafe jump that needs to be done. When messing up on the strafe, those in the lava can simply crouch and it will null all further effects of fire damage. It also conceals the player, making them virtually impossible to figure out that they are even in the lava.

Steady Pace is another minigame on the map that has a significant flaw. Little does everyone know though that it can be exploited at the beginning of the game. At the first trap, players have to make a jump that puts them onto a podium. Unbeknownst to most, people who mess up on the jump and fall into the water can just crouch and it will prevent any further health loss. The water also conceals them when crouched. The same problem as the one in the obstacle course, really.

The yellow gate can also be of great nuisance to wardens and inmates alike. Those in the doorframe while it’s closing will lose health at an instantaneous rate. The main purpose is to prevent players from glitching the door and possibly breaking it. However, a new issue forms with the “fix.” Guards, and sometimes inmates, will intentionally close the door when the warden is attempting to get the REDs through the doors and it results in chaos. Ranging from drastic drops in health to straight-up death, it’s anything but beneficial.

Possible solutions:
  • Remove the TF Kart minigame
  • Elevate the floor for the lava part of obby
    • Same with the water portion in Steady Pace
  • Remove the yellow gates
  • Remove the map
I propose any of the above suggestions.

Reactions: Hypernova

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
First the balance fixes that needed to be done...

Now this...

Honestly I wouldn't be against just removing it at this point, as it seems to cause more trouble than it's worth. The only factor holding it back from removal for me is if it's significantly liked, but from my experience when we ran it in the past and on other communities, that's not the case, so I'm dubious it is here. On the contrary, most people seemed to vote against removing it when I suggested that in my previous suggestion about it and Chretein.

Reactions: benz and Hypernova

OwO The Destoyer

Jan 11, 2019
Most of these are easy fixes, as long as you could either convince the original owner to change it, or get a copy of the original .vmf file to then fix in hammer editor. It would be a shame to remove a perfectly good map from the rotation, but I do agree that these exploits can be pretty gamebreaking/super annoying, and if no other alternative can be achieved, then it would probably be best to remove the map.

Reactions: benz
Status
Not open for further replies.