• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined JB Rotation Suggestion

Remove Jb_minecraft from rotation servers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
I think that removing the minecraft jailbreak map from the normal rotation/voting would be a good idea, as there are many servers dedicated to the map, and the servers with rotation don't need it.

Reactions: pancakes_

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017

I get what you mean, but looking at Gametracker statistics on servers with map rotations, Minecraft seems to make up a decent portion of what is rotated on them {LA, UK, 7.0 - Custom Warden}. It's a popular, classic TF2 Jailbreak map, so honestly I am reluctant to remove it from rotation servers even though it is present 24/7 on others. I mean, some people may prefer to play on a given rotation server for better connection or just being used to playing on it, so it'd ruin having the map for them. Plus, some people may prefer the map in "smaller doses" as opposed to 24/7.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Well, rotations are based on votes, so if people want to play it then why remove it?
Same can be said the other way though, I suppose. Why not make them play servers that are readily available with their favorite map if they want to play it so bad, rather than disallow those who want to play on JB_CASUARINA or JB_WILDWEST for example? I think it's a case of people voting on what they're familiar with, rather than what is actually good. If it doesn't change, it's not a big deal. However, I think it would be beneficial.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Same can be said the other way though, I suppose. Why not make them play servers that are readily available with their favorite map if they want to play it so bad, rather than disallow those who want to play on JB_CASUARINA or JB_WILDWEST for example? I think it's a case of people voting on what they're familiar with, rather than what is actually good. If it doesn't change, it's not a big deal. However, I think it would be beneficial.
Well what people find "actually good" is subjective. Anyone voting for it on rotations must prefer to play it the most as opposed to other maps there.

Plus, I think whatever is voted has the right to be on the server. If most people voted Minecraft then well why force them to go somewhere else? It'd seem more logical in that situation to force the others to play on a server of their favorite map, but then again we only run 24/7 Jb_minecraft and Jb_minecraft_night, and their popularity is why.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Well what people find "actually good" is subjective. Anyone voting for it on rotations must prefer to play it the most as opposed to other maps there.

Plus, I think whatever is voted has the right to be on the server. If most people voted Minecraft then well why force them to go somewhere else? It'd seem more logical in that situation to force the others to play on a server of their favorite map, but then again we only run 24/7 Jb_minecraft and Jb_minecraft_night, and their popularity is why.
Maybe a solution would be a separate trial server in LA, as it's the most popular JB rotation server it seems, and remove those minecraft maps from there and see how the server does?

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Maybe a solution would be a separate trial server in LA, as it's the most popular JB rotation server it seems, and remove those minecraft maps from there and see how the server does?
I guess it's possible, but it could just split up the LA Jailbreak playerbase, and I'm also not sure if there's a free slot for a LA server anyway.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Preferably, a verdict on this should be based with a greater amount of votes/% than what is present now.

Declining if a lack of support after 48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.