• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined JB Suggestion: Abolishing Death Requests / Making Death Requests (DR) optional.

What do you think about the fate of Death Requests?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
I never really understood the purpose of a DR. The only way I see it, is as an additional way of "delaying" a JB round, thus annoying all the dead players waiting to respawn. Most DRs are either way too long, or just a small but unnecessary detour to a finished round.

Therefore I think that wardens should have the right to decide whether the last living non-rebelling prisoner deserves to earn a death request.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
A death request is a reward to the last remaining Red. I don't know about others, but I believe a death request is what jailbreak leads to, as the last remaining prisoner, it's your reward for being compliant and following the rules that you get one.

Typically I just go for the obvious "BLUs AFK AFM" and then kill them all in a matter of seconds to finish off the round, or I killbind just because I'd rather choose my last request and get the next round started. Other last REDs can also do the same if they wish to skip a death request.

I believe the way death requests are done is fine the way they are. What's the fun in choosing a last request and then subsequently getting killed for being the last good-behaving prisoner?

Don't get me wrong, I do see where you're getting at with the delaying, especially since the death request timer has recently been removed. But unless the last RED is purposefully AFK'ing for like a minute, or doing a marathon of the map with no intention to choose a death request, I don't see the problem.

Green.

Maniac
Dec 7, 2019
Algeria
I never really understood the purpose of a DR. The only way I see it, is as an additional way of "delaying" a JB round, thus annoying all the dead players waiting to respawn. Most DRs are either way too long, or just a small but unnecessary detour to a finished round.

Therefore I think that wardens should have the right to decide whether the last living non-rebelling prisoner deserves to earn a death request.
I like the idea, but I want to stay Neut for now beacuse I want to see others sugguestions

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
@sowon
I personally believe that the LR is enough of a reward for obedient prisoners, and also what jailbreak truly leads to.
Like, if you ask most people; how a JB round ends, chances are that most of them will first mention the granting of LR
to the last non-rebelling prisoner.
As for the lack of fun in receiving LR and then instantly dying; yes, it isn't fun. But it's better for the other (probably over 10) dead players waiting to respawn, as well as for the living guards who don't wish to die for an (in my opinion) "irrelevant" reason.

Joyless (Seasonal?)

Dec 21, 2019
Dr should be a way to reward the last red as sowon said and should be something enjoyable for themselves to survive mini games and trick orders. I understand how the many dead players would see this as delaying the end of the round but if you spend time listening and trying on mini games the outcome of this shouldn’t be just you receiving lr then instantly dying.

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
Dr should be a way to reward the last red as sowon said and should be something enjoyable for themselves to survive mini games and trick orders. I understand how the many dead players would see this as delaying the end of the round but if you spend time listening and trying on mini games the outcome of this shouldn’t be just you receiving lr then instantly dying.
I see where you're going, but don't you believe that the LR (a variety of options which could completely change the following round) is already a satisfying reward for the last non-rebelling prisoner? Do they really need an extra delay, which will not affect the game in any way?

As for the "getting lr and instantly dying part", I mentioned that's not fun for the LR receiver, but that applies only to him.
It's a matter of negativity bias.

Here's a (bad) example:
Death requests
sorry, I drew this on paint.

Notes:

1 and 2 have brackets on them. That means the LR could be given to a prisoner who (e.g.)either tried hard to complete minigames and successfully followed an abundance of trick orders, or some clueless guy who just stood still for like a minute before all the reds rebelled. And the prisoners waiting to respawn could range from 1 to 22 (unless the server has 32 player slots)

On 3, Warden is included in the guards.

4. also refers to people who failed to join at the start of the round,

Joyless (Seasonal?)

Dec 21, 2019
While yes your negativity bias makes sense dr could further influence reds to comply and to win lr and dr more often playing just to make the next round more fun sounds a little too bland for jailbreak. I know you want better for all players but committing most of your time to improve and to make mistakes less often is more than a good reason to give them another prize for being the last non-rebelling red.

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
While yes your negativity bias makes sense dr could further influence reds to comply and to win lr and dr more often playing just to make the next round more fun sounds a little too bland for jailbreak. I know you want better for all players but committing most of your time to improve and to make mistakes less often is more than a good reason to give them another prize for being the last non-rebelling red.
Most influence (to comply with orders) usually comes from LRs rather than DRs, which are not present in every Jailbreak server.
Like, if you ask someone why they don't rebel, there's about a 95% chance they will tell you they do it for the LR.

It's genuinely hard to describe DRs since they are very "flexible".
Two things are common about them, however. They delay the round, and they follow the neg. bias layout.
However, someone else could think differently. Maybe "torturing the BLUs" further encourages some people to keep on playing, as you said.
And that is why I additionally proposed to make them optional, thus respecting others' opinions.

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
I mean like when was the last time you saw a red severely delaying with their dr? I don't think its that common, and besides those people in spectator have to wait 2 minutes at the most for the round to finish once lr is given, poor baby. Honestly, I don't think making dr optional would help because it would anger the reds who dont get it and the reds who do get it and if they delay sorta defeats your entire purpose. I think it would be best to leave it how it is.

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
I mean like when was the last time you saw a red severely delaying with their dr? I don't think its that common, and besides those people in spectator have to wait 2 minutes at the most for the round to finish once lr is given, poor baby. Honestly, I don't think making dr optional would help because it would anger the reds who dont get it and the reds who do get it and if they delay sorta defeats your entire purpose. I think it would be best to leave it how it is.

I don't know if I am very unlucky of you're not as experienced, but when I am on, 70% of the time, ending jailbreak rounds last a bit longer than 2 minutes. Maybe 3-5, because people choose some crazy death requests. It's usually divided in 2 minutes of the guy picking his LR and 3 more of him torturing BLUs with his DR.

As for the Angry REDs argument, I expected this, and there is a way to compensate for it.
If DR is made optional, I'd suggest that the Warden should give it or not give it to the last non-rebelling red, based on certain criteria.

Here are a few examples of such criteria,
The Red should receive DR if:
He didn't hit baiters during the entire round;
He complied with all orders without having to be pardoned;
He finished (e. g.) the obstacle course while he was given LR beforehand.

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
I don't know if I am very unlucky of you're not as experienced, but when I am on, 70% of the time, ending jailbreak rounds last a bit longer than 2 minutes. Maybe 3-5, because people choose some crazy death requests. It's usually divided in 2 minutes of the guy picking his LR and 3 more of him torturing BLUs with his DR.

As for the Angry REDs argument, I expected this, and there is a way to compensate for it.
If DR is made optional, I'd suggest that the Warden should give it or not give it to the last non-rebelling red, based on certain criteria.

Here are a few examples of such criteria,
The Red should receive DR if:
He didn't hit baiters during the entire round;
He complied with all orders without having to be pardoned;
He finished (e. g.) the obstacle course while he was given LR beforehand.
I mean like ive been playing jailbreak for close to a year now, so... Also adding those rules would basically be too much work for such little gain and the point that there are negatives that implementing it would just be, yknow not worth it. And dont you know that after the lr is given the round automatically ends so, dr cant really physically be longer than 2 minutes. I cant help but notice u mentioning the dr is "torture" to blu's which i don't really see that extreme. And ur examples of when a red would get dr or not would be SO hard to keep track of and make it really stressful because people would get extremely mad if the warden misses on one tiny thing. Overall, making extra rules and extra problems that could be worse, i dont find it worth it implementing this change, my opinion stays the same.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Functionality wise, Jailbreak would be fine without Death Request. However, as I said on a previous suggestion for abolishing this, most people seem to either not have an issue with it or like it, and this observation is reflected with the *EDIT* replies (and sort of with the votes too) above.

I should also mention that last suggestion was when the round time didn't automatically lower to two minutes. Now with that, Death Request doesn't even take that long. I don't think shaving two minutes off of the round is worth removing something considered tradition here by many. I can already hear the complaints.

Think about it this way: If you died early into the round, that's your fault (unless you were freekilled, but that ruins a lot more things than this) and even without this, you'd be waiting long; if you died late into the round, you won't need to wait that long until the next.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I honestly don't feel it's even necessary to lower the timeframe from 120 to 90 seconds. Keep in mind that this timeframe not only covers Death Request but Last Request too, and shaving this last 30 seconds off of that period will allot the recipient even less time to do what they want with LR and Death Request. This for, what, 30-less seconds dead players have to wait?

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
I honestly don't feel it's even necessary to lower the timeframe from 120 to 90 seconds. Keep in mind that this timeframe not only covers Death Request but Last Request too, and shaving this last 30 seconds off of that period will allot the recipient even less time to do what they want with LR and Death Request. This for, what, 30-less seconds dead players have to wait?
But I mean like the 2 minutes starts as soon lr is given so really, it's just the dr, and tbh, I've liked the good 90 seconds *w*

Status
Not open for further replies.