• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined JB Volcano large map secret

Enable the eruption secret for jb_volcano_v1a?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No.

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other. (If this is chosen, please reply with your opinion.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
So, the volcano 5 ingot secret was removed because it was too overpowered as it would kill everyone on the map. If 1-2 skilled rebellers knew where to find the ingots they could end the round within less than 2-3 minutes with the secret. Also rulebreaker guards could fuck up the round by opening the secret. A definite -1 from me.

Smug Rebellion

Master Rebeller
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Apr 7, 2020
Inside the Cells of Jailbreak
This is similarly why the boat secret was removed and why the nuke secret was removed even though it was really fun to activate it but, its mainly up to the guards to prevent the reds from activating it. And if the blues keep activating it to prevent the rounds from continuing than at that point it can become a problem. But, nonetheless I loved these secrets and I think it would be nice to see them again in JB.
+1
Maybe to counter balance this have these secrets classify as red secrets in case guards try to activate these secrets so than they can receive a punishment.

Considering that the glitches are known to crash the server I will not be giving this any positive thought. If this was fixed however I may be willing to give it a chance but, if it cant that I will jot be supporting the idea.

Last edited:

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
The secret is easily activate-able by freedays and rebelling reds. Due to the nature of the map's size, this is pretty much impossible to balance without removing the secret entirely, not to mention that iirc it also did crash the server on occasion

Some Dumbass

Certified, and Awarded Special
★ Donor ★
Sep 21, 2018
Oregon, the rainy state
@UlrichZ and I were on that map for like 2 hours trying to find the ingots and only found 4 on our own, but we didn't experience any crashes or bugs, and after 2 hours on the LA server, we gave up. so I don't see any problem from personal experience but according to everyone else it crashes the server and it's too easy to get the ingots, which Idk if we are just blind but couldn't replicate neither. +1

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
Finding the ingots isn't the thing that crashes the server, the volcano eruption does. If you want, the ingots are located here; climb, top of armoury (or in medic, depends), in pool room, blu side for corners in between the boxes and in blu side nine square (or crush game, i'm not sure).

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
It wasn't removed because of any crash issues, it was removed since it was a feature that would end the round. If there's any crash issues with the map secret, then I'm unaware of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.