• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted jb_jailfort's boat escape is currently impossible to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreos

:I
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 8, 2019
Italia!
As the title states the boat escape win method/easter egg on the map jb_jailfort is currently impossible to do, this is because of a box placed inside the door that leads to the hungergames button, where there also is one of the numerous electronic devices you must hit in order to make the easter egg possible.
After further research i found out that this was done in order to stop players from abusing the hunger games buttons, which can toggle the armory and the medic room.
What i ask from this suggestion is a possible solution to this issue, as this very easter egg was one of the main things that attracted numerous players to this map.
This can be:

-remove the buttons entirely
-place any kind of prop in front of the buttons (the prop must cover all the space else explosions will still toggle the buttons)
-create a micro room only for the electronic device

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I'll take blame for this since I was the one who got the box placed there, not realizing the button for the Easter egg was also in that room. Though @Xypher will need to edit the map accordingly. I'd assume it wouldn't be that troublesome to move the button from the room or just to remove the buttons, but I don't really map.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I mean the boat escape is more trouble than it's worth so I don't see the issue.
Actually let's discuss that.

Do you guys even want to have the boat escape feature enabled for JailFort? I personally don't care either way.

The boat escape Easter egg is a unique feature of the map though, so removing it would be removing some of the map's allure. It may also encourage people to circumvent the proper method for the Easter egg in order to do it, which I won't delve into how to but there is a way.

On the contrary, the Easter egg isn't really a key feature of the map, so removing it wouldn't affect gameplay really.

maurve

★ Donor ★
Jun 23, 2018
Having the boat is not a good idea. BLU and RED medics have healed each other to get over there through the back, and freekilling me because I kill the BLU's when they want to get to the boat. (They freekill me when the round starts. They force freedays and kill me when I didn't do anything.)

Reactions: benz

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Removing the boat would essentially just remove the map's most notable and most popular feature and I can't advise it. I'm aware of the box in HG room and that it should be removed to make it easier for blues to access. The HG buttons in the room could potentially be removed to avoid blues trolling with them. To fix the problem with the boat button in that room there's two main options: 1: find a way to make that button obsolete and allow the map to use the other 4, or 2: make it so reds can enter the room.

Now on to the medic exploit, we again have two options: 1: increase the damage of the water to overcome the overheal, or 2: place a box in the water simply to stop medics from getting around.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Here's a compromise, if we keep JailFort (since there's my open suggestion about removing it):
  1. Remove the invisible crate blocking the locking mechanism room and just delete the buttons there (excluding the one for the boat).
  2. Increase damage done by the water to overcome Medics healing each-other.
That way, people won't be able to do the exploit, but people will still be able to do the boat escape Easter egg if they want to.

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
Here's a compromise, if we keep JailFort (since there's my open suggestion about removing it):
  1. Remove the invisible crate blocking the locking mechanism room and just delete the buttons there (excluding the one for the boat).
That way, people won't be able to do the exploit, but people will still be able to do the boat escape Easter egg if they want to.
this would be agreeable, even if i don't play

but there can be a possibility if it gets removed, then it would be worthless

that being said, it doesn't seem that it will be removed, so 1UP

Last edited:

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
That would work. Without the Hunger Games room buttons (which tend to cause problems anyway), it's also possible we could change the room's doors so that reds can enter

Oreos

:I
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 8, 2019
Italia!
This would definetely be a great way to fix this issue.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
The invisible crate has been removed and instead the buttons to the locking mechanisms are gone.

The water surrounding the map is currently being looked into.

Changes will take effect by next change-log.

Accepted.

Reactions: SuperGuard
Status
Not open for further replies.