Declined Kat's Application

Discussion in 'Declined Applications' started by Tomato Kat ♡, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomato Kat ♡

Tomato Kat ♡ Member ★

• No VAC ban(s) on record | [ ]
    • Clean [+]SteamREP | [ ]
    • No registered bans on the community. [ ]
    • Member in our steam group | [ ]
    • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [ ]
    • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours [ ] 4,854 hrs
    • Server connection time: 36+ hours [ ] * 56 hrs
    • Team player with great communication skills (English) [ ] *
    • No limited steam account. | [ ]
    • Forum Activity [ ]

-Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kittykitkat
      -Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, it works fine.
      -How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): I'd say 6 on voice and 7~ typing.
      -Will you be able to help donate monthly?: Not monthly or in a regular basis, but I would be able to donate (keys, metals, misc, hats, etc) as I don't really have any use for them.

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

It varies a little bit depending if I have to work or not but it should be 12 PM ~ 6 AM (GMT+1) everyday unless I state so in Discord / Steam

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:

I've been a staff member in a few communities over my gaming years, I'm just going to list the communities I think I have proof of. I'll be glad to provide any kind of extra information if asked.

-Inglorious Katz later known as The ForceCommunity: Co-Owner (a few months sadly)
    -GmodTech: Forum Moderator & Administrator (2 years)
    -
    Panda Community: Moderator (a few months)
    -Naval.tf: Administrator & Super Admin (a few months)
    -Blackwonder: Forum Moderator & Administrator (2 years)

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:

Positively I hope, I've made quite a few friends on this community in a short amount of time and I'll be glad to help anyone, friend or not if it's required.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:

-Take feedback from the players by asking them directly on the servers (this has worked for me in the past)
    -Suggest maps that are lacking on certain servers (such as Jumping and Surf)
    -Enforce the rules and explain them to new players, as I have witnessed myself, there are tonnes of players that misinterpret the rules.
    -I'm also currently translating the entire ruleset to Spanish. Knowing that a lot, and I mean, A LOT of players only speak this language and do play on WLN servers, It's a bit sad to see them being punished when they literally have no idea of what they're doing wrong.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:

I actually only play at [EU] TURBINE+ 24/7 213.239.196.115:27020 (As stated in the first question, although my times might be a bit messy lately as I've been playing other games.)
    I also play sometimes at [EU] Trading! 212.24.111.109:27016
    I have a few hours (I think) on [EU] Jumping! 5.135.189.29:27017

And I'd love to have more hours in the jumping server but I don't really have anybody to play with except Xypher

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:

I do. I have been using it for many years on the different communities i've been part of, I've never had any kind of issues with it and I would surely help anyone that has a problem not knowing an specific command.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:

I have spent 56 hours by now just by playing on the servers and a lot more hours on Discord interacting with other players and staff members, plus reporting rulebreakers.
    I know I have not donated any money but as I have stated before I'm willing to give the contents of my inventory if they're suitable as a donation.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
    -I think I have a lot of past experience, good or bad.
    -I know when do I have to be serious, specially if the situation requires it.
    -I'm friendly to everybody in one way or another.
    -I report rulebreakers whenever I find one of them, either by using /call or the forums.
    -Wonderland is currently the only community I'm active in, and TURBINE+ 24/7 is by far my favourite server.
    -I will also try my best to make other players enjoy their experience on the community as much as I can.
    -Before making a harsh decision or judgement over something or somebody I do try to imagine all the points of view and their respective consequences for a more appropiate decision.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:

-I'm a gardener (as hobby) but I'm currently studying to become one professionally
    -I play (or at least try to hehe) songs on my synthesizer.
    -I do bushcraft and survivalism, alone or with my friends (we have a hidden farm and many more things)
    -I have a burning passion for old videogames, computers or any old tech stuff related thing.
    -11 years on steam and I have been playing TF2 since 2008, I don't know yet when I am going to stop.
    -I know how to speak English, Spanish and a bit of Portuguese.
    -I am a bit eccentric, some people would call it tsundere but it's not something you have not realized yourself.

That's it, even if I don't get chosen I appreciate the time you guys took into reading me.
    see y'all

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Tomato Kat ♡

Tomato Kat ♡ Member ★

[​IMG]

HLstatsCE is a bit messed up it seems, Shadow told me my actual connection time hehe

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  3. Dovydas

Dovydas Admin ★

I really have nothing to say. You've been staff in many other communities and seem to be relatively active (although you only play on a few servers. I personally only played on jb but when I got in to staff started going on all servers. Not sure if you would do that or not but who knows, maybe) long story short I'm gonna give a +1. You could be a valuable asset to the team (at least in my eyes) and having more staff to handle reports is always better

4. Dovydas

Dovydas Admin ★

Connection time was always messed up after the server reset thing on some servers your hours don't get counted at all (someone told me why but I forgot)

5. Tomato Kat ♡

Tomato Kat ♡ Member ★

Yah, I actually thought it was a bit weird I just had 56 hours but oh well, now I'm glad it was just an error

6. =WL= | Mc_Duck

=WL= | Mc_Duck Why are you looking here? Honorary Member ★ ★ VIP ★

+1
    Don’t see any problems with you. Nice and calm.

7. demon

demon K X N G Moderator ★ ★ VIP ★

+1 looks good

8. Mattaroni

Mattaroni Unaware He Will Place 65th Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

PROS:
    - Multilingual
    - Friendly + Mature.
    - Active on Discord, Forums, and In-Game.
    - Copious history of administration + SourceMod experience.
    - Majority of the questions are filled out nicely.

NEUTRALS:
    - I'm hoping that you can widen your variety, as far as what servers you play on goes. More help on other servers would not hurt at all.
    - Q3 could be expanded on a little bit more, but it does the job, I suppose.

CONS:
    - None.

VERDICT: I have had nothing but good experiences with you, Tomato, from playing with you and talking to you. I'm looking forward to what others have to say on this application, and I'm hoping the best for you.
    You get a solid +1 from me because of your potential, your current stance in the community and other communities, and your attitude. Good luck!

9. Tomato Kat ♡

Tomato Kat ♡ Member ★

Hey Macc, thank you for having me on high hopes! :p

Sure, I can do that without a problem.

10. Madi

Madi Head-Admin ★★

Seeing as my colleagues have already mentioned the positive aspects which I do not want to repeat, my main concern is the number of servers you're playing on. Turbine is probably one of the servers that require the least amount of monitoring. Therefore, I hope you can see where I'm coming from.
    I fear that, if we accept you, you will only play on that particular server.
    We are in need of staff members however, we require our staff to play on all servers. Another problem I can see resulting from the previously mentioned issues is that I am afraid it might be harder to incorporate you into our team. -1

11. Tomato Kat ♡

Tomato Kat ♡ Member ★

Yes but as I said to Mattaroni I can widen my variety of servers without a problem.

That's an assumption that doesn't have to be true, if I were to be chosen as admin/mod I obviously would not stick to one server.

thanks anyways

12. R4

R4 Honorary Member ★

I have to agree with Madi on that one.
    Staff should be active on more than one set of servers, which you are not.

Nor should people be voting yes on the basis of a promise to expand or meet a requirement after attaining staff, that should all be done before meeting staff regardless of who the applicant is and their other redeeming features.
    I'm somewhat concerned that some of your hours may be idled too.

No

13. Tomato Kat ♡

Tomato Kat ♡ Member ★

Well, I play on the servers I like to play, I'm not really obligued to play on them all. That's why I said that I can start playing on more servers from now on since that would be required for admin.

And I'm not going to argue in any way with you or Madi, but not giving me your support for one issue that can be easily fixed makes me not comfortable enough to keep trying on this application, so feel free to close it.

thanks for the time given

14. R4

R4 Honorary Member ★

You will be obliged to play on a variety in future and I'm sorry but we can't accept promises to do something in applications.
    People either meet the requirements or don't I'm afraid.

15. R4

R4 Honorary Member ★

Players are expected to be playing more than one server when applying, we want people who know a lot about the community and its servers. Not just the turbine server, nor can we accept promises that people will expand their player base.

16. R4

R4 Honorary Member ★

Application closed at request of applicant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice