• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined LR and Freeday Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
The Suggestion: Let you do the !givelr and whenever it is given, the freedays ( if there is any ) are stripped, instead of what it says now stating that there needs to be only one red alive to givelr. However, it would still do this if there was more than one normal red , basically any red that isn't a freeday/a freeday that has rebelled.
Pros:
  • Allowing Warden to givelr when freedays are alive and their freedays stripped
    • Lets guards to help kill the freedays
      • Especially helps when warden is
        • Weak ( Medic )
        • Slow ( Heavy, Demoman )
    • Decreases round length
      • Doesn't bore people
        • spectating
        • red who needs lr
    • Decreases chances of last red getting freekilled
      • Less complaining
      • Happens more often than what you would think ( trust me )
Cons:
  • Allowing Warden to givelr when freedays are alive and their freedays are stripped
    • Could be abused
      • Last red is rebelling and rest are freeday ( Just one scenario for an example )
        • Warden gives lr when they shouldn't
        • Removes the freeday's status
        • Warden / Guards can kill freedays

Retr0

Your Local Nerd
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 5, 2019
Greece
I don't know if only staff may reply to this but anyways.
Your suggestion is good, although as you said it can be easily abused. Plus, the current system prevents the warden from giving LR if two or more reds are alive, forcing him to kill the freedays and also, it's stated in the rules that Freeday Players are not eligible for last request under any circumstance.
After all, we all know that ghosting is forbidden and the only exception to the ghosting rule is when a RED(s) or BLU(s) is (are) excessively delaying the end of the round and no staff are on.

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
I don't know if only staff may reply to this but anyways.
Your suggestion is good, although as you said it can be easily abused. Plus, the current system prevents the warden from giving LR if two or more reds are alive, forcing him to kill the freedays and also, it's stated in the rules that Freeday Players are not eligible for last request under any circumstance.
After all, we all know that ghosting is forbidden and the only exception to the ghosting rule is when a RED(s) or BLU(s) is (are) excessively delaying the end of the round and no staff are on.
Like I said about making the freedays status get stripped when lr is given, making it so that guards can help kill the freeday especially when the freeday is like a scout and warden is a heavy. Also about what you added about it being easily abused, while this is true, that is only one scenario that I could think of that it could be abused. If you find out any more, please state so.

Retr0

Your Local Nerd
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 5, 2019
Greece
Like I said about making the freedays status get stripped when lr is given, making it so that guards can help kill the freeday especially when the freeday is like a scout and warden is a heavy. Also about what you added about it being easily abused, while this is true, that is only one scenario that I could think of that it could be abused. If you find out any more, please state so.
Let's be honest, most of the freedays have rebelled or have ammo by the time there is only one red, in rare cases you will find a freeday just sitting in a corner taunting. Besides what stated above about abusing, I can't find anything else. The only two other ways that I thought are either a warden only command which strips any freedays on the server, or allow guards to hit and kill freedays.
Both of them are basically the same as your original suggestion, both of them will provide sortest rounds but will also be easy to abuse. For exaple: the warden can simply use the command and be like "oh look, those reds are not following my orders and they are not freedays" and instanly kill them, making them freekills. The other one, will most likely increase the number of freekills.

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
Let's be honest, most of the freedays have rebelled or have ammo by the time there is only one red, in rare cases you will find a freeday just sitting in a corner taunting. Besides what stated above about abusing, I can't find anything else. The only two other ways that I thought are either a warden only command which strips any freedays on the server, or allow guards to hit and kill freedays.
Both of them are basically the same as your original suggestion, both of them will provide sortest rounds but will also be easy to abuse. For exaple: the warden can simply use the command and be like "oh look, those reds are not following my orders and they are not freedays" and instanly kill them, making them freekills. The other one, will most likely increase the number of freekills.
You know how you suggested the warden only command that strips freedays, well I feel like that would bring more problems than good. For example, at the end of the round the warden would have to individually strip each freeday and while doing so, they might be k.illed. In addition, this could be abused much easier because there can be any amount of reds left and still can strip freedays. Another inconvenience that might have is that staff would have to add another section to the rules while stripping freedays as soon as lr is given would have none of these.

Retr0

Your Local Nerd
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 5, 2019
Greece
You know how you suggested the warden only command that strips freedays, well I feel like that would bring more problems than good. For example, at the end of the round the warden would have to individually strip each freeday and while doing so, they might be k.illed. In addition, this could be abused much easier because there can be any amount of reds left and still can strip freedays. Another inconvenience that might have is that staff would have to add another section to the rules while stripping freedays as soon as lr is given would have none of these.
Yeah you are right those were bad and easy to abuse.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Bumping for votes.

Personally, I am against this. Even disregarding how this could be abused, I think that the warden (and other BLUs, if the freeday(s) rebel) should have to deal with freedays at the end of the round rather than relying on a command. In other words, this suggestion just seems like a crutch.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
As someone who goes warden(too much). I will put my opinion. Yes hunting for freedays is a bit tedious but what are the chances they havent attempted or are rebelling. I am oppose to this idea for a reason, it's a blatant crutch and easily exploited. I love myself a good hunt, it's extremely fun, yes tedious, but fun. I am oppose this 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.