Main class

Retr0

Your Local Nerd
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 5, 2019
Greece
Listen, I'll say what I say to everyone asking me this. I personally don't have a main class, yes, I do have a class with most times which is the Scout but when it comes to in-game strategy, I play whatever is needed.

SL

Celebrity
Jun 2, 2019
1578672492317.png

p y r o t f 2

• Love
Reactions: Red

Tonic

Reconnected
★ Donor ★
Nov 9, 2019
The Edge of the World
Is it because of the brain-dead WM1 stereotype?
FYI I use flares on Casual and the Panic Attack on HL.
Partially. While WM1 is very annoying and a terrible strat. I just don't like how even valve does not know what type of class he is. He could be a flanker with the Backburner. But classes like scout and spy do that better. And he can't really attack head on. He just doesn't have the DPS nor health to do so. And demo and engi are much better at defending.

Red

Maniac
Nov 4, 2018
Hellas
Partially. While WM1 is very annoying and a terrible strat. I just don't like how even valve does not know what type of class he is. He could be a flanker with the Backburner. But classes like scout and spy do that better. And he can't really attack head on. He just doesn't have the DPS nor health to do so. And demo and engi are much better at defending.
That's what we call,
a Jack of All Trades.

That is also why I play Pyro. He can do a little bit of everything.
I adore this ability of being moderately good in everything, in other video-games, such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, where I main Mario.
Mario has good attacks, airspeed, specials (including his cape which can reflect projectiles and counter recoveries, much like the pyro's airblast), combo game, stage control, mediocre spacing, and a very satisfying Meteor Smash (much like the Pyro's axtinguisher).

Tonic

Reconnected
★ Donor ★
Nov 9, 2019
The Edge of the World
Remember, before TF2 was even a thing, the Pyro didn't have the ability to airblast and used only the stock weapons.
I am aware. But the shotgun could still be a really great combo weapon. Even without airblast on the rare times i do play pyro i can pull off some frags with forgetting i could have even airblasted them. But i guess you are right. he was Kinda made to W+M1 in the beginning.

Reactions: Floot