• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

TF2 make spamming taunt illegal

aa

★ Donor ★
Dec 6, 2018
The other day, a couple of demos were doing the "Ka-Boom" taunt repeatedly inside their spawn. Would this be a rule infringement?
What about if someone kept laughing at a wall?

There are many behaviors that can annoy others. A heavy next to a resupply cabinet firing continuously, a scout throwing the ball right next to the wall to pick it up fast, or an engineer that keeps shooting his pistol.

From your wording, it appears you were perhaps angry at the particular players, but not just for taunting. Why are you deciding on someone else's intentions? This looks like an overreaction, such a rule is an absolutely disproportionate measure. TF2 is known for its silly moments, and those silly moments often sprout from what you're asking to ban.

I hope nothing of the sort is implemented as a rule.

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
The other day, a couple of demos were doing the "Ka-Boom" taunt repeatedly inside their spawn. Would this be a rule infringement?
What about if someone kept laughing at a wall?

There are many behaviors that can annoy others. A heavy next to a resupply cabinet firing continuously, a scout throwing the ball right next to the wall to pick it up fast, or an engineer that keeps shooting his pistol.

From your wording, it appears you were perhaps angry at the particular players, but not just for taunting. Why are you deciding on someone else's intentions? This looks like an overreaction, such a rule is an absolutely disproportionate measure. TF2 is known for its silly moments, and those silly moments often sprout from what you're asking to ban.

I hope nothing of the sort is implemented as a rule.
trust me these engineers are spamming g and screaming WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEE

aa

★ Donor ★
Dec 6, 2018
ok fine just voice effects
That is already not usually allowed. In fact, Paraflax has stopped many users from spamming voice lines if using a voice effect.
I believe it's best to keep rules to the point. Trying to cover every way of "annoying" other players is a bad idea.
In this case, it's best to leave it at the online staff's discretion, as it's been done for years now. This is usually a no-problem.