• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Jailbreak To Do Make +use unable to be banned in Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
This is a stupidly minor suggestion that might be a waste of everyone's time, but I feel like making it anyway.

Banning +use gives Spy a serious advantage over all other classes, particularly in the Jeopardy minigame. It forces all players to use their melee, which seems fair if you don't think too much about it, given that +use lets you go instantly, compared to the .25 seconds (equivalent to 250ms ping) melee usually has between when you click and when the hit is actually registered with the environment/players. However, this is where Spy's advantage comes in. Unlike the melee types of every other class, Spy's knife will always connect immediately after clicking.
Screenshot 20211220 181504

This means that iff you are up against a spy as a non-spy in the minigame, even if you clicked a bit earlier than the Spy did, their button will show up as pressed first, therefore allowing them to answer first. This is where +Use comes in, +use levels the playing field by making each class, +use allows a person of any class to press the button instantly, making it completely fair. Wardens are currently allowed to ban this feature, potentially allowing them to give an inmate an unfair advantage over others without it being considered favoritism.

Now of course, class advantage and disadvantages over one another is what keeps TF2 jailbreak interesting, but the twist is that most of the class advantages can usually be circumvented via superior mechanical skill or strategy. Weaker melee classes like Scout and Sniper can come out on top in a duel with stronger ones like Soldier or Demoman with better aim. However, whenever there is an advantage that can't be circumvented regardless of skill, then such advantages are typically banned in the rules (such as banning races between inmates due to the difference in speed between classes) . The advantage Spy has over other classes in button-pressing minigames cannot be typically circumvented, there isn't a way to react faster, or stop the Spy from hitting the button faster than you can, since warden chat will show up for everyone at the same time.

That is all, feel free to make fun of me for being super sweaty about something that no one else cares about <3

Source on Spy's melee swing advantage:

Reactions: Xypher

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
Spy does have a use though? It's easily one of the best classes if you're rebelling without ammo, it's fast and very powerful if you're good at it.
If any class needs more of a use, it's engie. Engie sucks with and without ammo, his building are all bad, the gunslinger crit is just mediocre, and he's pretty slow. -1

However, if I am misunderstanding the point of this, feel free to tell me.
+use, not a use. +use is a command, please read the entire post first.

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
By that logic, can't they already do that? How does the current system prevent that from happening? If someone else presses +use on the button, how do you tell it wasn't the person at the podium when +use is banned?
well for the reds they are doing smth kos but they used +use to put the blame on the other red and for telling who is the +use user the red must look at the other podium to use +use and for the blus its even harder since they can go away from jeopardy for 2 miles and use +use on the podiums

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
well for the reds they are doing smth kos but they used +use to put the blame on the other red and for telling who is the +use user the red must look at the other podium to use +use and for the blus its even harder since they can go away from jeopardy for 2 miles and use +use on the podiums
That same logic can be used to apply to your complaint though? Critical thinking skills please.

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
Interesting suggestion, although I am going with -1. Instead of outright forbidding banning +use the rule should only apply only during minigames. This way I can somewhat forbid reds from pressing buttons they arent supposed to press, while circumventing the favouritism.

Status
Not open for further replies.