• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Jailbreak To Do Make +use unable to be banned in Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
Interesting suggestion, although I am going with -1. Instead of outright forbidding banning +use the rule should only apply only during minigames. This way I can somewhat forbid reds from pressing buttons they arent supposed to press, while circumventing the favouritism.
I kind of agree with this, I tried to imply the problem was mainly in jeopardy since that's the only place where wardens often ban it, but I can totally see why you think it should only be allowed to be banned during minigames. Should I edit my post to clarify? Or make a new suggestion.

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
what if we add a warden command to toggle the usage of +use? overkill?
This would simplify things and work well, as long as the command wasn't allowed be turned on during minigames (This should be pretty easy to implement regardless, as the ability to use +use is already a command. Although, I'm not sure if it can be toggled without a restart. Probably, but worth checking)

The Pesterer

Forum Robot
Jul 13, 2021
Armory
This would simplify things and work well, as long as the command wasn't allowed be turned on during minigames (This should be pretty easy to implement regardless, as the ability to use +use is already a command. Although, I'm not sure if it can be toggled without a restart. Probably, but worth checking)
not allowed to turn on during minigames? then whats the point of it then

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
lmao what a suggestion

-1 jailbreak isnt there for you to have fun and calculate who can hit a button faster take it or leave it

easy thread to farm posts for app requirements and argue for free, no debate needed

gaming

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Aug 23, 2021
lmao what a suggestion

-1 jailbreak isnt there for you to have fun and calculate who can hit a button faster take it or leave it

easy thread to farm posts for app requirements and argue for free, no debate needed
wdym "farm posts for app requirements", everyone in this thread exceeds the app requirement.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
alright bud i'll take that with a pinch of salt considering every other response to your thread has been provocative for the sake of it all.

there isn't a real solution to the problem you suggest here, and I can sympathize with the feeling of unfairness, input delays, latency issues, ect. but it really falls down to who has the better connection in the situation. I'd say that people making chat binds to go warden the moment the warden slot opens up would be just as much a problem. A more proactive suggestion would be to remove chat based binds altogether.

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
alright bud i'll take that with a pinch of salt considering every other response to your thread has been provocative for the sake of it all.

there isn't a real solution to the problem you suggest here, and I can sympathize with the feeling of unfairness, input delays, latency issues, ect. but it really falls down to who has the better connection in the situation. I'd say that people making chat binds to go warden the moment the warden slot opens up would be just as much a problem. A more proactive suggestion would be to remove chat based binds altogether.
I sorta agree, because I do sympathize with higher ping players because they do have a major disadvantage in so-called "ping-based minigames". But I do feel like this is different than latency issues. After all, there is little staff can do to improve someone else's connection to the server at this point, it's a matter of their distance and their internet quality. Something like my suggestion however, is something they can implement to level the playing field.

And for the record, I didn't see anyone else's responses as provocative, even if I disagree with a decent amount of them I still see people trying to further discussion. Personally I interpreted your reply on the other hand as aggressive, if that wasn't your intention then I apologize.

• LMAO
Reactions: MissMaye

lolnutt

what the pog doin?
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2020
The Deep
It would be hard to do anything about people using +use in the game anyway as staff are already keeping an eye on the other things happening in the server, like dishing out punishment's, watching chat, listening to voice chat and more. it would just add more to what we as staff must do making our role in the community harder and more time consuming and last time I checking it is all voluntary so I don't want to spend all my free time doing admin things like i was this time last year. I don't know about other staff as this is just my opinion.

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
It would be hard to do anything about people using +use in the game anyway as staff are already keeping an eye on the other things happening in the server, like dishing out punishment's, watching chat, listening to voice chat and more. it would just add more to what we as staff must do making our role in the community harder and more time consuming and last time I checking it is all voluntary so I don't want to spend all my free time doing admin things like i was this time last year. I don't know about other staff as this is just my opinion.
I'm not sure I understand, could you elaborate a bit on this for me?

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
lmao what a suggestion

Honestly expected a better response from an ex-administaror. The suggestion has a good intention behind it, and if you see my message there was no argument, he plainly agreed with me. Oh and yes, my message was about changing his suggestion to fit jailbreak better.

MsPunchy

Dec 15, 2021
New York
Okay so the general gist of what I am saying in my aforementioned post is that staff when they are in game already have alot of things to do and making sure people aren't or are using +use is just adding more things for us all to do.
I can't argue with that since I'm not an admin and obviously can't truly know what it's like and haven't asked admins directly how it would impact them. This is another perspective I haven't considered yet though, ty for explaining though.

Status
Not open for further replies.