Declined Maxxy's staff application

Discussion in 'Declined Applications' started by <2F F> Captain Maxxy, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <2F F> Captain Maxxy

<2F F> Captain Maxxy Member ★

Requirements:
    • No VAC/Game ban(s) on record | Info [ ✔ ]
    • Clean [+]SteamREP | Info [ ✔ ]
    • No active bans on the community. | Info [ ✔ ]
    • Member in our steam group | Info [ ✔ ]
    • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [ ✔ ]
    • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours [ ✔ ]
    • Server connection time: 36+ hours [ ✔ ] *
    • Team player with great communication skills (English) [ ✔ ] *
    • No limited/F2P Steam account. | Info [ ✔ ]
    • No private Steam profile. [ ✔ ] *
    • Active on the forums.* (At least +10 posts!) [ ✔ ]

Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy): 21 (04/05/97)

SteamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/id/CaptainMaxxy/

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): 9.5

Will you be able to help donate monthly?:
    No, but I will be able to donate sometimes.

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

M-F: 13:00 PM - 00:00 PM CEST
    Saturday: 11:00 AM - 02:00 AM CEST
    Sunday: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CEST
    On mondays I play chess from 06:00 PM to 22:00 PM CEST. its not every monday however.

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:

About 5-6 years ago I held an administrator role on a Minecraft server for a Minecraft host team.
    Unfortunently I can not remember what the team was called but I held the role for about a year
    before I stopped playing and therefore lost the role.

I am currently Head admin for the 2FF group and owner of the 2FF discord server. I have had this title for several years now.
    and even though the group has died down it is still active in its discord and sometimes plays
    Team Fortress together. 2FF was a pretty well known group on the Saigns servers on Team Fortress 2
    until some years ago when some problems arose with the saigns servers and the group stopped playing there.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:

I think my acceptance as a server administrator and forum moderator will make the community cleaner in
    several ways, this is because I am a very fair and nice person so I can take good decisions which will help everybody.

With that being said I am also a person of justice and I always try to make the right choice no matter if it is related to administrating or not which in turn helps the community as a whole.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:

First of all I would improve the servers by having an active administrator playing on them a good amount, I have seen plenty of rulebreaks on certain servers that I have played on and if I get the administrator role I would be able to handle it right there and then, not only with using the admin powers but I might be able to get them to understand that what they are doing is wrong if they just don't know.

I also check the discord chat a decent amount which means I can respond to a lot of reports which in turn gives the already busy admins to continue with their busy lives, helping both the players on the server and the admins that has better things to do.

In return for this the community would be cleaner and then more people would be happy because then they can play on the servers that they love without having to worry about people breaking the rules.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:

I usually play on the "wonderland UK jailbreak custom" server (IP: 185.38.149.225:27019) or the "Wonderland NY Minecraft" server (IP: 172.245.35.49:27016) but I might play on other servers more in the future too

I usually play at any time in between my times from the first question and it really varies a lot when inside those times i play because sometimes my internet just really doesn't want to work and then I can't play properly.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:

I have a basic knowledge about SourceMod and its commands from testing it out on custom servers but I do not have any field training in SourceMod

I am a quick learner however so it should not take me too long to get used to the SourceMod features that I would need to use.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:

I have supported the community by answering questions that has been asked on the discord chat and I have reported some incidents on the Wonderland servers to help stop people who are breaking the rules.

I have introduced a few friends to the Wonderland servers and while they are not members of the community yet they are playing a bit on the servers and theres a bigger chance that they will become members in the future than when they didn't play on the servers at all.

I have also supported the community by just being a nice person, I would say that this supports the community because it really helps to have nice people around you and it makes the community more warm and welcoming.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:

You should accept me into the team because I would be a good and just admin who treats everyone the same, with a friendly smile but strictly when I have to. I would also make the servers better because there would be less rule breaking and a much nicer environment.

I am also very mature, things that needs to be taken seriously I will take seriously and other things I am a bit more calm and fun about. This also would make me a good admin because you have to differentiate between being an admin and just a regular member, what many people forget is that when you become admin you are still a regular member of the community, you just have more responsibility.

You should also accept me because I am online pretty much any time when I am not sleeping and therefore if I for some reason can not help with server issues I can probably still help with answering questions and helping the community out.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:

I love playing chess, piano and games and I am open to chat with anyone.
    I am a very friendly person and I like talking to people, sometimes I like to just listen as well.
    Constructive critisism is something I take to me and try to improve on that area and my main goal is to bring happiness to as many people as possible.
    I am also generally a very calm person.

2. Sanxis

Sanxis Self Control Admin ★

You have just started playing on our servers 17 days ago and you have joined the forum 6 days ago. Your total posts are just above bare minimum required. All these things pointing out to me that instead of aiming to be a regular player first and thinking about applying later , your aim was to apply directly. I hate it when the newcomers do that. Also after carefully reading your answers to the questions , it is very clear that you bring nothing new to the table. All I see are some empty promises which are already accomplished more than enough by our current staff. You only play on 2 servers and give empty promise to play on other servers later which I also dislike very much. I'm pretty sure other than couple of people , nobody knows you.

One thing I would like to mention is that something has caught my eye while checking the discord .
    r4 is being himself as usual.png

Do you honestly think saying things like this are funny when you were thinking about applying for staff ? How I'm supposed to know that you havent really bought a premium lmaobox and used it on a some tf2 server after seeing this ? I see no reason for us to accept you.

My vote is no

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  3. Shadow

Shadow Headset Freak Admin ★

You're too new to the community for me to consider you to be a part of the staff team. -1

4. <2F F> Captain Maxxy

I can understand not being qualified because I'm a newcomer but honestly I didn't join just to apply. I don't really understand how a bad joke in chat is that bad just because I am applying but that is up to you I guess. I never stated I would play on other servers IF I become admin, I just stated that its highly possible that I will play on other servers more no matter what.

5. Sanxis

Sanxis Self Control Admin ★

Joking about buying premium version of a hack program which plagued the entire tf2 playerbase , especially if its coming from a newcomer applicant is distasteful and gives a bad first impression. Because of that you have raised a little suspicion about yourself. You should have thought all of these before applying.

6. <2F F> Captain Maxxy

Yeah, alright. I get it.

7. Youtuberchris

Youtuberchris Admin ★

-1 based on what’s been said, and...
    To me this doesn’t seem like a very professional response at all. Something along the lines of “I understand, sorry for the inconvenience *insert whatever else here*” would be better.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  8. Vriska

Vriska (vriska) Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

9. Fighting Phoenix

Fighting Phoenix Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

10. <2F F> Captain Maxxy

Ya can already close this, just btw. x3

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  11. Madi

Madi Head-Admin ★★

Application declined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice