TF2 Merry Smissmas, Everyone!

wln.tf

Robot
Jul 13, 2017

It's that time of the year again! Merry Smissmas!

New Community Cosmetics, War Paints, and Unusual Effects
We've added 18 new community cosmetics, 10 new community War Paints, and 17 new community Unusual effects! Plus, the Festivizer can be found as a bonus drop when opening the Winter 2019 Cosmetic Case, and the taunt Unusualifier can be found as a bonus drop when opening the Winter 2019 War Paint Case!

Big Sale in the Mann Co. Store

It wouldn't be Smissmas without the Spirit of Practically Giving. Look for 50% off tons of items, taunts, and tools in the Mann Co. Store through January 7th, 2020.

And last but not least... Stocking stuffers for everyone! Merry Smissmas! See you in 2020!

Continue reading...

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Tonic and Hypernova

Kruthal

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 2, 2017
Estonia
Glad to know we got exactly what we got for Scream Fortress. Almost nothing.
and we can also say that about last year updates, in fact.. I don't even remember getting any updates for christmas last year, so I see this at least something. However they really didn't do anything for this update other than pouring in unusual effects and cosmetics, so they can milk more money.
It's funny how they also consider these updates as "major updates" - referring to: http://www.teamfortress.com/history.php
Let's not forget the fact that there was only 3 general changelogs, so that's pretty big major update right there.

Last year we got a Warpaint. One Christmas cosmetic. And on random paint can. Other then that. we only got a new case and some unusual effect.
Why are you complaining??
There's almost no developers for TF2, don't expect anything BIG from them unless they manage to get some developers working there.

Jungle Inferno is probably the last big thing we'll see from the TF2 developers.

Tonic

Reconnected
★ Donor ★
Nov 9, 2019
The Edge of the World
The only reason i have a problem with it now is they call it a "Major" update. If anything it's now a community made update. And i am fully aware of the 4 people "No i'm not kidding" working on the game. Changes to localization files are not "Major".

The only reason i have a problem with it now is they call it a "Major" update. If anything it's now a community made update. And i am fully aware of the 4 people "No i'm not kidding" working on the game. Changes to localization files are not "Major".
They call it a major update because there are only 4 people working on TF2. Anything MAJOR would take, well, a really long time. Probably a year or two.

Some people will probably come back after Half-Life: Alyx is finalized and sent out, just wait for that.

Reactions: Hypernova