Pending Moderator Application

Frundley Scuoot

Member ★
Requirements:

• No VAC/Game ban(s) on record | Info [ ✘ ] (CS:GO Banned for griefing, about 4 years ago.)
  • Clean [+]SteamREP | Info [ ✔ ]
  • No active bans on the community. | Info [ ✔ ]
  • Member in our steam group | Info [ ✔ ]
  • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [ ✔ ] (17)
  • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 600+ hours [ ✔ ] (1.7K Hours)
  • No limited/F2P Steam account. | Info [ ✔ ]
  • Forum account created at least 2 weeks prior to the application [ ✔ ] (2018)
  • You must have sufficient English skills. [ ✔ ] *
  • You must have a server connection time of more than: 48+ hours [ ✔ ] *
  • Owning and using a discord account [ ✔ ] * (Sezei#3061)
  • No private Steam profile. [ ✔ ] *
  • You must have sufficient forum activity. (At least 15+ posts!)
* = mandatory requirement

Personal Information:

Please note that all times in my application are referred to IDT times.

Age (dd/mm/yy):
31/12/2001 (17 and a half.)

SteamID64:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Spoii (About the ID being Spoii, read in #9.)

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yep, however, I sound young so I don’t really talk much.

How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10):
Around 7.5.

Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

Pretty much whenever I am available.

Until 1st of September I’ll be available from 7:30 AM to 10:30 PM.

After this date, I can’t confirm what times I’ll be available since School will start, and going to 12th grade is a bad experience. (Yes, Israel has 12 to even 15 grades, depending on what ‘profession’ you chose.)

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:

I am currently holding a discord server with ~500 people in it, for around 2 years. I am not planning to discard it any time soon, even if I will.
I don’t have SM experience, as this might be my first administration role in TF2 (or literally any source game,) but that’s something that I will learn fast.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:

I think that I might effect the community in a good way. I solve problems pretty quickly, I know most of the community on the servers I play on (and hopefully are cheering for me on this application), and I met a couple of mods and admins in my time in wl.tf. Also, I see a lot of people who disrespect mods and / or admins, so I might as well prove to them that mods and admins can be good and respectful.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:

I think that by being in any server I am in as a mod / admin, people will stop breaking rules, such as spamming and mic-spamming. I have a discord overlay open at all times, so it means that I can respond to calls almost instantly at the times I stated in question #1. I play wl.tf regularly, and I know a lot of people in all of the servers I play on. Also, I saw how admins and mods respond to calls and rule breakers, so I pretty much know how to deal with some scenarios, such as mass free-killers and general rule breakers like mic / chat spammers. Also, I am available in times other admins are not, so it means that I can deal with rule breakers sooner.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:

I play on Jailbreak - Custom servers (especially the NY one), x10 Surf servers, Minecraft World, and sometimes I enter random servers just for fun (or when my friends call me to play w/them). My favorite wl.tf servers are;

94.130.49.180:27016

213.239.196.115:27023 (Rarely play this one though)

104.243.38.50:27023

185.175.208.131:27016

213.0.6.196.115:27020 (Turbine (now turbine+) was my favourite once, but I don't play it that much now.)

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:

Unfortunately, not really, however, I can learn all of the administrative commands/console commands quickly, so it won’t be much of a problem for the long-term stay.
I do, however, know a few vanilla commands.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:

I report a lot, and by that, I mean A LOT. If I see someone break the rules, I immediately go to my overlay and report it, unless most of the players in-game support what they do. I follow VIP rules, and I have a clean history (I checked using the bot), and I love playing in almost all wl.tf servers. Gameplay-wise, I am usually playing Medic and Heavy, because I main both classes.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:

I’m really active in WL servers, and I have around 200 hours of connection, if not more. (Can’t confirm it, so please correct me if I am wrong, or have even more hours.) I help out a lot, as seen in the reports in discord, and I really like being around other staff members. Almost every admin I met can confirm this; I instantly send a friend request to all admins and mods I meet. However, I am not really active in the forums, but that has not really been the case in the past month, as I am replying to all threads I find interesting, and helping in threads asking for help. Usually, I am calm and friendly, and I love interacting with players in games and discord. The only issue is that I am pretty short-fused and can pretty much get triggered and salty at bad days or when being personally attacked. (Probably can be seen in my chat logs, but I try to stop the saltiness as much and fast as possible.)

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:

I'm a Belarusian 17-year-old boy/teen who lives in Israel with 2 Russian-speaking parents. I fluently talk 3 languages; English (obviously, otherwise I couldn’t write the application at all), Hebrew and Russian. I know a bit of Belarusian since my parents are from Belarus, but not enough to be able to talk in a conversation. I usually play TF2 since it is my childhood game, and it has a space in my heart that will never, ever fade. In school, I am considered one of the ‘neutral boys’, where I have a decent amount of friends, but I am not considered one of the popular kids, so I do sometimes have troubles in school, but thankfully not the… ‘hurtful problems’.

Thanks for reading my app, and hopefully I didn’t confuse the hecc out of ya’.

PS about my IPs / ‘alts’, so you won’t need to ask; My old ISP has constantly changed my IPs, therefore I might get ‘paired’ with a lot of accounts I don’t even know. It is no longer an issue though, as we stopped using the old ISP, and went to a different one, where the IP is always the same. My only alt is https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198874726031, and even then I use it only when I get locked out of my account (either my phone isn’t near me or I forgot my password [very rare case]), or when I want to play CS:GO, as I am game banned in CS:GO on my main.

The reason why "Spoii" is my ID; I have once animated stuff in GMOD, stuff that are still on youtube. I didn't quit that, but I didn't resume. It's currently on pause, as my editor isn't working anymore for some reason. I use VLC in order to edit videos, but it's not made to be an editor. It's literally only -Cut that part and save-, not -Paste screenshots, get audio, repeat-.

Also, I pretty much stalk applications, so I tried to make my own application as organized as possible and saw what can be taken from declined apps. Don’t judge me for that :)D).

Dart the floofiest

Moderator ★
I have seen you on server a couple of time, but not enough for me to judge you by your in game performance. Your Vac ban in the past might have left a scar on your impression. However, since it was 4 years ago, I'm going to ignore that.
Other than that, looking at your application form, you do appears to be a respectable fella. You do have sufficient hours in game, much more than is required. But your have only just met the required amount of forum messages/posts. I suggest you to be more active in forum.

Records:
When it comes to you record, you have 0 punishment in the past, which is excellent. I can see from your chat log, there are times where you discourage rule breaking, but there are times you miss lead others as well.
IMG_0271.jpgIMG_0273.jpgIMG_0275.jpgIMG_0276.jpgIMG_0278.jpg
If I recall correctly, you are a VIP+, which means you should know not to vote gag unless you have reported. In the forth image, it suggests you have not done so and you threaten to "abuse" your power.

In conclusion, I feel that you are a good rule follower, yet not fully ready to be a staff. Not at the moment at least. I will give you a neutral for now.

Hoping to see you in game and further improvements. :)

Frundley Scuoot

Member ★
The only thing I'd count as insults from the evidence collection are #2 and #5. Let me give the context for the others;

#1; There was an AFK guard in the server which delayed the rounds all of the time. The DR was to kill everyone, but it was impossible to end the round, as there was a rebeller and that AFK guard. I suggested to either slay the Guard, or enable FF to kill the rebeller.

#3; Recep was micspamming a lot, so I have offered to give credits to whoever killed him. I couldn't ignore him as he was going warden at times, but he did get reported. Apparently no one even noticed that message, so I'll leave it as is. Yes, he was reported, but not by me.

#4; There was in fact a chat spammer who has been admin called by someone else. It wasn't 15 minutes after the report, so I thought I couldn't report him myself, nor votegag them until the 15 minutes have passed. They did stop spamming after this message.

Anyways, appreciate your feedback either way. :smiley:

Last edited:

Eight

Sentinel ★
Admin ★
The only thing I'd count as insults from the evidence collection are #2 and #5. Let me give the context for the others;

#1; There was an AFK guard in the server which delayed the rounds all of the time. The DR was to kill everyone, but it was impossible to end the round, as there was a rebeller and that AFK guard. I suggested to either slay the Guard, or enable FF to kill the rebeller.

#3; Recep was micspamming a lot, so I have offered to give credits to whoever killed him. I couldn't ignore him as he was going warden at times, but he did get reported. Apparently no one even noticed that message, so I'll leave it as is. Yes, he was reported, but not by me.

#4; There was in fact a chat spammer who has been admin called by someone else. It wasn't 15 minutes after the report, so I thought I couldn't report him myself, nor votegag them until the 15 minutes have passed. They did stop spamming after this message.
I don't think the fifth excerpt was noted for any disrespectful behavior, I think he was just pointing out how you were saying you were going to constantly rule-break. Kind of sounds like sarcasm to me though, but either way it is questionable to see in an applicant's chat-logs.

#1 - You can not enable FF to kill a rebel. It is the duty of the BLU team to kill rebels. Neither really did the Death Request period start since there was a rebel but I digress.

#3 - Was he playing as a BLU or RED?

I'm fine with your response to #4 though.

Anyway, onto my own response.

Pros
  • You frequently report rule-breakers.
  • You're active on Jailbreak. You've also been playing here for a while seemingly (although, you only became active on forums and Discord recently).
  • This application is good. I'm glad you studied other applications when making yours as that is a good practice when applying.
Neutral
  • For question 1, you basically answered it by saying "I am available when I am available" (at least previous to September 1). Please specify your actual schedule.
  • Questionable VIP teamban (clicky).
    • Ok so you can't vote-teamban for no mic, but I'm going to assume you just put that in there with the latter reason. Can you clarify what you meant by "free kills a lot?" Was he constantly mass freekilling?
Cons
  • When you used to go under the alias "BLU Spy inside a RED box," I recall encountering you abusing VIP commands. However, I don't recall it being major enough for me to serve a ban so perhaps it can be let slid.
  • Concerning chat-log excerpts (refer to spoiler).
    • Dart posted concerning chat-log excerpts, however some of them have been responded to and can be excused. However I have some to add as well.

I believe I was present in-game when you said this and it was directed towards Sir. JelloMan. So you only reported him because he did something to you? Staff need to be objective when facing situations, you can not let personal issues with someone interfere with your decisions.

Minor insults. Not that bad, but I still feel the need to note.

Overall

As with Dart I am going to go Neutral. The chat-log excerpts presented both by him and I are fairly concerning, however they are not the worst and you also have some things going for you. I also can see that they are much better than your chat-logs from last year, which indicates an improvement.

Still, considering everything, I am not really compelled to support you nor go fully against you. I'm sort of in the middle because I haven't played with you a lot nor seen you as really outstanding beyond your cons (no offense). However, perhaps upon a future application where there is no concerning behavior present, I would be more inclined to get behind you for staff.

Frundley Scuoot

Member ★
Thanks for the feedback Eight. Let me answer Edit:most* of your concerns;
I am available at any time I am home or have my laptop with me. Usually, it's between 7:20 AM to ~1:50 PM, and afterwards ~4 PM to 10:30 PM.

About the VIP Teamban; Paper was constantly mass free killing, as you said, and we've called an admin on him multiple times if I am not wrong. It's been ~45 minutes and everyone in the server complained about it. I can't recall precisely why I added the 'no mic' part, but again; I was new to Jailbreak at this time.

About the chatlogs;
#1 from Dart - I didn't know it at the time.

#3 from Dart - He was on the BLU team, aka Guards, if I recall correctly. He had ear rape music on and that was the only way to mute him. [Removed a part because of a misread] Yes, we called an admin, as I stated.

#1 from you - He was playing ear rape music. The reason I reported him was personal issues. Yes, that is the only time it happened because of Personal Issues. No, I haven't skipped any potential reports after that incident.

#2 & #3 from you - apples

Either way, again, thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to seeing how my application can be improved in the next time, if necessary.

I tried using grammarly on this response to try to look professional. It fixed some stuff like my double-space keyboard so I guess I might keep using it.

Last edited:

demon

K X N G
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
+1, aside from the few hiccups you have with the logs everything else looks fine.

Neliel

Laureline
Admin ★
Bribing with credits to freekill, threatening to gag and suggesting to teamkill...

Frundley Scuoot

Member ★
Bribing with credits to freekill
I don't recall this part? If you mean the part with Recep, no. He was a guard and that wouldn't be free kill. As I stated twice, he was reported for mic spamming and that was the only way to mute him.

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Admin ★
Neutral
Your application appears to be decent and you're notably active. However the other concerns which have been stated already prevent me from fully supporting your application.