• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Motion sensor for engineer (jailbreak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dovydas

Aug 13, 2017
Lithuania
So I thought of this maybe a month ago and I thought what if engineer wouldn't be so useless and would actually have some use instead of just having a dispenser and giving away ammo to reds. I thought that something like a motion sensor would be really usefull in jailbreak since you could just put it down in the armory and go do something else ofcourse it would have to be balanced somehow I'm thinking of eather replacing the dispenser or being instead of a sentury slot but if you crouch it dosent detect you or something like that.

Feel free to post any more ways to balance it or give it some other uses

Reactions: Xypher

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
I actually like that idea, however I think it might be a bit too good to be used in armory. so.. how about placing it anywhere BUT armory and give it a circle-like sensor range?

also- super, can't we just remove primary for pyros?

Reactions: Frussly

Dovydas

Aug 13, 2017
Lithuania
Nothing a pyro can do without other classes doing it better. A flamethrower is the main reason pyro is good soldier heavy engi and scout also have shotguns as secondary weapons. And for mele, they're more used for utility than damage appart from neon and axetinguisher (which requires enemies to be set on fire to do a guaranteed crit) and if you're going in to mele range why don't you use a flamethrower? if you're going mele than go medic demo soldier or engi since they're more effective with meles

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
well, its technically primary for engineer and scout, but i get that one. The only thing i can really arguement with is that some people just enjoy being a pyro more than others, and the powerjack is a pretty good melee anyway. If a red rebels and tries to run towards you to kill you, shotgun can be really good. and while flamethrower would be better in that situation the flamethrower has a much higher chance of hitting reds who didn't rebel. its really the same with soldier, you don't use your rocket launcher when the rebelling person is close to the rest of the red team.

well- some people do but you shouldn't!

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
not necessarily, shotgun vs melee onlys seems pretty efficient to me, and if they get ammo i suppose the blu team have failed one way or another anyways.
Thing is if you're going to go Pyro and only use your shotgun, it's in every sense of the word obsolete. Soldier and Heavy can both use Shotguns and are more durable (as well as having usually sufficient primaries) and Scout is just the best choice for using a shotgun anyway. And going Pyro solely for melee weapon usage in an arena game mode is suicide. There is nothing a Pyro is good at on BLU other than being the go-to choice for freekillers.

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
Yeah thats true, but when we're talking about fixing engineer because hes too useless, should it at least be concidered to fix pyro too instead of just removing him? perhaps giving jetpack instead of primary or something.

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 31, 2017
New York, United States of America
Well, as I've played my fair share of jailbreak, here's my input. I believe that the main purpose of pyro, soldier, and demo are killing rebellers. Whilst having a shotgun secondary for pyro would allow the class to kill specific people, the flamethrower is useful when dealing with day rebellers. What I call a day rebeller is someone that runs off during the round and tries to get ammo, rather than it being someone who just didn't do an order. Pyros and the other AOE classes allow the blus to stay safe when there is a day rebeller either off in the distance, in armory, or with ammo ready to kill blus. Their AOE may not be good for specific targeting, it's good for rebellers. Another point I should add are scouts. Scouts are a pretty common red choice, and really only have 3 and a half counters when their running or up close and personal.*The soldier, who has good damage and rocket jump mobility is a good class to kill rebelling scouts. Another scout, who could chase down the rebeller. The pyro, who has a good AOE weapon and maybe a flare gun for distance engagements. I count demo as the half because his range isn't great and his mobility costs his health. With 2 and a half of those options removed, having a team of scouts is not optimal. So, I say keep the AOE classes. Of course, this is all opinion.

*Note- There were 2 other classes that came to mind; Sniper and Heavy
I don't say these for the following reasons
Sniper: Only a good counter if you can aim and hit a running scout
Heavy: Good at killing the scout in close range, but lacks any medium to long range potential

*Note 2- I like the idea of a motion sensor for engie

Mr. Rampage

Forum Activist
Jul 25, 2017
United States
So I thought of this maybe a month ago and I thought what if engineer wouldn't be so useless and would actually have some use instead of just having a dispenser and giving away ammo to reds. I thought that something like a motion sensor would be really usefull in jailbreak since you could just put it down in the armory and go do something else ofcourse it would have to be balanced somehow I'm thinking of eather replacing the dispenser or being instead of a sentury slot but if you crouch it dosent detect you or something like that.

Feel free to post any more ways to balance it or give it some other uses

As an engi main I would place a dispenser or a teleporter near the "secret" entrances to the armory, NOT in front of them because that may count as blocking an entrance way. Funny thing is, it seems the reds can't resist the urge to destroy the building and in doing so, I get alerted that someones near armory. It's not perfect but it works about 80% of the time. That's the motion detector alternative I use when I go engi. It should probably suffice as a substitute.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
big thread, nice

as pyro you need to be using powerjack or you're not helpful, alls econdaries are obsolete because where there's one good aspect in one, the others can do it better, and vice versa
the demoman is fine on blue just remove demo secondary use and the problem is solved that way
if you wanna have a sensor you could try programming one :trump:

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
Big Sis, i know that pretty much all the plugins for the Custom Jailbreak servers are indeed Custom, but i've seen other servers with some sort of trigger-motion system, so that when you go near set object it alerts whoever placed the object, sort of the same when as a team gets alerted when someone stole their Intel, or when a building is damaged.

I have no idea which community/owner the servers belong to, or what plugin it is, but its effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.