My Pet Betta Fish

Orang

Forum Activist
Top Poster of the Month
Mar 3, 2024
United States
Rex 3 Months
This is my Betta fish, Rex. He is roughly 3 months old now (We don't actually know how old he is, but when we got him, he was 1.4 inches so that's usually 2 months old). We been feeding him fish flakes because he refuses to eat bloodworms or fish pellets. We are going to try brine shrimp and see if he eats that. So far so good, we had him for a bit over a month now! :)

Orang

Forum Activist
Top Poster of the Month
Mar 3, 2024
United States
ohhh nice i want a fish but i feel like they a lot of work
Fish are the least amount of work from all of the pets, depending on what fish you get and what size aquarium you get. For me I have one betta fish in a 10 gallon tank, and I only do a water change once a week and feed him twice a day. I also test the water twice a week and add Seachem Prime and Seachem Stability every day, but that's only because my aquarium is currently cycling. Once it's cycled, I will only add the chemicals once a week.
There's a lot of information to take in but once you get it, it will be easy, trust me.
If you wanna research into the aquarium hobby, I recommend checking out Kaveman Aquatics, he is a good source for information. Here's his beginner's playlist:

YxngAP

★ Donor ★
Sep 14, 2018
Fish are the least amount of work from all of the pets, depending on what fish you get and what size aquarium you get. For me I have one betta fish in a 10 gallon tank, and I only do a water change once a week and feed him twice a day. I also test the water twice a week and add Seachem Prime and Seachem Stability every day, but that's only because my aquarium is currently cycling. Once it's cycled, I will only add the chemicals once a week.
There's a lot of information to take in but once you get it, it will be easy, trust me.
If you wanna research into the aquarium hobby, I recommend checking out Kaveman Aquatics, he is a good source for information. Here's his beginner's playlist:

ohhh okay thank you yeah i got a dog and 2 cats i lowkey would be worried my cats would eat my fish lmao

• This Is Fine
Reactions: Orang