• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted New Rule Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
I've been playing on Jailbreak servers for a long time, and I encountered this unpleasant situation many times. REDs would get free killed for following a "Here Marker" after a "Warden Marker", but the truth is, that they are both considered to be warden markers. So arguments always occur about this theory being true or false. I suggest adding a new rule regarding this misleading misconception to avoid confusion and unnecessary free kills.

Example:
Jailbreak rules > Rulings

All warden markers placed by the warden are considered to be Warden Markers.
  • This includes "Here markers" too.

Mew

Honorary Member ★
Jul 31, 2019
Agreed, this would clear up any arguments. Technically they are called the different names but I hate wardens who use the trick because I think it's dirty and unfair to players that haven't played warden / had much experience.

Nonetheless, wardens usually use the here marker and a warden marker in conjunction with each other because it makes it easier for the reds to see where the warden marker is. So why not just make them named the same thing?
+1

Last edited:
Reactions: Davey

TheMinecraftPoke

The Lucky One
Honorary Member ★
May 5, 2019
The “Here” Marker displays a big icon saying “Here.” It can’t be misleading if the name is plastered onto the marker, for everyone on the server to see.

It can be misleading. Some warden say that both are the same, other don't. For example, warden says "bombrush to all my warden markers" and then places a here marker and some reds go to it. The one who didn't go to it are killed and claim freekill and lying warden.

This new change would remove all confusion.

I support this rule change +1

Reactions: Davey

Mew

Honorary Member ★
Jul 31, 2019
The “Here” Marker displays a big icon saying “Here.” It can’t be misleading if the name is plastered onto the marker, for everyone on the server to see.

Sure, they are different things (opinion based). The issue is that some wardens beg to differ. Reds just kinda get used to the fact that they are the same thing (most of the time both a here and a warden marker are used in conjunction with each other) because all they do is mark an area for reds to go. Then when a warden that says they're different things and uses them as a trick order, reds complain about getting freekilled and arguments ensue. Technically they're different things. The problem is that people argue that they are the same thing!!

Therefore, why can't we just make them defined in the rulings as the same thing so that no one gets mad about being freekilled?

More fun = More time spent playing

Reactions: Davey and Hypernova

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
The Warden Menu has changed the wording of Here Markers upon the most recent Jailbreak update.

"Here Marker" -> "Warden Here Marker".

Do you guys still want to add this rule? Personally, I don't think it's very much needed.

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018
Isn't the rule Warden markers can be here markers but here markers cant be warden markers?
I will let more people vote and see if anyone knows about this (if I am correct) and my vote will be based on the communitys reaction

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Isn't the rule Warden markers can be here markers but here markers cant be warden markers?
I will let more people vote and see if anyone knows about this (if I am correct) and my vote will be based on the communitys reaction
If a warden says "Go to my warden markers", that logically means both Warden Markers and Warden Here Markers as they are both...well Warden Markers.

However if a warden says "Go to my here markers", that could only mean Warden Here Markers since the other Warden Marker has nothing to do with "Here."

It's like how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. All Here Markers are Warden Markers, but not all Warden Markers are Here Markers.

• Wow
Reactions: Davey and Hypernova

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
If a warden says "Go to my warden markers", that logically means both Warden Markers and Warden Here Markers as they are both...well Warden Markers.

However if a warden says "Go to my here markers", that could only mean Warden Here Markers since the other Warden Marker has nothing to do with "Here."

It's like how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. All Here Markers are Warden Markers, but not all Warden Markers are Here Markers.
This is what you should specify in the rules. :)

Reactions: Hypernova
Status
Not open for further replies.